Ultimate Gorge Tournament Strategy (All possible cravings; Non character specific; 20-23 meals)

Leinstay

"Worst Case" strategy:

gr.png

Important notes:

• If you see bread on 2nd turn, restart. While you are waiting for the beginning of a new round, scream at your comrades, this will prepare you morally for the next game, in which there will be bread again. So, pray to Vegan God.
  • There are 4 bowls and 4 plates in 3 safes in total. If you are playing without Wes, you will be forced to buy additional ones for 2 Sapphire Coins. In table above, you could see how many Silver you will have if God of Luck hates you. In worst case even with this list you have tiny chance to not have Plate on "Round 19". "Bowl(-3+)", means that it is seventh Bowl you need, and "+" means that you should have enough of Sapphire Coins to buy one. If "Silver" cell is empty you shouldn't serve that meal.
  • Remember that this is guaranteed (hi 2nd bread :3), but not optimal route. There are known trick; if Gnaw wants fish at 10 you will see Meat at 11, and such situation could repeat in all rounds, 14-15, 18-19 etc. The game has a lot of meat recipes and as a rule they are the most valuable in terms of points. So, pray to Meat God too. In situations where 10-14-18 is not fish, you will have pasta, there are small variety of pasta, so you will not have to many points at the end, use this round to refill Sapphire Coins.
  • On start of run, use spoiled potatoes to grow 2 wheats, for 1 flour, get flour when you will run for salt rack. Thanks to this you will make "Jelly Roll" and not "Fist Full of Jam" and will have 2 additional coins. Sounds funny but this is critical if you play solo/duo and have no Wes in situation when you receive Buckets in first safe. 
  • Starting from round 14, you will have situation when you should cook what is left, so remember what you cooked before.
  • Count all garlics, tomatoes, flours, spices that you will need in the game and split them in 2-3 runs, there is no point in running 10 times just to buy 1 pack of seeds. Remember seeds will not rot if you will live them packed.
  • Maxwell is best character for speed runs, ex.: live the book surrounded by trees and run for first 3 potatoes for "Round 2", run back and you will see 10-15 logs. Leave book in new place, later plant wheat and run for salt, pick new 10-15 logs and buy manure, use it on wheat and run for safe with wheat. 
  • Crab Ravioli is best recipe in game in terms of score, so always cook it at "Round 7".
  • You should always try to cook 3-4, 7-8, 10-11-12, 14-15-16, 19-20 together to save time. Therefore, prepare the ingredients in advance.
  • Last desert requires syrup, you should cook it in additional Cookpot at "Round 17" to save time.
  • Best score-wise route in game requires not only "no 2nd bread" and "fish/meat combo", but situation when you not cooked cream or onion soup. If yes, cook it after "Round 17", cook any "Valor" fish and meat left in your recipe book and salt them. Wait until "Round 21", if it is Soup/Snack (Cheese if Cream) give your Soup, if "Round 22" fish, give fish, meat and leave. Because of such logic Tournament table consist of teams with 20/21/23 meals.
  • Everything said above is best for your "food score", but in order to win you need to look at your time, speed is the key.

Credits and afterword:

This guide will not help anyone because event is over, but we still share it if someone whants to know how guys from ladder gain so many points. It is not about cheating and being and asian guy, it is just math and luck (eg. time for restarts). 

gorge.docx

11 minutes ago, jantonio said:

number 5 is not the best, best me and my homies found was curry for soup, mush burger for veg and screw snack its garbage and just reset.

Reset on 2 and 5? You have balls... and my respect :D

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

number 5 is not the best, best me and my homies found was curry for soup, mush burger for veg and screw snack its garbage and just reset.

R5 Veggie->Ratatouile would be the most ideal choice. Use a bowl (which you would never lack), gives a sapphire medalion for silver plate. But if requires you to make Carrot Cake on R4 for more coins, and we were just too lazy to change our original game flow and give up the idea of using Ratatouile.

R5 Soup->Meat Stew because Curry uses 2 spice and you need wait 20 more seconds to start the cooking.

Old coins doesn't really matter after R5, so Mush Burger/Curry's 2-3 more coins doesn't help too much.

1 hour ago, Leinstay said:

Reset on 2 and 5? You have balls... and my respect :D

I believe starting with R6, you should make meals that gives GF (or at least 2RM), or you'll get 200-300 points lesser than a run with the same time and same satisified meal counts.

With R5 Snack/R6 Fish, you have higher risk of getting 2 more Fish round in later game. 1 More Fish = OK, 2 More Fish = 200 points lose, 3 More Fish = 400 points lose. It's better to restart with R5 snack, we usually got at least 400-500 points lesser (more time and lesser meal value) than our average R5 Veggie/Soup runs.

17 hours ago, maxiaogua said:

Our team and my friend xoxo's team also did this. I guess many top teams had discovered this "top secret" :D

Oh hey there. I think I played with you before. It was a run with xoxo I think? Congrats on your position in Tournament!!!

xoxo, rivootril and I got wrecked by rng in the tournament hahahaha.

In the two hours leading up to the end of the tournament, we only managed Round 2 Veggie + Round 5 Soup in the same game like twice / thrice. We got Round 2 Bread so many times.........

In the Round 2 Veg + Round 5 Soup matches, we got screwed over by having too many Soup cravings, too many Fish cravings, accidentally burning a critical dish due to tiredness because it was almost 2am at the time... We made one critical mistake in our 6588 point match: We didn't plate our Meat Wellington because we ran out of plates :CCCCCCCCC All in all, it was a fun event.

Archived