Auspice's Art

20 hours ago, Auspice said:

Trying to figure out how to draw everyone in my style.

Nice! I could easily tell who everyone was. If there's anything I've learned, however, it's that this is an ongoing process. Don't feel afraid to change up the way you draw a certain character in the future, if you feel the need.

20 hours ago, Auspice said:

what the Fuelweaver might have looked like

This one is cool as well. The design makes sense.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I think your style for them is pretty neat! You seem to be spot-on with Wes right there. 

Thankee

I wanted to figure out a way to draw them that I would enjoy, no matter who it was

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Nice! I could easily tell who everyone was. If there's anything I've learned, however, it's that this is an ongoing process. Don't feel afraid to change up the way you draw a certain character in the future, if you feel the need.

This one is cool as well. The design makes sense.

Oooh, I'm glad! I was hoping I wouldn't stray too far heh

That is good advice - to be fair, it is definitely more interesting to change things up every now and then. 

And thank you!

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 10:05 AM, gallusvarius said:

The colors are so good on this one,  they look amazing!
The fire and atmosphere is really intense and forge-y.

Thank you! I've been drawing so much forge stuff I'm really getting a lot of chances to mess with fiery backgrounds aha

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 6:40 PM, ResettePlayer said:

You're really embracing the firey aesthetic, aren't you? You do it well, all these character drawings are so atmospheric!

Heh, thank you! The irony is that I consider myself as one of the ice element. I chose Auspice as my username partially because it's a pun on ice. 

21 hours ago, minespatch said:

I did my own Moana parody as well(but it'll take months before I can post it here:wilson_ecstatic:). Still, Wilson's going on with the theatrical with your drawing.

Nice foreshortening on the Whyatte piece! Wouldn't look out of place in a Soul Caliber cutscene.

Alas. Heh, indeed.

Thank you! I'm not familiar with that, but I was trying out a more interesting pose.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Auspice said:

WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT “YOU’RE WELCOME!”

tumblr_piecwgSwuY1tw4r43_1280.jpg

The words fit his expression excellently. 

I saw that post on forge-mains actually. I main Wigfrid and it kind of explains me, only... I actually spend my days healing lately. I started out tanking as Wigfrid, then moved into running with Woodie as I found it was more useful and I could enforce more of my own skill towards the wellbeing of the match that way, and then finally Wilson-healer. Last forge, me and my team farmed wins. If you condense reviver and healer both into wilson, you can squeeze in an extra DPS. 
I did beat the Swineclops healing as Wilson, with my team, but until we're used to him I'm mostly healing as wick. I usually heal as wick for random people too, as they despise wilson-healers, whether it gives them an extra dps or not.
I don't mind too much either way, especially if Maxwell is there to handle my books while I go as wick-healer.
Once we're used to it, I may return to wilson-healing for Swineclops.  That way we can have a dps wicker to destroy the pigs that the boarrior spawns and wield staff, we can have Woodie and another tank, but both Webber and Wigfrid too.  In the end it's all about sacrificing your healing ability for more damage... Like how speed-runners attack boarrior in heals and such. 
If you wanna talk about real talent with the staff, winona and wicker definitely have Wilson defeated, as he has no natural abilities towards the healing staff itself. 
If a team can get good enough to no longer need wilson though, then you can squeeze in the extra DPS -AND- have a good healer. Swine hasn't been kind to our tanks lately, though, the bosses seldom have. 

But this does look like a portrait of the common DPS wilson, if you ask me. XD  Sorry for rambling on about game-stuff there, hope you don't mind. 

And then there was a post about Forgifying yourself... 

Healer, eh? Excellent colors, love the contrast of the blossom staff with the fire. 
What kind of ability would you have in the forge, if this character were to enter it? It has me curious. If winona has innate cooldown, maybe they have innate healing ability.
Or maybe they can do this 'quick teleport' at the end of some cool-down or something, I dunno. They look kinda spirit-y or ghost-y. Serene, at least. 

And then here's a gift for @AretMaw! I'm rather late in putting it here, though.

Amazing work with Whyatte!(Sp?) The pose and perspective on this is amazing, it's definitely my favorite of these.
Looks so cool it kinda makes me wish they had something like this in the Forge.
I'm sure AretMaw will be impressed.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:13 AM, gallusvarius said:

The words fit his expression excellently. 

Hehe thank you!

Yeah, I usually go DPS Wilson. The only time I healed as him was when the Wickerbottom disconnected for quite a few minutes and I had to step in. I kind of Fear playing as others because he's what I'm used to and I often play with friends who have more time to play than me - in other words, they're a significantly higher level. I can only keep up with them in my comfortable role! 

I don't mind you rambling, it was quite interesting to read. 

Forgifying

Heh, indeed. Thank you! I haven't actually thought about it! But being able to teleport and/or switch places with any monster/ally/item would be very cool. And quite useful. 

Hehehe I like that

Whyatt

:0 Thank you! This was really fun to do, I wanted to try some more interesting poses. 

• Like 1