Sign in to follow this  
V2C

[Game Update] - 277964

Zeklo    18239

Alright, the way they handled the exclusive tournament skins wasn't such a cataclysmic event as I had expected. Fair enough.

• Like 2

ZolaRay    288
8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's still enough to kill every skin collector's hopes and dreams to to it being impossible to have all these skins. Even if they were just variants of existing ones.

Thanks klei, very cool!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

fimmatek    4115
1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's still enough to kill every skin collector's hopes and dreams due to it being impossible to have all these skins. Even if they were just variants of existing ones.

Luckyly these skins don't appear in the curio cabinet if you don't own them, so practically they are not "missing" from the collection.

• Like 1

Lumina    2149

It's sure a sad thing for collectors, but it's also a great way to reward people invested in the game. So, not perfect, but this open nice options too. Also, collection at the moment is for people with money (plush aren't free). So it's not like it's something every collector can do anyway...

• Like 3

axxel    1149
3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Oh shut up people with your "collectors will be mad cuz they didn't get the special item prizes" would you? 

Fire pit skin for playing durring dst beta is also unavailable right now  (I think) and I didn't see anyone mention it when gorge tournament was announced.

People who did the best deserve to get something special, not a "win it or buy it" kind of prize 

Hey I had thought tournament participators who couldn't get into the top 100 won't receive something. I was wrong and I am quite happy for the plain icon of Gnaw. My collectors genes are particulary strong so I am a little bit annoyed that I couldn't get everything weaveable in the YotV and Winter's Feast events.

• Like 1

BadScra    337

Stupid collectors trying win the prize for collections!? prizes are not collections, prizes are THOPHY!

loyal and timeless are unlock, gift by klei or prize, not collection. Still you cannot get clucky winter hat, knitted puppy hat, cherubs's heart, bottomless pit and timeless tragic torch, too. loyal (and timeless) never show on in-game inventory 'curio cabinet' room during you don't have loyal.

excuse me, i am not collector.

• Sad 1

AnitaCoffee    572

Those prizes aren't even that huge, I actually feel like the tournament winners should have gotten something a bit more. xD I know skin collectors wouldn't be happy, but that tournament placement for first was hard. You can't make everyone happy though, and perhaps this is Klei's way of trying to balance it since everyone does have a cornucopia variant. I appreciate the participation prize in any case.

fimmatek    4115
13 minutes ago, AnitaCoffee said:

Those prizes aren't even that huge, I actually feel like the tournament winners should have gotten something a bit more. xD

They got literally every single item and skin from the Gorge. What more should they have gotten? :D

But if you mean the rewards that only the winners can get (the modified icon and profile pic), then ... idk. It would be nice to give something better, but making cool items that exclusive wouldn't be very cool.

AnitaCoffee    572
Just now, fimmatek said:

They got literally every single item and skin from the Gorge. What more should they have gotten? :D

But if you mean the rewards that only the winners can get (the modified icon and profile pic), then ... idk. It would be nice to give something better, but making cool items that exclusive wouldn't be very cool.

Yep I meant things only for the winners. You could get the whole package deal easily if you shelled out the cash, which I did and a lot of others because I do like skins too, and supporting games that I love. So it just feels a little lackluster, but again, Klei isn't (shouldn't?) be really stepping on any skin collectors toes with this one. So it's a decent balance.

• Like 1

Lumina    2149

Also, it's the first event. I think it's ok to be careful for the first event with the reward, so they can see how all the thing goes, how the tournament itself is received, how much time people are spending, if it creates any issues, and so on. It's a lot easier to manage problems if the expectations aren't too bigs and people aren't too invested. With big rewards, it could make things more hard to manage.

• Like 1

I.E.L    516

I participated in the tournament and I didn't get anything and do you see me complaining?

I mean I would be complaining but the Klaus profile icon is best for me