Is there going to be an update for "???" ping problem

If your the PC/server that is running the DST server is behind a router then on the router set a port-forward towards that PC/Server IP on the ports you set in Master/server.ini and Caves/server.ini at the server_port variable.

For example in Master/server.ini I have 11002 and in Caves/server.ini i have 10003 so set a port-forward on my router towards the IP of the server that runs the DST server and in-game browser shows it's ping instead of ???, meaning couldn't be defined cos can't reach the server on any of the master/caves ports.

Edit: I run the dedicated DST server from a Linux server. If you host your DST server then start the server and then look at Master/server_log.txt file after a line like and ServerPort: xxx then do the same for Caves/server_log.txt and port-forward those two.

The ping thingy is generally bugged to some extend. For some people opening the ports works, for others it doesn't. Even the official Gorge shard servers had said issue, but since it doesn't affect gameplay itself I usually don't bother with it, and check my ingame ping using the debug overlay which is activated using the backspace key.

Archived