[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

Aaargh I don't get notifications if you edit the post D: I indeed forgot to remove the output, I'll push the fix soon

Fixed. I can't guarantee a 100% that it's compatible - to be safe, save the old version of the mod and if you encounter any errors revert to the old version, deconstruct the grower, update the mod and reconstruct it. I worked for me with simply updating it, but just to be safe, keep an old version for the update

Edited by Cairath

Sry for that xD

I thought you were just busy,  i know you don't have any obligation to make us delicious mods.

Regarding the grower, i had no problem by just replacing the old file, thanks for fixing that.

On another matter regarding the grower, i was about to report that the one grower i had simply stopped working for no apparent reason, but now that i updated the mod it is working again. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:20 AM, Cairath said:

In the meantime, a few days ago I've uploaded a decor lights pack made from unused assets in the game: 4 lights -salt lamp, lava lamp (the lava moves!), fixed ceiling lamp from POIs and a wall lamp. Only the first two give decor, but don't question my naming choices :p  Light offsets are ~0.5 tile off, I'll be fixing them sometime soon/today   fixed

Reveal hidden contents

762786bd3f.png

The lamps look great. One problem I ran into is when I add BuildablePOIProps.dll my research, jobs, etc buttons all disappear. I cannot get into them with the respective hotkeys either. Removing the file fixes the issue. It was working before with all the props in their own dll files. i.e. table, chair left, chair right. etc.

Any ideas?

Edited by UnderwearApp

@UnderwearApp Did you remove all the singular files? The only files that should remain from that pack are BuildablePOIProps, MosaicTile and SteelLadder. That error usually comes up when item definitions for research are messed up, but am playing with the mod myself and there's no issue.

If you confirm there's no leftover of old version files and it's still broken I'd appreciate output_log to see what's up

4 hours ago, Cairath said:

@UnderwearApp Did you remove all the singular files? The only files that should remain from that pack are BuildablePOIProps, MosaicTile and SteelLadder. That error usually comes up when item definitions for research are messed up, but am playing with the mod myself and there's no issue.

If you confirm there's no leftover of old version files and it's still broken I'd appreciate output_log to see what's up

Yep that was it. I forgot to remove the DNA statue.

One other question. When I try to build the salt or lava lamp, it says it requires and I am missing the material "Transparent". Is this some kind of bug or is there a material added that I have not discovered?

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, UnderwearApp said:

One other question. When I try to build the salt or lava lamp, it says it requires and I am missing the material "Transparent". Is this some kind of bug or is there a material added that I have not discovered?

Try to look for diamond or how to make glass. It may be it. If not, I don't know then ^^

9 minutes ago, Cairath said:

"Transparent" category is indeed diamond and glass. Does it say that 'transparent has not been yet discovered'? if yes that's normal before you have either in your inventory

Lol I always restart before then. I feel dumb.

Thanks again again!

• Like 1

Aaaaand update for rocketry preview!

Mods that are 100% incompatible between versions and will break the game if you try to load wrong versions:

- buildable POI props

- conveyor filter and shutoff

- decor lights

- ranching sensors

All mods have been recompiled to the newest preview and are available in the rocketry branch:

https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/tree/rocketry

Note: output_log does show warnings when custom items are placed in the world/save is loaded. They are just warnings and seem to be completely harmless. If anything breaks please let me know, but I am on vacation until Monday.

PS: modloader works fine between the live and preview versions

edit: I added a mod that goes back to watts and joules called GTFO-DTU

Edited by Cairath
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi there!

Are you still taking ideas for mods? Because i would really really like to have an egg drop off... a place for the dupes to carry the eggs and just drop them, so i don't have to constantly be checking for eggs in my set containers to prevent them from deteriorating away.

Algae grower is working like a charm, maybe too charming... they ate trough a huge storage of CO2 very quickly xD

Though i stopped playing for now... lag became unbearable and they haven't fixed that.

@Gaons it worked for me on thursday. I wont be home til tomorrow, so can't check.

@melquiades I've only been doing the ones that interest me personally, right now I am working on something bigger that I'd finally like to finish without getting sidetracked by everything, so not soon :p Especially when it's not something to be done quickly

edit: mystery solved. for some odd reason official modloader explicitly expects CU or EU version.

I'm still using the version I compiled last month and works fine for me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fn508K8OtCrLWF1vVwqkfbKaJP_R0TIJ/view (although i dont remember if it was a version with proper linux support)

Edited by Cairath

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

I'm still using the version I compiled last month and works fine for me

I'm using it now and got some log errors with a few trevice mods, just removed them and seems working fine after

So I finally decided to release my Ranching Rebalanced mod that's been living somewhere on the side for quite a while, although it doesn't contain everything I initially wanted to add (and am planning to add in future mods), I'm quite happy with it.

Ranching Rebalanced - what changes:

Pacu:

- Pacu die out of water instead of flopping forever. Opens new possibilities of fish...butcheries.

- Tropical pacu convert clean water to polluted water, 200g/s, output water temperature 55C

Shinebugs:

- I really love colorful stuff, so shinebugs colors are way more vibrant now.

Spoiler

unknown.png

- People seemed to like the idea of making shinebugs useful for power purposes. The shinebugs now are brighter the better they are! PS: Can cause temporary player blindness or dupe sunburn ;)

Spoiler

0658bc930f.png

Diets:

- mechanics change: if fed with actual food, the calories are transformed into corresponding mass, not using food mass, for example: a hatch can eat either 140kg ore and poop 140kg of coal, or 700kcal of food and poop <1kg of coal. In the mod, the 700kcal will be equivalent to 140kg of ore and eating 700kcal of food will make it poop 140kg of coal. Breaks mass? Sure! But makes food feeding viable.

- actual diet changes:

Slicksters

- Longhair slickster: 30kg Oxygen/day -> 20kg Oxygen/day

Hatches

Spoiler

(Eating food is equivalent to eating 140kg of ore)

da71523eaa.png

Pacu

Spoiler

(Tropical pacu eating food - 1000kcal - is equivalent to eating 150kg with poop conversion ratio 1:1)

034d41e484.png

Dreckos, shinebugs & pufts

Unchanged

Credits:

Big thanks to jakkdl who has done a great deal of brainstorming and math behind the ideas!

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Releasing another one of my mods!

Many of you have seen the Palmera Tree when @watermelen671 was datamining the assets a long while ago, sadly it never made it into the game.

Here it is (the images being uneven annoy me more than they annoy you, trust me):

b1c54c70c8.png2f5fc6944d.png

Details:

77d069410e.png

- they consume chlorine at a 1g/s rate

- upon harvest, they drop 10kg (10 berries, 1kg each) worth of those little guys:

81a6e68b4a.png

- Palmera berries are inedible. If left alone they will continue releasing hydrogen at 1g/s until they disappear or spoil (8 cycles if not refrigerated like food). Atmosphere of 1.8kg pressure of above suppresses the hydrogen emission. Fully grown tree ready to harvest (with berries visible) will also emit a tiny bit of hydrogen.

- Palmera berries can be cooked into delicious Steamed Palmera Berries. Do not question the realism! Steaming takes by far the longest to cook of all other foods. Highly skilled chiefs preferred! This steamed berry is worth 2000kcal of food with quality of +6 (ambrosial!) Does not emit any gases. This means that one tree provides you with 1000kcal/cycle if you prevent the uncooked berries from offgassing!

5373c90317.png

- The tree looked super weird in plantboxes. Meet trellis! It's two tiles wide and is a special planter "box" for the palm only. You cannot plant the palm in a normal farm tile. 

f0eae5bbf9.png

- Why are the berries so magical and delicious?!?! Because they're FROM SPACE! Mount your old dusty rocket and make your way to a completely new Gassy Dwarf, be it for its gasses, palm seeds or dirt.

35681c7915.png

And once again thanks to jakkdl for math-balancing-thingies brainstorming!

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

@FierceClaws sorry, I don't use that mod, so not sure! Have you used the egg sensor? There are three: critter, egg and critter+egg (just making sure)

It uses the same counter that critter drop-off uses to display number of critters in the room - if that one is working with the big-room mod, then the sensors should work too