[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

I've been modding for a while, posting some mods in several threads or discord, finally decided to create a thread and share everything with y'all!

Repository link: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076768290/myworkshopfiles/?appid=457140

Feel free to ask questions/leave feedback. Enjoy :)
Encountered a bug? Shoot here! https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/issues

Due to having over 35 mods it's become awful to keep their list maintained in two places. 
Full list of mods with their descriptions is here: https://github.com/Cairath/ONI-Mods/blob/master/README.md

Edited by Cairath
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 10

Thanks! Added a mod that makes drywall not entombable to prevent the annoying 'Entombed' messages  (might need saving and reloading the save after installing the mod for already built drywalls) and a requested mod that sets p.water heat capacity to the same value as clear water

cai, is there a chance that u can mod the smart storage / refridgerator signal outputs?
i was hoping for a chance to set at which capa they send signal and when they go to standby, like the battery works.

just getting a signal at 100% makes them often hard to use to control the shipping of items.

General question: I see, there are mods updated to a certain build-version of the game. Does that just mean, something related to that mod has changed, and had to be adjusted? Or are mods generally build for a certain version, and will cause problems with new releases?

Between the cosmic and expression upgrades, the game changed from .net 3.5 to .net 4 so mods had to be recompiled against that version, the mod content itself remained the same. The mods patch the game methods directly, so if something considerably changes the mods will fail to load

Sometimes an update breaks the modloader, like right now *long sigh*

54 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Between the cosmic and expression upgrades, the game changed from .net 3.5 to .net 4 so mods had to be recompiled against that version, the mod content itself remained the same. The mods patch the game methods directly, so if something considerably changes the mods will fail to load

Sometimes an update breaks the modloader, like right now *long sigh*

i was using the medicinethreshold one, and after upgrade all my dupes rushed to take their meds :)

Just now, MorsDux said:

i was using the medicinethreshold one, and after upgrade all my dupes rushed to take their meds :)

Every update resets the injected game file so you need to run the injector again -- except this update broke the modloader, so don't do it until fixed :(

1 minute ago, Scorpio King said:

Did you had anything to do with Air Lock door mod Cairath? It just vanished from mod lists. Or it was just not working? 

Tis not my mod  -- look in trevice's repository in his thread :p 

3 minutes ago, Scorpio King said:

No modloader no play *Longer sigh* D:

I swear it's a plot to make me stop playing and go work. Instead I'll be just trying to figure out why it broke *shrug*

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

Updated the mod files and the modloader to the current game version. Mod files available in the repository, mod loader files in my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fn508K8OtCrLWF1vVwqkfbKaJP_R0TIJ

Thanks Cairath, you are our hero we all need but do not deserve!

I noticed you have a Critter Sensor mod as well, does it functions same as trevice version? Aka room to room basis. I would love those to have a proximity detection area. Keeping stables enclosed in rooms seems like waste of space, when you can have 400 hatches in 3x3 area.

OxygenNotIncluded_2018-07-31_16-06-34.png.cee069528b01a4ce27c86899d6bbb3f4.png

Edited by Scorpio King

@Scorpio King That's it, I'm reporting animal abuse :o 

It is indeed room-based but with corrected logic - the other version would not always trigger at edge values. I will be looking into sensors for alive critters and eggs, because the existing one counts both of them together (just like rooms count critters+eggs) and I could look into proximity sensors then, but no promises and closer to the weekend

On 2018. 08. 01. at 3:25 AM, Jhun1929 said:

Thanks man =.=

can also you make a mod that make window tile invisible to sweepers just like before the update? 

Not so much use for that tile without this function =(

window tile lets light pass through :) 

Ranching sensors! Replaced the old critter number sensor with three new sensors: critters and eggs sensor, critters sensor and eggs sensor which count.. well, they count what is in their name :p 

Note: if you are using the old critter number sensor, please deconstruct it and delete CritterNumberSensor.dll from your mod files and replace it with the new RanchingSensors.dll

file's in the repository (as per first post)

@Seeker89 Oops, looks like I skipped that one in the readme: Adds Liquid and Gas Flow Splitters, which have an input and two outputs. The splitter splits incoming gas/liquid into two packets of the same sizes and sends them to outputs. If one output gets clogged, the second output will receive more flow.

I try to update the first post from time to time, but for the most up-to-date readme check the repository :)