[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

1 hour ago, Tourman said:

@Cairath

Is there a way to remove flow splitters without causing the game to crash? Whenever I delete this water flow splitter that is empty, the game crashes shortly after.

I've been told that deconstructing works fine, destroying in debug doesn't. Is this the case? I'll have to look into it when I'm home from vacation

I'd appreciate output log if you've got any

Edited by Cairath

22 hours ago, Cairath said:

I've been told that deconstructing works fine, destroying in debug doesn't. Is this the case? I'll have to look into it when I'm home from vacation

I'd appreciate output log if you've got any

I'm not removing in debug. I'm simply trying to deconstruct as part of normal gameplay. I tried making sure the pipes are empty but it still crashes about a minute after. The gas flow splitter behaves the same way.  

@Tourman Would you send me the affected save please? I can't get it to crash on my pc. It could also be some unfortunate mod combo, though I use almost all of my mods at all times and I use splitters a lot and haven't had issues - any other author's mod that could mess with piping or flows?

Edited by Cairath

5 hours ago, Cairath said:

@Tourman Would you send me the affected save please? I can't get it to crash on my pc.

@Cairath

I still have the issue where the Pharma Chambers kill the game FPS (into single digits), however it takes a few minutes for it to appear. Once it happens it gets gradually worse to where the game is unplayable. Pausing the game returns FPS to normal levels until unpaused, and also if I move all dupes into different chambers it temporarily fixes the performance drop.

I've attached my output_log, but I don't see anything in there. I can reproduce this 100% of the time in my save. Removing woundedgotobed mod seems to fix it, but hard to tell since you can't heal physical injuries and restarting the game temporarily fixes the issue.

output_log.txt

Edited by Tourman

I've just finished and pushed a big refactor of my mod repo.

Due to some internal renaming some buildings like sensors might reset their values and retired buildings will disappear

If you are about to start a new base, please update mods now for smoother transition later!

Significant changes:

• conveyor rail utilities (dropoff, shutoff, filter) merged into one mod Recommended to update with a new save - you MUST remove the old separate mods. The old items will despawn. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • bigger zoom out also will allow scrolling outside the map borders without being 'pushed' back towards the center
  • chairs and couches will now use reed fibers to craft
  • Drywall and Tempshift Hide Pipes Separate Objects has been retired and replaced by Wallpaper (look below) Recommended to update with a new save. Old DrywallHidePipes will disappear in game.
  • Drywall not entombed has been retired
  • Mosaic Tiles and Steel Ladders are now correctly back in the "Base" building category

New mods:

• No Auto Save - I think I don't need to describe that :p I will release a version with configurable days-between-save sometime later this month.
  • Paint Walls - Drywalls and tempshift plates colored according to what material was used to build the wall (thanks to Etiam's Material Color)
  • Wallpaper - a cheap (25 resources) and very quick wall (looks like drywall but does not work like drywall - you cannot seal space with a wallpaper). Colored with build material, hides pipes (I tested multiple times, but please let me know if this starts covering plants or art again q.q). Meant to be decoration and cost close to nothing, the only thing it provides is visuals for the player.

In addition to that, from now on my mods will ping my server so I can see some statistics which mods are used the most. You don't need internet connection (it just won't ping the server if it can't) and I do NOT store any personal info - just the mod name and the timestamp when it was used in someone's game.

PS. There was a crash error in the Bigger Zoom mode yesterday until 1:40am today - sorry, I uploaded one of the files too early.

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

I've just finished and pushed a big refactor of my mod repo.

Due to some internal renaming some buildings like sensors might reset their values.

If you are about to start a new base, please update mods now for smoother transition later!

Significant changes:

• conveyor rail utilities (dropoff, shutoff, filter) merged into one mod Recommended to update with a new save - you MUST remove the old separate mods. The old items will despawn. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • bigger zoom out also will allow scrolling outside the map borders without being 'pushed' back towards the center
  • chairs and couches will now use reed fibers to craft
  • Drywall and Tempshift Hide Pipes Separate Objects has been retired and replaced by Wallpaper (look below)
  • Drywall not entombed has been retired
  • Mosaic Tiles and Steel Ladders are now correctly back in the "Base" building category

New mods:

• No Auto Save - I think I don't need to describe that :p I will release a version with configurable days-between-save sometime later this month.
  • Paint Walls - Drywalls and tempshift plates colored according to what material was used to build the wall (thanks to Etiam's Material Color)
  • Wallpaper - a cheap (25 resources) and very quick wall (looks like drywall but does not work like drywall - you cannot seal space with a wallpaper). Colored with build material, hides pipes (I tested multiple times, but please let me know if this starts covering plants or art again q.q). Meant to be decoration and cost close to nothing, the only thing it provides is visuals for the player.

In addition to that, from now on my mods will ping my server so I can see some statistics which mods are used the most. You don't need internet connection (it just won't ping the server if it can't) and I do NOT store any personal info - just the mod name and the timestamp when it was used in someone's game.

PS. There was a crash error in the Bigger Zoom mode yesterday until 1:40am today - sorry, I uploaded one of the files too early.

Removed Drywall and Tempshift Hide Pipes Separate Objects and replaced with Wallpaper mod, now all drywall is transparent an does not seal spaces. This persists even if I remove and add drywall again.

Old object was removed so it correctly disappeared. Forgot to add the same warning as with conveyor utils.

Wallpaper isn't supposed to seal space.

I added more warning-y warning about it -- sorry!

If you've got a lot of DrywallHidesPipes it will disappear when you removed its mod, you can: 

-keep the old mod in the game for now

- change the mod to Wallpaper and rebuild where needed

Edited by Cairath

8 hours ago, Cairath said:

Old object was removed so it correctly disappeared. Forgot to add the same warning as with conveyor utils.

Wallpaper isn't supposed to seal space.

I added more warning-y warning about it -- sorry!

If you've got a lot of DrywallHidesPipes it will disappear when you removed its mod, you can: 

-keep the old mod in the game for now

- change the mod to Wallpaper and rebuild where needed

The problem is that all drywall textures have disappeared, like even normal drywall that I had never touched. It's all transparent, even if you rebuild with only the wall mod. This also applies to the temp shift plates. Removing and re-building doesn't fix it.

Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words...

pxXQdYW.jpg

Edited by Tourman

I uploaded a possible crashfix for flow splitters. Since the crash is extremely random to me I tried to cause it with a few saves  now to no avail, but if it still crashes for someone please let me know. (@Tourman)

Also uploaded fixed Paint Walls and Wallpaper -- something changed and bork them in the latest patch -- sorry for that

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cairath said:

I uploaded a possible crashfix for flow splitters. Since the crash is extremely random to me I tried to cause it with a few saves  now to no avail, but if it still crashes for someone please let me know. (@Tourman)

Also uploaded fixed Paint Walls and Wallpaper -- something changed and bork them in the latest patch -- sorry for that

Have you tested the Pharma chambers with my previous save? I could not for the life of me get rid of the slowdown until I removed them and replaced with beds. Also on that note, can you make Pharma chambers heal more than regular beds? From what I can tell they are the same, which doesn't justify the use of electricity.

Thx for the nice mod,I want to ask some question b4 i was gonna to try some mod.

could i reverse the save game after using mod?(the base was 2k cycle lol)I mainly interest in some QoL change like water sieve temp fix.ranch last 3 day etc.
what will happen if I try to put on other ppl mods will it crash?
thx for answering my newbie question

btw could we have an mods that oil well that keep emitting nat gas (like oil rig burning nat gas?)

All of my mods are removable except for the Palmera Tree. -- the game doesn't like it when you take away its food, apparently.  If a game is saved with the palmera tree mod you need to have it for that save. All other mods, when removed, either stuff will just have no mod effect (like sieve will go back to 40C output) and custom buildings will disappear from the game when you load it.

Mixing with other mods: I don't know of any incompatibilities between mine and trevice's or Etiam's mods, the safe rule of thumb should be "do those two mods mess with the same stuff?" But generally they all play along

Edited by Cairath
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Cairath said:

All of my mods are removable except for the Palmera Tree. -- the game doesn't like it when you take away its food, apparently.  If a game is saved with the palmera tree mod you need to have it for that save. All other mods, when removed, either stuff will just have no mod effect (like sieve will go back to 40C output) and custom buildings will disappear from the game when you load it.

Mixing with other mods: I don't know of any incompatibilities between mine and trevice's or Etiam's mods, the safe rule of thumb should be "do those two mods mess with the same stuff?" But generally they all play along

little tree deserve more love lol.
I got a OCD to make every water go through sieve 40C + or I feel like losing something lol

Edit:installed the steel ladder mode,it work fine show up in game,but it has a strange name call :Wallpaper ??did I install the mods incorrectly?

Edited by badgamer123

@Tourman Works fine for me :(

3cb88fb807.png

Not sure why your game would handle transparency differently, buuuuut I added one more thing to enforce it in the mod right now, so please re-download the newest version.

4 hours ago, Simulacrum said:

for a stone hatch to lay a smooth hatch egg you changed it to metal ore but did not add metal ore to diet so you cant bread smooth hatch's

Thanks, uploaded a fix

7 hours ago, Cairath said:

@Tourman Works fine for me :(

3cb88fb807.png

Not sure why your game would handle transparency differently, buuuuut I added one more thing to enforce it in the mod right now, so please re-download the newest version.

Thanks, uploaded a fix

I did a git pull and it deleted all the dlls, was it supposed to move everything onto the zip files? Anyway I figured it out - if you build with granite it's transparent. Other materials work OK.

y8jrlph.png

Edited by Tourman

Yep, I've moved mods to zips so that they are easily downloadable on github and allow me to put other stuff in their folders (like configs). There's also a zip called ^CompletePack.zip that has all the folders at once, should someone want to download all of it.

Thanks for finding the granite issue -- I guess I'll check each material separately and add edge cases for those that don't want to behave.

46 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Yep, I've moved mods to zips so that they are easily downloadable on github and allow me to put other stuff in their folders (like configs). There's also a zip called ^CompletePack.zip that has all the folders at once, should someone want to download all of it.

Thanks for finding the granite issue -- I guess I'll check each material separately and add edge cases for those that don't want to behave.

Like would you be able to keep the dll folder? Not sure about others but I just clone your repo locally and just pull updates. Makes it easier to drop in updated mods.