seedling_ground_plant_trans
plant_growth_trans
vine_idle
open
close
misc

most of those were combinations of those pesky looking vines :(

5b9e5709298d1_realthought.png.4d6ec5ea4ebf477381ab15ea4c063d40.png

How did you see those animations? If I could get my hands on those it'd make my life SO much easier. 

When I write mods I have a little piece of code that lists me existing "frames" (not really frames.. states? parts?) of the animation which I then assign to the building/item states. Some anims are meant to be played once, some in a loop.

Tldr: I print out a list then assign the types to an object to see them in game

hey I happened to have a moment while reading thru mod stuff. And I kinda just blurted out a bunch of stuff at the other modder. Just ideas that came to me as I was typing, reading the forums here. Some suggestions, maybe.

can you make a mod that lowers the map light by maybe half or less, and makes gases twice brighter?

Could you make WW cultivatable? They drop a seed, the animations wouldn't have to match out completely I suppose. This one is off the cuff just now. Maybe placeable in planters?

Could you make a bottle emptier that had plumbing?

Could you make a mod for rotating the various inlets and outlets?

Could you make a mod that painted the colors or some designations on buildings/structures? So a set of red lined batteries that means 'this', or yellow ones meaning 'that'? Or wires and pipes?

Or numbers, plain numbers on tiles? There aren't to many choices for tiles so just by looking a number could be easier to read.

Could you make a mod that has an overlay for each gas type?

Can you make a mod that shows how much mass you have mined from the map?

Lights that give decor but won't grow plants for half the costs and half the coverage? Can you make them rotate-able?

Could you make a mod that lets the HY generator burn different gases? Or supplement/change the other generators?

Could you make large capacity batteries? some simple stripe or color to change them. But increased capacity?

On 9/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, Slvrsrfr said:

hey I happened to have a moment while reading thru mod stuff. And I kinda just blurted out a bunch of stuff at the other modder. Just ideas that came to me as I was typing, reading the forums here. Some suggestions, maybe.

can you make a mod that lowers the map light by maybe half or less, and makes gases twice brighter?

Could you make WW cultivatable? They drop a seed, the animations wouldn't have to match out completely I suppose. This one is off the cuff just now. Maybe placeable in planters?

Could you make a bottle emptier that had plumbing?

Could you make a mod for rotating the various inlets and outlets?

Could you make a mod that painted the colors or some designations on buildings/structures? So a set of red lined batteries that means 'this', or yellow ones meaning 'that'? Or wires and pipes?

Or numbers, plain numbers on tiles? There aren't to many choices for tiles so just by looking a number could be easier to read.

Could you make a mod that has an overlay for each gas type?

Can you make a mod that shows how much mass you have mined from the map?

Lights that give decor but won't grow plants for half the costs and half the coverage? Can you make them rotate-able?

Could you make a mod that lets the HY generator burn different gases? Or supplement/change the other generators?

Could you make large capacity batteries? some simple stripe or color to change them. But increased capacity?

I'll just go through and answer some of these....

1:I think there is mod called Darkness
2: I think there is a way for the WW to be cultivatable but you can get them by ships now... yay
3: Yes
4: Which buildings?
5/6: Assets are hard to mod, but I know Cairath is working on a way. 

7: I don't know about this one, but there is a mod that helps see the different gas types, but I don't know which one it is. 
8: don't know, I think the game keeps track... 
9: hmm...maybe.
10: maybe
11:there is a mod like that... 

Seeker

Hey I wonder if the Ranching Rebalanced causes the stone hatches to have their diet/excretion mixed up leading to no smooth hatchling chances (or smooth hatchling spawn chance is the mix up in case the ores are the product for sedimentary/igneous and so on)

Now that I looked at it I think you're right. I'll fix when I can. They still can lay smooth hatch eggs with a small chance but the modifier wasn't adjusted for the diet.

Sorry, still on vacation, will be slow with responding till October.

@N00bieMeap I probably could. I'll look into it when I have a while.

In the meanwhile... https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/tree/space-industry/modfiles

There's been some changes in the game code and it wasn't as smooth as I'd like it to go, but I've uploaded updated mods for the preview branch, they're in the space-industry branch. I haven't managed to get custom planets for the plant mods to work and refined metals usable as raw for now (if you have something built already it will work fine) but it's way too late (early?) in the morning and I need some Zzz's

• Thanks 1

Uploaded a preview-branch version of the RefinedMetalsUsedAsRaw mod, and fixed visual range display on the double range sweeper (the pickup range was double, the visualization wasn't)

I've also managed to fix the planets for Fervine and Palm, buuuuut.... turns out resources from planets are broken in the current game version so I'm gonna wait til Klei fixes it before uploading. It works fine as it is (or if someone wants to spawn the seeds with sandbox), it's just impossible to acquire without debug mode until planets are fixed.

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 1

@FierceClaws I could, or at least halve it (I've got 5 skimmers and the map is still full of high-pressured co2...)

There are problems with a few mods currently:

- faster jetpacks

- ranching rebalanced

There's quite a few annoying things changing almost every small patch right now, I'm trying to patch it up asap, but please let me know if something else breaks.

It's unrealistic- they need thrust to hover, but it takes no effort for me to upload two versions, so there you go

Base jetpacks emit 3 times as much CO2 mass as the fuel used (???)

This mod brings it to 1x as much: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/blob/space-industry/modfiles/LessWasteFromJetpacks.dll

This one removes CO2 emission completely: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/blob/space-industry/modfiles/NoWasteFromJetpacks.dll

• Thanks 2

A heads up: after the two most recent preview updates there are issues with mods causing crashes. I will get to fixing tomorrow when the version hits live. In the meantime, if you are experiencing crashes or can't launch the game please remove the mods and try again.

• Like 1

New mod: Draw Buildings Without Materials https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/blob/master/modfiles/DrawBuildingsWithoutMaterials.dll

You can place researched buildings with discovered materials even if you currently don't have them in the inventory. Sorta a blueprinting thing so you can place those pipes when your metal is still refining and you want to place them all at once 

• Like 1