[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

Releasing another one of my mods!

Many of you have seen the Palmera Tree when @watermelen671 was datamining the assets a long while ago, sadly it never made it into the game.

Here it is (the images being uneven annoy me more than they annoy you, trust me):

b1c54c70c8.png2f5fc6944d.png

Details:

77d069410e.png

- they consume chlorine at a 1g/s rate

- upon harvest, they drop 10kg (10 berries, 1kg each) worth of those little guys:

81a6e68b4a.png

- Palmera berries are inedible. If left alone they will continue releasing hydrogen at 1g/s until they disappear or spoil (8 cycles if not refrigerated like food). Atmosphere of 1.8kg pressure of above suppresses the hydrogen emission. Fully grown tree ready to harvest (with berries visible) will also emit a tiny bit of hydrogen.

- Palmera berries can be cooked into delicious Steamed Palmera Berries. Do not question the realism! Steaming takes by far the longest to cook of all other foods. Highly skilled chiefs preferred! This steamed berry is worth 2000kcal of food with quality of +6 (ambrosial!) Does not emit any gases. This means that one tree provides you with 1000kcal/cycle if you prevent the uncooked berries from offgassing!

5373c90317.png

- The tree looked super weird in plantboxes. Meet trellis! It's two tiles wide and is a special planter "box" for the palm only. You cannot plant the palm in a normal farm tile. 

f0eae5bbf9.png

- Why are the berries so magical and delicious?!?! Because they're FROM SPACE! Mount your old dusty rocket and make your way to a completely new Gassy Dwarf, be it for its gasses, palm seeds or dirt.

35681c7915.png

And once again thanks to jakkdl for math-balancing-thingies brainstorming!

This is beyond wicked! Nice work!

Think you could do something like this for the shockworm? Always thought they could be harnessed for power. If it's a possibility I'll brainstorm some drawbacks and values.

Edited by UnderwearApp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cairath said:

b1c54c70c8.png2f5fc6944d.png

Yo. Mind sending me a version of them moved up a tile? (so that they're in the air?)

I'll then reassemble them so you don't have to worry about uneven screenshots. :wilson_goodjob:

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

@UnderwearApp I'm working on the Volgus now! Extremely busy with work though, so no ETA yet.

426490401122418688.png?v=1

Spoiler

Edit: 

What would the possibility of you being able to put the Fervine (Heatbulb) plant to be added back into the game?

Spoiler

BTW, if you need any of the old build's .dll files, just lemme know and I can hook you up.

blurryeyes.png.b79426bafd679c048c0f8dcd4883e4f3.png

Edited by watermelen671
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@watermelen671 I definitely want to add the nice part of the heatbulb! It's on my todo list. I've played around with its animations (the open/closed leaves) and it's pretty neat. The vines look awful, but the flower itself is sure worthy of being in game. I just don't have enough time right now haha.

Floating trees:

badb085380.png

9f3c7ec4c5.png

It sways!

Spoiler

8c9683a16c.gif

Sneak peek:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, Cairath said:

@FierceClaws sorry, I don't use that mod, so not sure! Have you used the egg sensor? There are three: critter, egg and critter+egg (just making sure)

It uses the same counter that critter drop-off uses to display number of critters in the room - if that one is working with the big-room mod, then the sensors should work too

i tried all the sensors, only the critters one works

New mod: Fervine!

This heatbulb plant comes from Mini Sun. It's temperature sensitive: above 20C it will absorb a small amount of heat from the atmosphere and store it. Once it stores sufficient amount, it will open up and emit light using the stored energy. If the temperature falls below 20C it will stop absorbing heat and continue using stored heat to emit light until it runs out of energy, then goes back into its closed state.

b4408d76cf.gif

I've been also asked to upload a mod that makes shinebugs colorful as a separate mod - so if you don't want the entire ranching bundle but still love the colored shinies - there's a ColorfulShinebugs mod that only changes their colors and nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi there,

Good stuff, was wondering if it's possible/you would consider making a mod which automatically analyzes/studies geysers when uncovered, it is very useful for debug/testing because not even debug mode allows for this, last I looked anyway. Who has 20 years to build researchers up to tiers necessary for that when testing?

Appreciate your free time is limited and this could be challenging, hopefully you understand my request, I'm quite tired at the time of writing.

2 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

Hi there,

Good stuff, was wondering if it's possible/you would consider making a mod which automatically analyzes/studies geysers when uncovered, it is very useful for debug/testing because not even debug mode allows for this, last I looked anyway. Who has 20 years to build researchers up to tiers necessary for that when testing?

Appreciate your free time is limited and this could be challenging, hopefully you understand my request, I'm quite tired at the time of writing.

Hey, if for debug purposes, pressing Ctrl+F4 enables instant mode (you will notice that all buildings are available to be built). Then you can just press the 'analyze' on the geyser. It takes a few seconds to update the geyser window, select some other tile and then geyser again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

Hey, if for debug purposes, pressing Ctrl+F4 enables instant mode (you will notice that all buildings are available to be built). Then you can just press the 'analyze' on the geyser. It takes a few seconds to update the geyser window, select some other tile and then geyser again.

Fair enough, thanks very much, it never used to work, it always said pending, this is great, thanks for the info.

Uploaded two new mods:

- Wounded go to med bed:

Wounded dupes (starting with lightly wounded) will pick an empty medical bed (not pharma chamber!) automatically and rest there until their health is full again.

- Suit docks store only 75kg oxygen

Does... exactly what is in the name :p Stores an amount needed to fully refill one suit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yep, all the mods work with the current patch, if anything breaks let me know! I play using all of them, but sometimes I don't notice something.

I like your volgus idea..  because many of the points are exactly the same as my ideas :D A big limitation to volgus is that the graphics for it are old and not adapted to the new critter system - no babies/ranching, so I thought of it as a wild abyssalite producer. According to the old game files it used to be skittish and run away from dupes

• Like 1

I've just uploaded a fix for Refined Metals Usabe As Raw Metals that corrects a bug where refined metals would not show up under 'refined metals'. Now it shows as both raw and refined metal, but is correctly usable in buildings like power plant station that filter only from refined metals.

@dunny

• Like 1