[Game Update] - 279276

4 minutes ago, goboking said:

This sounds like a perfect chance to put the new schedule feature through its paces.  Try setting your mushroom farmers (and anyone else who works in unpleasant conditions) to shorter work shifts with longer leisure time, then designate a few of your 48 dupes to be full time mushroom farmers and have them work in morning/evening or day/night shifts to ensure you've always got someone tending the crops.

I will see what can be done. Right now, in 5 cycles, I have 12 duplicants at 100% stress and 20 more above 60% and rising...

42 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Since those are mushrooms farms, yes, my farmer are holding their breath while working in carbon dioxide. And to feed 48 duplicants, they are working a lot to do so (but they have some help from the ranchers since my stables are not fully functional).

Which means holding breath + ugly rooms and at the end of the cycle, hungry and full bladder. I do not see myself to have exosuits for my farmers only to harvest mushrooms...

Why not? None of us would like to work all day in an atmosphere, where we can not breath. So exosuits would be a good solution. Or a shorter work shift. Or a shorter work time in this area (break + setting door permission with automation).

I really like this, will start to play the game again after I didn't really played it for like 10 months :D

I am just not sure that an existing map can live in this update. Normally, you would have 1-2 duplicants rising in jobs, things would gets out of hands a little, you would adapt and so on.

Until this version, providing 10-16 morale for a duplicant who require 24 was enough, for as long as there was massage table available for them to relax. Now, it is not even barely enough.

I guess I will have to restart because my base is not built with exosuits for farms in mind. Exosuit to dig in slime or for oil yes, not for farmers. I wonder how much oxygen they will require since they will will be there all the time...

6 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

I am just not sure that an existing map can live in this update. Normally, you would have 1-2 duplicants rising in jobs, things would gets out of hands a little, you would adapt and so on.

Until this version, providing 10-16 morale for a duplicant who require 24 was enough, for as long as there was massage table available for them to relax. Now, it is not even barely enough.

I guess I will have to restart because my base is not built with exosuits for farms in mind. Exosuit to dig in slime or for oil yes, not for farmers. I wonder how much oxygen they will require since they will will be there all the time...

They can work anywhere, but not all the time, just boost the morale with food. Now I can finally use the higher quality food for something.

3 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

They can work anywhere, but not all the time, just boost the morale with food. Now I can finally use the higher quality food for something.

Perhaps, but I have a similar problem with my bases.  I have plenty of décor spam and they eat Frost Buns and Pepper Bread when it's around, but my main food stock is Fried Mushrooms.  Décor expectations are also incredibly high and I have nowhere near enough entertainment for an existing base to handle it.  Half my dupes will go insane while they're trying to build the things that will rescue them from low morale.

I agree, this is definitely new base territory, and control your job upgrades heavily.  Rancher at +16 might be a bit rough to handle in the early game.

10 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Why not? Dupes working all day long in unbreathable gases will constantly get out to recover their breath, resulting in a lot of wasted time.

4 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

Perhaps, but I have a similar problem with my bases.  I have plenty of décor spam and they eat Frost Buns and Pepper Bread when it's around, but my main food stock is Fried Mushrooms.  Décor expectations are also incredibly high and I have nowhere near enough entertainment for an existing base to handle it.  Half my dupes will go insane while they're trying to build the things that will rescue them from low morale.

I agree, this is definitely new base territory, and control your job upgrades heavily.  Rancher at +16 might be a bit rough to handle in the early game.

The paintings and statues are poor decor items, metal tiles on the other hand make the decor rating skyrocket.

4 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

For now, I can't. Ice biomes are almost not existent on my map so frost buns and pepper bread are out of the window. Barbeque require full stables and to feed 48 duplicants, I will require dozens of stables / fish pools. The only option remaining is stuffed berries so I guess I will have to start my bristle and pincha farms ASAP and pray for them to be online fast enough. And that I do not run out of water (but I guess that untaped slush geyser can be useful for this).

I might go back a few cycles back as a way of starting this since now, with that many dupes going crazy, I just can't build something up :)

Going to be fun...

17 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

How much refined metal do you have?!  I use mine sparingly.

I refined 40 tons of gold to make wires around the base, used some for tiles and power plants, I have 2700 kg refined left and 75000 kg that I can refine.

But putting dupes on normal schedule with 3 squares of downtime seems to be not enough. They seem to accumulate stress rather quickly when you send them to work, even in exosuits. 

Need to start new world and see how that will play, but its the move in the right direction for sure.

Maybe more dupes with more shifts with longer rest times will be better.

Edited by _Q_
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

How can I configure steam to stop the update tomorrow from happening? I really don't want this installed as it looks like it'll ruin my base.

Right click on Oxygen Not Included > properties > updates > set to "Only update this game when I launch it".  Then to play you'll have to go offline in Steam. 

Or you can adapt and overcome.

Edited by AzeTheGreat

a priority system for the buildings used during "downtime" phase would be great. Currently i have a lot of massage tables set up and those dupes that need 24 morale is constantly reaching 90% stress level and always go for the massage table instead of prioritizing  boosting their morale, so it's an never ending cycle of getting stressed. Low morale stress increase significantly ~80% and since the massage only removes 30% their stress always increase with 20-50% either improve the massage tables effect or increase the priority for getting the available morale boost buffs they are missing.

Also i cant find any information regarding how much decor or what food quality they need. Has this been completely changed where quality 1 increase x amount of morale?

Edited by mattee53
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

It's a bloody disco robot. 960W is fine. It doesn't run all time, apparently multiple (more than 2) dupes can use it at the same time the buff lasts 3 cycles. It's not required by ANY means.

You can literally run it from single wheel and small battery.

Similar story with Arcade.

I don't see anything wrong here either. I do welcome stress being a bit more hard to manage, I have not seen any stressed dupe for ages. Maybe just my play style...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Massage tables reduce the stress just by just 30% and if a dupes uses the massage table all day long he will not get:

- socialized

- downtime

=> My dupe was stressed, got a whole day on the massage table and feels now worse than before ...

(I play on fatalistic, so my dupes gain 20% stress without me doing anything)

I am confused.  So there are lots of ways to get stress but the message table is capped on the stress it can remove?  Seems like a doomed outcome.

42 minutes ago, mattee53 said:

a priority system for the buildings used during "downtime" phase would be great. Currently i have a lot of massage tables set up and those dupes that need 24 morale is constantly reaching 90% stress level and always go for the massage table instead of prioritizing  boosting their morale, so it's an never ending cycle of getting stressed. Low morale stress increase significantly ~80% and since the massage only removes 30% their stress always increase with 20-50% either improve the massage tables effect or increase the priority for getting the available morale boost buffs they are missing.

Also i cant find any information regarding how much decor or what food quality they need. Has this been completely changed where quality 1 increase x amount of morale?

Seems like it might be better to ditch message tables and rely on the rec room entertainment instead?

If my memory serves me right: Massage tables were able to remove 70% stress and were nerfed to just 30% (% reduction for a full cycle).

But my and @mattee53  main concern are dupes missing out on their downtime when they use the massage table the whole day.

=> My dupes will not raise their morale and will need even more time on the massage table next cycle ...

10 minutes ago, chemie said:

Seems like it might be better to ditch message tables and rely on the rec room entertainment instead?

I play on fatalistic difficulty, so my dupes will gain at least 20% stress each cycle.

=> I need way more than 24 morale to prevent my stress level from raising

(Or a some time spend on the massage table each day)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

But putting dupes on normal schedule with 3 squares of downtime seems to be not enough. They seem to accumulate stress rather quickly when you send them to work, even in exosuits. 

Need to start new world and see how that will play, but its the move in the right direction for sure.

Maybe more dupes with more shifts with longer rest times will be better.

Cheak your game and look do you have same situation as I do? If it so - you don't need to start new game - it will be the same situation.

Please answer.

39 minutes ago, chemie said:

I am confused.  So there are lots of ways to get stress but the message table is capped on the stress it can remove?  Seems like a doomed outcome.

In this current state yeah... I attached the massage tables to a clock so they are only available during a short time when its "downtime" phase. It works kinda you have to hope that they all get their buffs on during that period. But it seems there is no morale boost for the food they eat so missing out on dancing/arcade time might not be that big of a deal. If the buff for food gets applied and depending on if it is a significant boost to morale.

31 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If my memory serves me right: Massage tables were able to remove 70% stress and were nerfed to just 30% (% reduction for a full cycle).

But my and @mattee53  main concern are dupes missing out on their downtime when they use the massage table the whole day.

=> My dupes will not raise their morale and will need even more time on the massage table next cycle ...

They probably shouldn't increase it to 70% again but at least increase its effect while in a massage clinic. An increase would be helpful considering they spend 525 seconds on the massage table out of 600 if the priority for sleep is higher, so it wont even remove 30 if 30% a cycle is correct. so a 30% loss of stress for lost bath time,work and downtime. And if you play on fatalistic you would maybe net a 7% loss of stress without morale included

Edited by mattee53
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mattee53 said:

In this current state yeah... I attached the massage tables to a clock so they are only available during a short time when its "downtime" phase. It works kinda you have to hope that they all get their buffs on during that period. But it seems there is no morale boost for the food they eat so missing out on dancing/arcade time might not be that big of a deal. If the buff for food gets applied and depending on if it is a significant boost to morale.

They probably shouldn't increase it to 70% again but at least increase its effect while in a massage clinic. An increase would be helpful considering they spend 525 seconds on the massage table out of 600 if the priority for sleep is higher, so it wont even remove 30 if 30% a cycle is correct. so a 30% loss of stress for lost bath time,work and downtime. And if you play on fatalistic you would maybe net a 7% loss of stress without morale included

Wouldn't you want the tables on all the time except rec time?

Is food working as intended or bugged?