New Forum Home Page!

ImDaMisterL

• Developer
52 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

When I first saw it, I just thought my bookmark bar was broken and it directed me to the wrong page. I was convinced that's the case for the last hour, which is honestly just sad. But at least it looks all nice and pretty.

Haha, I feel your pain. I thought something was going wrong on my end :p

First impressions, needs tweaking.  For a forum page, game forums was shoved to the bottom of every single list....
I initially thought the side icons were buttons relating to the links beside them.
image.thumb.png.10af0da275b589bb8e939a627d630798.png

the fact that steam is the top icon and every list starts with Steam<title> adds to this misinterpretation.

I don't like it being the "Home" page because I am used to the old home page, and having it be a layer below this just feels uncomfortable.  I see the potential though in this having like little bubble numbers next to topics with new info. 

I recommend a ui in our options to set preferences to "follow" games and/or specific forums

I really like the new home page. It would be better if "Steam" was removed in front of the names and maybe for most people if "Game Forums" was on the top of the list. I actually don't care.

Just like @Kabrute I thought the links were connect to the different platform icons.As you can see the outline(wrong word?) on the steam icon is thicker than the others. One possible solution would be to add a new icon and have it on the top, the klei icon. Or just remove the outlines.

I was missing the old home page where I could see the most recent posts of each game, till I found out that it still exists at home>forums.

I like the style of the new home page, it looks great and I hope it'll help newer people to find easier what they're looking for. 

I was also a bit confused with the links and the platform icons tho, I agree that the "game forums" should be the first one in the list. I would also recommend that clicking on the pictures of the games should lead the viewer to that game's forums.

Overall I like the new home page, it looks really good, but it could use some improvements.

Eeensy beensy problem I've been having...lately whenever I click on the Game Forums link for Don't Starve Together, it takes me automatically to the PS4 version forums, rather than a general listing of all of them.  I _can_ get to the Steam/PC version of "General Discussion" from there, but it's kind of odd.

Thank god the main forum page (Home--Forums) still exists.  For a minute there I thought the "Off-Topic" section had been wiped out! (since it's not listed on the new fancy page).  I think I'll just remember that and continue to use it, especially since I don't own a PS4.  : P

...Notorious

• Developer
4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Eeensy beensy problem I've been having...lately whenever I click on the Game Forums link for Don't Starve Together, it takes me automatically to the PS4 version forums, rather than a general listing of all of them.

Huh, that's weird... thanks for the heads up! I'll let someone know.

52 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

The black popups when hovering over stuff on the homepage glide to the left in an incorrect fashion.

Yeap, I noticed that too, really weird.

Archived