[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

I  uploaded updates for the most-recent patch from yesterday -- Q2-309254

https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/tree/Q2

Due to layer changes many buildings may appear wrongly or invisible (like custom tiles) - please update mods that add buildings.

Also a crash fix in ShowIndustrialMachineryTag.

@FenrirZeroZero I'll add a config to that soon

@xxx_420_bad_boy I could, Ill see if i have time for that soon-ish

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 1

@Cairath

The Pharma Chambers are still very broken with woundedgo2bed mod. They kill any FPS; I've tested this on 3 computers, and as soon as dupes go into the chamber game performance tanks into single digits. This using only your mods. I'm trying to see if I can repro in a test map, but so far it only seems to happen in survival mode. Not sure if it's due to pathing issues, but I basically can't use the pharma chambers at all.

Hey folks,

I've slowly started updating mods for QoL3 and uploading them to Steam. Mods uploaded on steam do not require modloader - just subscribe! But be sure to delete the non-steam version from the old location completely

It's just 3 for now, but I'll go down the list during the weekend :)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076768290/myworkshopfiles/?appid=457140

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 3

I am aware - it has not been updated yet (and is not the only one that doesn't work). I haven't managed to update all of them last weekend, but I should be able to do so this week. Mods on github are currently not updated. As I update, I upload them to steam now -those are up to date. 

Some person tried to be "helpful"  and uploaded some of my not updated mods without my permission -please ignore those, I'm not responsible for whatever it is they uploaded.

• Like 1

Downloaded your mod - No AutoSave

Is this possible create some option in it? Save every x cycles for instance? After 1000 cycle approximately game has tendention to crash. This option could save a lot of time.

Hi Cairath,

Big fan here. Do you think you could perhaps make a variant of your "RefinedMetalsUsableAsRawMaterials" so that we are able to do tunnel bridges out of insulator?

I tried to do an adaptation but apparently I failed miserably. Care to take a look? 

Thanks, cheers and have a great weekend!

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Harmony;

namespace InsulationUsedAsPlastic
{
    public static class InsulationUsedAsPlasticPatches
    {

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(ElementLoader))]
        [HarmonyPatch("LoadUserElementData")]
        public static class ElementLoader_LoadUserElementData_Patch
        {
            public static void Postfix()
            {
                var insulation = ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.SuperInsulator);

var basic = new[] { insulation };

insulation.oreTags =
                    CreateTags(insulation.materialCategory, new[] { "PLASTICS" });
                GameTags.SolidElements.Add(insulation.tag);

}
        }

private static Tag[] CreateTags(Tag materialCategory, string[] tags)
        {
            var tagList = new List<Tag>();
            if (tags != null)
            {
                foreach (var tagString in tags)
                {
                    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(tagString))
                        tagList.Add(TagManager.Create(tagString));
                }
            }

tagList.Add(TagManager.Create(Element.State.Solid.ToString()));

if (materialCategory.IsValid && !tagList.Contains(materialCategory))
                tagList.Add(materialCategory);

return tagList.ToArray();
        }
    }
}

5 minutes ago, CMA157 said:

Do you think you could perhaps make a variant of your "RefinedMetalsUsableAsRawMaterials" so that we are able to do tunnel bridges out of insulator?

No need. Pipe bridges are not pipes, but rather teleporters. This means they never contain gas/liquid and as such will never change temperature of the contents. Making them insulated will not change that.

2 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

No need. Pipe bridges are not pipes, but rather teleporters. This means they never contain gas/liquid and as such will never change temperature of the contents. Making them insulated will not change that.

@NightinGale I'm talking about the tunnel bridges, as in, the plastic bridges used for tunnels so that dupes pass through walls when using the tunnel network. Not the liquid nor the air bridges.

@NightinGale, Check picture. This was what made me notice this... unwanted feature about these buildings. Yes, I had already remove some tiles before the printscreen, but it is still possible to see the "cold" materials on the ground  on the bottom part of the system. Yes I know I could use a "water lock" but that would still require control of the temperatures of the liquid overtime.

Top is a sleet wheat farm, bottom is a mushroom farm.

Screenshot (88).png

Oh nice, the replies merge.

@CMA157 Ahh, you mean the "Transit Tube Crossing". If we use the ingame names, then there is a greater chance people will understand each other ;)

You have a point and it would be nice if we could have both tubes through insulated walls and tubes in extreme temperatures. I guess I could make it myself, but my list of what I want to mod is rather long right now, meaning I second this request.

• Like 1

Hi,

could you port Piped Algae Terrarium to the Workshop?

And could you make an little mod that removes the energy cost of the Doors? (Maybe while enabling more Materials like Isolation for it *cough*) 

Anyway of your Answer: thank you kindly for your mod collection, i have nearly all in my game and it is so fantastic :)

18 minutes ago, harmonium said:

Can you make a mod to make flower ignore the temperature ? I have all the time hard time to grow pinpernut flower they request too much heat.

I suspect this could be done by adding a postfix to SpiceVineConfig.CreatePrefab, use the return value (a GameObject instance) to read TemperatureVulnerable. That one has some public floats, which looks like they are the temperature thresholds.

The question is how the state machine will respond if it happens to be set up and then the numbers are altered. There is only one way to find out: find somebody who will spend the time trying to implement this and see what happens.

The ideal mod would be a config file, which contains all thresholds for all plants.

• Thanks 1