Disable certain admin commands

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to disable certain admin commands such as "c_reset()" or "c_regenerateworld()"?
If so, how can I do that? Is it even possible to disable these commands only for certain admins?

Host system: Linux (Debian 9)

Best regards
Felix

AFAIK unfortunately no. As of now there's no "user rights" feature, a user either is or is not an admin (thus having or not full permissions).

I've have thought of it also, and it would be great if there was a solution out there. If someone knows better please do share :)

It's not in-game, and I won't lie, I don't use it, I searched for it to see if I could find something, but there is this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492173795

There may be other mods around, not sure ;)  But the mod community is always another place to look and/or ask for support.  While it may be on a game companies long term plans, often a modder can whip something up that will accomplish exactly what you seek, especially something like this (a permissions system) for command granting.

The c_reset() and c_regenerateworld() that you gave as examples come with the game and can be found in the steamapps/DST/data/scripts/consolecommands.lua

You have 3 options here:

1. Create a customcommands.lua inside your Master/Caves folders and add a blank function for c_reset() like

function c_reset()
end

and see if it works, as in if you issue c_reset() nothing happens. If it works then copy the function that you can find in consolecommands.lua and change it in customcommands.lua to suit your needs.

2. If first fails then you can change the consolecommands.lua directly and copy it over after each time you do an update.

3. Better pick your admins. :)

Archived