Expressive Upgrade Available Now!! - 279457

2 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Will hurt the start of a game if it produce that much heat.

Because of the price of raw metals, I would recommend that it be a limited consideration anyway.  The part that concerns me is for lime production.  That's a TON of heat for mass production.  Thanks for noticing that... if that's not new then I didn't see it for a long while, probably because I had heavy cooling in the base by then.

Edited by WanderingKid

Just now, neoazureus said:

I think isn't new, because you can see 80W here (ONIpedia) and this page isn't updated regularly

Weird, as I have been using it quite often without any issues. I will have to move it and also add a thermo sensor so it does not cook my duplicant there.

6 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Weird, as I have been using it quite often without any issues. I will have to move it and also add a thermo sensor so it does not cook my duplicant there.

I can confirm that isn't new.

Expressive Upgrade code: Rock Granulator 80W

buildingDef.SelfHeatKilowattsWhenActive = 16f;

Ranch MKII code: Rock Granulator 80W

buildingDef.SelfHeatKilowattsWhenActive = 16f;

Edited by neoazureus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WanderingKid said:

You can resume an existing save, just prepare for a bit of a change for the morale expectations.  It's a  bug that it shows NOT IMPLEMENTED.  it's working just fine.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Must admit the morale did throw me a bit too... can’t get away with unshowered tier 3’s anymore(!), which seems a lot more balanced tbh!

• Developer
36 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

@jambell, any chance you could work your magic on the transformer?  My generators make less noise then what seem to be a large hive of bees when you have a bunch together, like this:

RV0uw5l.jpg

Ah!

Yes, I'll take a look at that. Maybe the "multiple instances of a building turning each other down" system is broken on the small transformer.

(as an aside, I just mentioned to Ipsquiggle that this was like, the perfect sound feedback post. It included the problem, a picture of the problem so I can see exactly what the setup is, and a bit of laughter too! thanks for the feedback!)

I'll take a look and let you know what I find!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm lost. I see all the new buildings but scheduling says "NOT IMPLEMENTED" and everyone just goes to the bathroom and eats whenever. They don't even take a break. Its like the same.

Anyone else? Did I miss something about them leaving this out or am I bugged?

28 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

I'm lost. I see all the new buildings but scheduling says "NOT IMPLEMENTED" and everyone just goes to the bathroom and eats whenever. They don't even take a break. Its like the same.

Anyone else? Did I miss something about them leaving this out or am I bugged?

You're bugged and not bugged, probably. 

Bathrooms can take an emergency run if they hit 100% on bladder, so the first few cycles you're probably trying to get them actually ON schedule with an older base.  When they need to go in any of the three sections that's NOT work, they'll pretty much hit the can first.

Break is when they eat.  They'll also try to do leisure activities too, but that's when they get lunch.

Bedtime will pretty much let a dupe finish what they've started, and then head to bed.

The only bug I've hit with this is that NOT IMPLEMENTED is on the mouseover, but the scheduler still works just fine.

Edited by WanderingKid

It seems like for existing bases, you have to manually adjust the schedule once and wait for it to cycle through to a new category before it starts working.

What's throwing me is I'm not sure which of the rooms is needed (for recreation rooms that is).

Do I need a Great Hall for recreation and a mess hall for eating?  Is the great hall just a strictly better mess hall?

Do the dupes get stress relief from hanging out in the great hall or do they actually have to eat there?

Info:  the way I've been building my rooms (before EU) was to have a 4 dupe barracks (eventually changing to comfy beds) attached

to a 4 dupe mess hall.  4 levels of those to fit the 16 dupes I use.  Can I leave that in place and just put a single mess table in the Great Hall rec room (to be filled with espresso, jukebox, water cooler, etc for recreational use) or do I need to make a great hall that all 16 dupes can eat in and get rid of the mess halls?

• Developer
6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Discoverable Lore Entries: What was "Gravitas", and what was their purpose? How did the Duplicants end up on the asteroid? Inspect buildings, critters, and more to fill your Database and start unraveling the mystery!

Yes! Can't wait to read what everyone finds!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

Not definitively, but looking at an old save... 25%/-25%.  So, Morale under or above 5 from target.

EDIT: I know this will keep me out of all the really good parties, but -40%/25% seems like a better clamping balance.  If morale should matter, it should HURT.

I found this in code:

public const float MAX_STRESS_QOL = 0.0416666679f;

public const float MIN_STRESS_QOL = -0.0416666679f;

+41.67%/-41.67% :confused: