Recommended Posts

badgamer123    101

been using the wounded go to med bed mod
it work great ,but if you got a lot of injure(I was cheap design a part of hot place no atom suit) mine was 6 bed + 1 chamber
now when i get to like 8-9 guy need to go to med bed If I order the almost healed(90 hp+) one leave the bed it will very fast auto assign back to that bed.It could easy work around by scroll down to find that almost dead dupe and assign him the med bed.However it make the mod much less effective.
It also seem to insist heal everyone to full(if I unassigned them from med bed with 98 hp they will go out walk a bit and come back reassign them too the mod test said light injured or worst will go to bed)
thx for great mod it save a lot of time already

EDIT:btw wall-paper steel ladder...could we move the icon closer to top like other ladder?

20190125204014_1.jpg

Edited by badgamer123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

@Tourman The mods don't need to be taken out of the folder now -- I actually see now that they're just dlls in the zip, not the folders.. I'll fix it later today. For 'easy and quick' there's a zip called ^CompletePack.zip - you can simply drag the folders to the Mods folder. The folders themselves soon  will be crucial, I'm working a bigger manager with configs.

 

@badgamer123 The only thing that could be done would be to disable it for light injuries, which I won't do. You can manually assign some other dupe, but the auto assignment works on a first-come-first-serve basis (just like the original assignment for slimelung, it uses exactly the same mechanic). Not sure if I can modify the sort order there, I can take a look later - never really thought of it.

 

Everyone: I published my discord server link a while ago on github, forgot to link it here: https://discord.gg/jcZ4M4e

For people interested in the development of my mods or website, or help with modding in general - I'm there close to 24/7 with breaks for sleeping, so if something explodes I'm quicker to contact over there :p

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badgamer123    101
35 minutes ago, Cairath said:

 

@badgamer123 The only thing that could be done would be to disable it for light injuries, which I won't do. You can manually assign some other dupe, but the auto assignment works on a first-come-first-serve basis (just like the original assignment for slimelung, it uses exactly the same mechanic). Not sure if I can modify the sort order there, I can take a look later - never really thought of it.

 

Everyone: I published my discord server link a while ago on github, forgot to link it here: https://discord.gg/jcZ4M4e

For people interested in the development of my mods or website, or help with modding in general - I'm there close to 24/7 with breaks for sleeping, so if something explodes I'm quicker to contact over there :p

 

 

Thx for reply
darn that crazy modding lol
The problem mostly come from dupe at 90+ hp should removed the light injuries buff on them but it seem the game remember he was light injuries.....

Edited by badgamer123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857
1 minute ago, badgamer123 said:

The problem mostly come from dupe at 90+ hp should removed the light injuries buff on them but it seem the game remember he was light injuries.....

The dupes generally don't leave beds until fully healed - the mechanic wants them to finish their 'treatment'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

Finished my newest mod - Wireless Automation.  (downloadable here)

What does it do? Imagine a wifi router - you're getting 2 new buildings: wireless emitter and receiver -- emitter has an automation input and wirelessly emits that signal on a set channel. Receivers wirelessly listen to that signal (on the same channel) and further sends the signal by wires.

You can have multiple receivers listening on the same channel - they will receive the same signal from the paired emitter. Adding multiple emitters is technically possible, but it'll create 'interference' (as in the game will actually check for only one emitter on the channel so it's accurate as long as there is only one emitter giving signal on one channel)

Default channel upon construction is 0, possible channel range: 0-100. Both buildings take 50 refined metal to build and 100W to operate.

More specific timing: the receivers check for signal every 200ms, so it is not instant - but hey, wireless never is! :p

 

be43244d8c.gif

 

Additionally, I corrected how zips are generated. The proper way to install the mods is

.../Mods
       /ModName
              /ModName.dll

 

There is no need to take the .dll out of the folder - please keep them inside the folders (but unpack the zip!). I will be adding configs and additional files to my mods soon and folders will keep them organized.

 

In case of any problems with the automation, please report! I've tested it and everything seems to work alright so far.

 

Edited by Cairath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

The game uses .NET Framework 3.5 which is mostly a Windows thing, but I think there might be tools that would allow you doing that on Linux - I am not sure about that, I do all .NET programming on Windows. But definitely the first thing would be getting .NET to work (and not the cross platform .NET Core) then proceeding as you would on Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

Updated and recompiled mods for Q2-306320 - preview branch

'master' branch in repository always has mods for the LIVE game  branch (currently Q1)

'Q2' branch has mods compiled for preview branch Q2: link here: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/tree/Q2

 

mods that are incompatible with the new patch and need to be updated in order to work on the preview branch:

- Algae Grower

- Piped Algae Terrarium

The other mods are compatible with both Q1 and Q2 but I always recommend updating to mods compiled with the latest game files.

 

Other fixes:

- Wallpaper and Paint Walls: fixed granite being transparent

- Steel Ladder: fixed copy-paste gone wrong, the Steel Ladder is now again named Steel Ladder instead of Wallpaper

 

 

Edited by Cairath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnderwearApp    134

Just a heads up it would seem people will need to update Colorful Shinebugs as well. 

Haven't tried the Q2 update yet but with Q1 version I have no colors.

Oh and the wireless automation thing is sick. Great job!

Edited by UnderwearApp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cairath said:

The game uses .NET Framework 3.5 which is mostly a Windows thing, but I think there might be tools that would allow you doing that on Linux - I am not sure about that, I do all .NET programming on Windows. But definitely the first thing would be getting .NET to work (and not the cross platform .NET Core) then proceeding as you would on Windows.

I will try to install visual studio community in a VBox , by the way , how hard can be to create that the autosweep arm do the harvesting ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857
16 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

I will try to install visual studio community in a VBox , by the way , how hard can be to create that the autosweep arm do the harvesting ? 

I won't know unless I try, but I've got multiple 'robots' in mind, harvesting one of them, so possibly will find out soon =P

 

@UnderwearApp works fine for me :( just checked both ranching rebalanced and colorful shinebugs (they use the same code for colors anyway)
are you sure they're installed fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnderwearApp    134

Yeah I have the dll in the folder. I will try with the newly compiled versions.

 

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember it making even normal shine bugs different colors. Mine are still all the same. Is there another file I need? Seems weird that yours are working and mine aren't.

 

I am not using ranching rebalanced by the way.

Edited by UnderwearApp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857
14 hours ago, UnderwearApp said:

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember it making even normal shine bugs different colors. Mine are still all the same. Is there another file I need? Seems weird that yours are working and mine aren't.

You're not mistaken -- they should be slightly more yellow. Could you spawn other bugs with sandbox and see if they're all not working for you?

 

@ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy Yup, it's a small change, I can drop one very soon. It's drywall, tempshift and what? Which windows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cairath said:

You're not mistaken -- they should be slightly more yellow. Could you spawn other bugs with sandbox and see if they're all not working for you?

 

@ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy Yup, it's a small change, I can drop one very soon. It's drywall, tempshift and what? Which windows?

The tall windows of the gravitas centre. Much appreciated!

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cairath said:

@ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

 

A small mod reversing recent Drywall/Tempshift placement changes to make them buildable behind tiles and doorways again, No Leaky Walls: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/blob/Q2/Mods/NoLeakyWalls.zip

Thanks a bunch! Going to test it now.

EDIT: work perfect!

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

Also, released a mod I finished last night: Eerie Colors. 

I've longingly looked at the old, dark screenshots and wanted to have something like that in game. 

What this mod does:

- uses one background for the entire map - by default it is background of the unused crystal biome (can be turned off or changed to background of another biome)

- removes color tints on elements and buildings in the world applied per biome and uses one color for the entire world instead (can be turned off, configurable color)

Please do not take the .dll out of the folder. Keep it together with the Config.json file.

A couple of screens:538e87470b.jpg

 

995885174f.jpg

 

And so, Colorful Shinebugs are so much doper now:

f74233ae5a.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnderwearApp    134

So I am not too smart. For some reason I thought the default shinebugs shone different colours.

 

Sorry for wasting your time.

 

Edit: Just downloaded a new drop from Github, not seeing the Eerie Colors mod. Is it somewhere else?

Edited by UnderwearApp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857
40 minutes ago, UnderwearApp said:

So I am not too smart. For some reason I thought the default shinebugs shone different colours.

 

Sorry for wasting your time.

 

Edit: Just downloaded a new drop from Github, not seeing the Eerie Colors mod. Is it somewhere else?

Please switch to the Q2 branch for that (link above). If you're still on Q1, it *should* be backwards compatible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Camaro69327    12

Hi,

Just stopping by to say thanks again for the continued work to keep the MODS up to date so quickly. I have been using some of the mods since the first came out and would really miss things like : Material color , zoom , border edges , larger maps. I Have also thrown some of the newer mods in but have yet to use many of them but like the idea that they are here to use.

I always knew Material color was working because one of the first 8 tiles (under printing pod) was of a different material (7 were made from Sandstone and ONE was made from Igneous rock ) so it stuck out like a sore thumb..lol It has since been fixed by the DEVS cause they are all Sandstone now. And i finally figure out i was missing the sprite folder, so now i have the button to toggle material color on and off...DUH.

P.S.When the DEVS first changed the map size i was like this is a tiny map,,,WTF...So i went looking for a way to change it...Now i always have my big map :).Only tried the new Eerie colors a little bit last night, i left it at the Default (Crystal I think?) and i like it so far....:)

Again it is really appreciated and Thank you very much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the Q2 branch Wallpaper on Q1. Granite is no longer transparent and its not hiding picture frames anymore but for some reason the tiles will spontaneously lose color.

wallpaper.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    857

Updated steel ladder to be replaceable with the other ladders! (Q2 branch only)

 

@kittehkatbar I can't reproduce that at all :( If you notice any pattern when it happens please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi!

two requests...

could you add lockers to the ONI object list?

and, is it possible to make the critter dropoff not get waterlogged?

this would make it possible to skip all this BS with ranching and just have dupes drag cattle off to be drowned instead of building elaborate machinery...

love your mods!

Edited by xxx_420_bad_boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now