Underground opening was a time warp

I go into a underground opening only to instead appear in a different location and time above ground with new day music playing. Judging by the number of days and what I had accomplished that was erased  I suppose it could have been the game state when I first loaded the game this session... hours ago.

Does the game not autosave as you play? Or could the earlier stage of the game be buried in the latter version? If the latter, could there be a way to recover my progress?

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this game world. In order to investigate this further, we will need more information. 

1) What kind of world were you playing in when this happened? (Vanilla, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked-compatible world, etc.)

2) What were the sequence of events that took place when you ran into this situation?

Also, would you be able to provide us with the affected game's log.txt file as well as the save file that is encountering this? You can find your log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

And you can find the save file in \Steam\userdata\{Your Steam ID}\{219740}\remote\survival_n or cave_n

Where n = the save slot number

I use Linux Mint 18.2

The game is a plain one with no shipwreck compatibility.

I had opened up this underground in a previous session, I went down it once and went back up and hadn't been underground since or during this session before the time warp bug occurred. Other than that, I am not sure what you want for "sequence of events". It was evening and I just pressed up against the opening to enter. You want the blow by blow of hours of a gaming session?

I found my save in the most peculiar of places at ~/.steam/steam/userdata/154812434/214560/remote/users though I can't say for sure it is my don't starve save.

Also other odd stuff in here like this ~/.steam/steam/userdata/154812434/config/shaderhitcache/24e1692c3bf08a2e/91629d797da2300f95ee6e6f5dd3710c Which is the address for a completely empty directory/folder inside another completely empty folder except for said empty folder.

There is no "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve" and I searched my drive for both "klei and "donotstarve" and it couldn't find either of these words. So I am unable to find/provide a log at this time.  Or put another way, I can provide lot's of logs, which do you need? I found ~/.steam/steam/logs but no "log.txt" file, all log files in this folder have more specific names. There are 22 files in this log folder, and I am not sure if any are the one you want.

You didn't answer my questions, do you think there is a chance to recover my work? Isn't the game suppose to autosave as you play? I mean for a game that forces saves and deletes them upon death without choice if it doesn't also autosave, seems kinda stupid.

savegame.sav

Thank you for providing us with the additional information. The team was able to reproduce the issue and are looking into what may have caused this to happen. As we were unsure of which platform you were using, we had provided the \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\ location. Linux save files for Don't Starve is indeed located in ~/.steam/steam/userdata/{unique ID}/219740/ (if Steam cloud is enabled) and ~/.klei/DoNotStarve/ (if Cloud is disabled).

Regarding your question, the game indeed saves at the beginning of each new in-game day. However, something happened with your save file that negatively affected it. Unfortunately, we cannot for sure know if the progress is recoverable at this point as we are still investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience.

You still want the log? Where do I look for it? Would you please tell me more about steam cloud.

When you reproduced the issue, did you use my save or a new game? If my save, so it's still glitchy and causes warps every time you enter that underground?

We were able to reproduce the issue and have a possible fix for it, which we are planning to include in an upcoming patch for the game. We do not have an ETA for this patch yet, but we are hoping to have it live soon. Thank you for your patience.

You still want the log? Where do I look for it? Would you please tell me more about steam cloud.

When you reproduced the issue, did you use my save or a new game? If my save, so it's still glitchy and causes warps every time you enter that underground?

We do not need the log file, thank you for the offer though. We had used the save file you had provided us to reproduce the issue in caves as well as to develop a possible fix for this. We will let everyone know once the patch (which will include the fix) is rolled out, which we are hoping will be soon.

Thank you for your patience, we have included a fix for this issue in a recent patch for the game. The aim for the fix was to ensure that the issue would not happen again for new game worlds created - any existing worlds may get affected with as well, but we cannot promise anything.

Regarding your save file, sadly we were unable to recover any lost progress due to the save file only including any progress that was included in the file before your character ran in to the issue. That being said, any new game worlds you create should not run into this issue with the latest patch/fixes. Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

You missed  a question of mine(several questions even). When you recreated the problem, did you use my save to do so? Does that mean that warped save, warped again when you went underground again? To the same time?

Or were you able to recreate the problem in a new game?

I never see patches for my Steam games, but my installed games are a bit older. Does it ask permission before installing patches? Is this patch already out now?

"Would you please tell me more about steam cloud. "

Archived