Expressive Upgrade Testing Branch is now Open! - 277292

A couple of interesting changes

• Refineries will now fetch all ingredients for multi-ingredient recipes
  • Fuel coal added to Kiln recipes
  • Fish Delivery Point now only accepts fish
  • Suits now show up in the resources panel
  • Objects can now be inspected for Database entries
  • Eggs will no longer incubate on a Conveyor Rail after passing through a bridge
  • Increased Plastic melting point to 160C
  • Many tooltips updated for accuracy and clarity

Also :   Fix crash when angry Duplicants try and punch outer space   awwww

@Ipsquiggle Thank you for further information,but the "Updates and Improvments"-section seems a bit strange:

1. Ore that gets buried in a tile of the same element is now added to that tile

=> Wasn´t the last change to store the element seperate ? (Or is this the 2. time this change was applied ?)

2. Wallpaper and Temp Shift Plates no longer create void when you deconstruct them

=> Wasn´t that fixed some hotfixes ago ?

PS: I really don´t like the increased Plastic melting point (160C)

(Sure, it makes plastic a better building material and not many people heat everything except their base like me ...)

I would recommend a melting point <120C (Plastic ladders inside my steam chamber seem odd^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

PS: I really don´t like the increased Plastic melting point (160C)

(Sure, it makes plastic a better building material and not many people heat everything except their base like me ...)

I would recommend a melting point <120C (Plastic ladders inside my steam chamber seem odd^^)

According to a quick google, four of the six commonly recycled plastics have a melting point above 100C. One has a melting point of 260C. So, not that unbelievable.

I like this change. Maybe I'll actually start producing plastic now.. never bothered with it before because of the low melting point hassle.

e.

PVC (poly vinyl choloride,don't melt this one,its toxic) melts at about 160 degrees C.

HDPE (High Density Poly Ethelene) 120–180 C

MDPE (Medium Density Poly Ethelene) 120–180 C

LDPE (Low Density Poly Ethelene) 105–115 C

PET(E)  (polyethylene terephalate,dont melt toxic) 250–250 C

PP (poly Propelene VARYIES)  130?,160?,170? C

PS (poly Styrene,dont melt,toxic) 240 C

PLA (Poly Lactic Acid, biodegradable plant plastic) 173–178 C

Edited by Ambaire
  • Like 2

Another fix that is not in change list: "Storage compactors don't work if they are not above a floor"

This distribution is no longer possible:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e8d0dcfe6df8ee5c6dd15eeeba132b22.png

As you can see, I have a sweeping action, but my dupes don't come for do it, but if I activate the compactors below, they come to do it

Edited by neoazureus
  • Like 5

So, first, I love the extra personality the dupes are displaying. That's a fun touch. Kudos for that.

I think I'll learn to adjust to the reduced work schedule. Things will just take a few more cycles to complete. What is bugging me about break time right now is dupes who cut themselves off from the main colony through digging or building tile, and then stop working when they could continue to dig or build themselves a path back. Then they make a mess, miss a meal, and sleep on the ground, starving, in their own filth (but who hasn't been there, right... right?) It would be nice if they went into a "red alert"-type panic and made themselves the quickest way out (obeying existing dig/build orders, of course).

• Like 18

At the moment, dialog and statements seem pretty random. The only thing that made sense so far was a complaint about the game-console not having power.

Most bizarre thing I had was some dupe dreaming about mush bars and finding them really great...

Also, dupes not going to the loo to the point that they rather pee on the floor is probably not so smart an idea.

I would also recommend making the expression bubbles appear longer or making display time configurable. At the moment they are really hard to catch.

Still, nice idea, I like it, also the "quality of life" approach that comes with it.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2

The default work/break schedule for Dupes is completely wrong. The way it is now they just slowly starve themselves to death. As it is now they don't do any work because they are starving, so they won't make food, and then when a break happens they can't eat because of no food, sleep and then repeat until they all die.

Break time should be on the opposite side of sleep resembling a lunch break, not just before sleep.

Edited by vonVile
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, vonVile said:

The default work/break schedule for Dupes is completely wrong. The way it is now they just slowing starve themselves to death. As it is now they don't do any work because they are starving, so they won't make food, and then when break happens they can't eat because of no food, sleep and then repeat.

Break time should be on the opposite side of sleep resembling a lunch break, not just before sleep.

I posted a bug report about this and they just updated it to "fixed"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thebebinator said:

I posted a bug report about this and they just updated it to "fixed"

Good for the starvation fix, but they still need to fix the schedule until players are allowed to change it.

• Like 2

to much of a loss in production to be happy. we already loose half our resources if we use our dupes to do it now we loose a 1/3 of their time to loose that in.

i do like the interactions and conversations makes me want to do local upgrades based on it really.

2 hours ago, Ambaire said:

According to a quick google, four of the six commonly recycled plastics have a melting point above 100C. One has a melting point of 260C. So, not that unbelievable.

I like this change. Maybe I'll actually start producing plastic now.. never bothered with it before because of the low melting point hassle.

I know the normal melting points of plastic and I know it´s seems more like a real life value right now.

But plastic can mean anything: So you can create a kind of plastic with a melting point of your choosing.

=> The melting point should selected depending on the desired "in-game purpose"

(At first plastic should be a conductor, now it´s purpose changed and may be changed even further.)

In my humble opinion the low melting point was a nice challenge ;)

OK after some testing the most annoying thing right now was how much debris got into my gravitas lounge ...

(Every couple cycle something inside my gravitas lounge will get entombed or just some hot debris will be spawned inside after a meteor hit the building. Seems strange that meteors can penetrate solid walls and start heating up everything inside)

• Like 1

So. Many. Toilets.

Also, the fact that dupes won't go eat or use the bathroom even in cases of extreme emergency if it's not the proper "time" is rather annoying.

Generally, though, there's some very spiffy things in this update.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tzunki said:
  • Schedule management not yet available

I hope the feature does not come in the next update

Please note: The socialization and recreation systems are still being roughed in, so you'll find more loose ends and missing details than usual at the moment. We still have to add things like tooltips and icons, UI for the schedule, attributes and effects actually modifying each other, and so forth.

I'm sure they will add it within the next two weeks ;)

38 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

I'm sure they will add it within the next two weeks ;)

No doubt.  The only question is just how flexible and extensive the schedule feature will be.  With any luck, we'll be able to schedule work shifts, bathroom breaks, meal time, shower time, and sleeping schedules for each individual dupe.

• Like 3