Auspice's Art

On 10/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, Auspice said:

Oooh, interesting! I don't know much about the other games, since I only watched the walkthrough for the Wii game.

I played the DS game, so it plays like a episode of NCIS, fighting bioterrorism with medical tools. It gets pretty addictive.:wilson_smile:

On 10/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Auspice said:

tumblr_pg53i0gBQz1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg“Some say humanity itself is the worst plague upon our world.” Wren as a plague doctor for spooky season!

I'm not even sure what the new skin set is yet but I like the intepretation for your Wren character. Interesting use of purple. It adds a atmosphere along with the black specks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. I find the soft inks a nice touch. Did you add some water to give it the effect?
  2. Is this Maxwell dragon?

1. Yep! I diluted my black ink for the grays and used a black pen for the actual black.

2. It is indeed

5 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Aww, man, these are so good. The drooling one especially makes me want to get back into drawing dragons. These are just so appealing to look at!

Thanks, Resette! I'd certainly be interested to see how you draw dragons. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 1:13 AM, ResettePlayer said:

The drooling one especially makes me want to get back into drawing dragons.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:21 AM, Auspice said:

Thanks, Resette! I'd certainly be interested to see how you draw dragons. 

Resette and Auspice. Along with @WhimsiKitty, you guys will be unstoppable with your dragon characters >u<

• Thanks 1

*wheeeeze* I finally caught up!!

You've got some really great stuff here, Auspice!! I totally dig your dragon designs (as I may have said before) - They're all so creative, and kept in character nicely!! I love your ideas :> Especially your explanations for the transformations and how long it takes, and :0, the animation of Wilson turning is AWESOME. As is your other animation!

And Wren is lovely :> I hope to see more of them!

also...... while I was archive diving...

On 7/15/2018 at 11:13 PM, DragonMage156 said:

4. Oh I didn't look at your gallery in full till now but it's hard not to love something mythical ^_^

If you wanna read the story, it's here however it's currently on hiatus due to the author having writers block ^^;

She's also drawn art for her story. Her DA link is here: https://www.deviantart.com/whimsikitty :p

Ooh I love crossover skins! 0u0

:00000 Are u guys...?

On 7/16/2018 at 12:25 PM, Auspice said:

4. Thanks! I must agree.
I HAVE READ IT after I thought I replied to you the first time. I've taken an look at the art, as well.
It's good. I want more.

... oh well. 

....talkin' about???? me???? 

*fangirl screaming/choking/dying/etc. sounds of disbelief and delight* ;v; omigoodness <3 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:11 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Well I don't think she's done with dragon-Wilson yet so you're still in luck >u<

This is true! (Whimsi replies casually to your message from months ago, which was not even directed at her,) But luck, lolol, idk if I would call this /luck/, asfghkll you are too kind

On 10/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Auspice said:

Some stuff from Inktober so far

tumblr_pg1lafKkkv1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpgtumblr_pg33s2gVlw1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpgtumblr_pg8wg2BBFK1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

These were Roasted, Spell, and Drooling.

:0 These are incredible, woah. See, Dragon Survivors /are/ cool, (or yours are lolol)! The texture and backgrounds are overall very pretty... I'm particularly drawn to this last one, his deep-set bright eyes are very striking, and the tears/ink/blood/uh/liquid flow seems both natural and... creepily not... it's perfect :>

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Resette and Auspice. Along with @WhimsiKitty, you guys will be unstoppable with your dragon characters >u<

*spews and splutters more* y'all >u<

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

This is true! (Whimsi replies casually to your message from months ago, which was not even directed at her,) But luck, lolol, idk if I would call this /luck/, asfghkll you are too kind

To be fair, I wasn't thinking about the possibility of you joining the forums at the time. Also how else were they gonna find you without a link? >u<

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

To be fair, I wasn't thinking about the possibility of you joining the forums at the time. Also how else were they gonna find you without a link? >u<

I know X3 I was just so excited (and totally not expecting) you'd recommend my stuff to someone, like ;v; asdfhjl what an honor, I am unworthy

Also I'm taking up space on Said Someone's art blog with irrelevant glee so *clears throat* Apologies, do carry on :>

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

I know X3 I was just so excited (and totally not expecting) you'd recommend my stuff to someone, like ;v; asdfhjl what an honor, I am unworthy

Shhhhhhh.... you are worthy. Everyone is valid.

12 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

Also I'm taking up space on Said Someone's art blog with irrelevant glee so *clears throat* Apologies, do carry on :>

Yes let's stop cluttering this thread ^^;

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 3:58 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Ufufufu. Heh heh heh heh. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

On 10/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, WhimsiKitty said:

*wheeeeze* I finally caught up!!

:'D

Wow, thanks for taking the time to go through my thread! 

:00000 Are u guys...?

....talkin' about???? me???? 

*fangirl screaming/choking/dying/etc. sounds of disbelief and delight* ;v; omigoodness <3 

WAIT

IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

I THOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF LOOKED FAMILIAR

*slaps forehead* I'm so forgetful sometimes.

But I am very glad you've joined the forums to share your work! >:D

:0 These are incredible, woah. See, Dragon Survivors /are/ cool, (or yours are lolol)!

//// Thank you so much! Dragons are great, and the survivors are interesting, so of course Dragon Survivors are cool! Heh.

(shhh yours is too)

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2018 at 12:32 PM, Auspice said:

WAIT

IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

I THOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF LOOKED FAMILIAR

*slaps forehead* I'm so forgetful sometimes.

But I am very glad you've joined the forums to share your work! >:D

//// Thank you so much! Dragons are great, and the survivors are interesting, so of course Dragon Survivors are cool! Heh.

(shhh yours is too)

T'WAS I, INDEED!

Aww X3 Thanks!

Hey, I was meaning to ask - would you permit me to draw your dragon survivor designs, if I credit you?? :>

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:37 PM, Auspice said:

tumblr_pg8wg2BBFK1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

These were Roasted, Spell, and Drooling.

Edited October 9 by Auspice

This one is also very aesthetically appealing.I never got to say for the last two but, I really loved your dragon-rendering of the cast! They all seemed so very fitting and in-character. 

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

This one is also very aesthetically appealing.I never got to say for the last two but, I really loved your dragon-rendering of the cast! They all seemed so very fitting and in-character. 

Hehe thank you! This is definitely my favorite of Inktober. Considering I was inconsistent all the way through...

And I'm glad! I really tried to capture their essence.

• Like 1

The rest of the DST-related Inktobers!

Day 18: Bottle. Such fun times.

tumblr_phbetqTdUW1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Day 19: Scorched. Oof some of the proportions are off but oh well

tumblr_phbey6GFJG1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
“Ow!”
“Sorry, sorry! I still can’t control it that well.”

Being partially transformed into a dragon doesn’t make you immune to burns. Only if you’re a fire dragon!

It's Wilson in Stage 3 and Willow in Stage 2 of transformation in the DST Dragons AU
For the record, I consider them to have very powerful platonic love for each other, but I'm not about that romo
(writing it, that is. I read it sometimes.)

-

Day 20: Breakable and Day 22: Expensive.

tumblr_phbf1yr65b1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpgtumblr_phbf8nEJDg1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

There’s only so much one person can take.

Before they shatter completely.

This is kinda relavant to my planned fic, Requiem.

But just sort of? I'll say they were inspired by my fic, at least.

-

tumblr_phbfb3Cdmi1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Day 23: Muddy.

“I suppose I shall now perish.”

It's Wendy stuck in the Marsh.

-

Day 24: Chop.

Wren’s never seen a treeguard before.

tumblr_phbfdg7a2h1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

-

Day 26: Stretch.

Wes gets it eventually.
(Also, I don’t think he’s THIS small, but oh well)

tumblr_phbnfrHONN1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

-

27: Thunder.

tumblr_phccbpGU4O1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

“LIGHTNING HERALDS MY ARRIVAL”

I got lazy with the coloring oops

-

On the last two days, I was chafing at being unable to digitally color it

So the last two are mixed media heh

tumblr_phf1fg0chC1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Day 30: Jolt.

WX in stage 3 of dragonification! In suffering.

-

Day 31: Slice.

tumblr_phgseyaW3o1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

“Bleed for me, will you?" 

An insane Wren is a very bloodthirsty one. 

(one of my favorite Inktobers since I got to channel my inner insanity
But I only sort of count it since it's mixed media)

-

Bonus:

Spoiler

tumblr_phbfh9eOZf1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Day 25: Prickly.

My roommate drew a hedgehog for this prompt and then I said “what if I drew… sanic” and uh…

I wonder about myself sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Auspice said:

Day 23: Muddy.

The way the tentacles were wiggling about -  At first I saw it as a pretty serious piece, with Wendy probably wounded and just accepting demise or something, but the longer I looked, the longer my brain tried to turn it into 'The tentacles are showing off some epic dance moves to her and Wendy is suffering as their audience' 
I'm sure no one else is looking at it this way, It's atmosphere is pretty clear to me. But it's dramatic for that sake, and dramatic pieces are interesting! 

20 hours ago, Auspice said:

Day 20: Breakable and Day 22: Expensive.

These are extremely intense. I like the ideas you're mentioning and illustrating here, I feel like they're excellent concepts concerning Nightmare fuel and probably pretty valid even when held to the in-game lore. - That over-use causes harm... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Auspice said:
  1. tumblr_phbf1yr65b1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
  2. tumblr_phbnfrHONN1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
  3. tumblr_phccbpGU4O1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
  4. tumblr_phf1fg0chC1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
  5. tumblr_phgseyaW3o1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg(one of my favorite Inktobers since I got to channel my inner insanity
  1. Love the simplicity in this drawing. It's eerie but has a vague feeling of sadness.
  2. This is pretty cute. Wes looks like a kitty ready to climb a tree.
  3. So shiny!You really worked the lighting to fit the theme of your piece.
  4. More shinyness! The colors are top-notch. His wings also act as a makeshift umbrella.
  5. I can see why you're having fun. The dominant blacks and powerful whites gives it a frantic and maniacal compliment to the subject's personality. The red adding a nice bridge between white and black.
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 8:33 AM, ResettePlayer said:

omg that sanic

the speed captured with your pens

so fast

y e e t

On 11/4/2018 at 8:33 AM, ResettePlayer said:

On another note, this is a great artdump! You manage to communicate an idea fairly well without making it super rendered or detailed. Nothing's really lost in translation here.

Aww, thank you Resette

I often feel like my Inktobers are incomplete if it's just lineart. But time is a rare commodity these days. You just................................ gotta go fast

On 11/4/2018 at 4:44 PM, gallusvarius said:

'The tentacles are showing off some epic dance moves to her and Wendy is suffering as their audience' 

CANON ACCEPTED >:D

On 11/4/2018 at 4:44 PM, gallusvarius said:

These are extremely intense. I like the ideas you're mentioning and illustrating here, I feel like they're excellent concepts concerning Nightmare fuel and probably pretty valid even when held to the in-game lore. - That over-use causes harm... 

Heh heh heh. Thank you! There is simply... a great appeal to the harmful use of darkness.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, minespatch said:
  1. Love the simplicity in this drawing. It's eerie but has a vague feeling of sadness.
  2. This is pretty cute. Wes looks like a kitty ready to climb a tree.
  3. So shiny!You really worked the lighting to fit the theme of your piece.
  4. More shinyness! The colors are top-notch. His wings also act as a makeshift umbrella.
  5. I can see why you're having fun. The dominant blacks and powerful whites gives it a frantic and maniacal compliment to the subject's personality. The red adding a nice bridge between white and black.

1. You might say that is what I was going for heh
2. Yes. He is.
3. Oooh. I was really unsatisfied with this one at first. Also, my gold sharpie was drying out.
4. And yet he still cannot escape
5. Hehehe. Indeed.

Thanks, Minespatch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tumblr_phzz8dzUqO1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Trying to figure out how to draw everyone in my style.

tumblr_phzzckjhb81uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Me trying to figure out how fast I can paint without losing coherency ft. Wilson, Triumphant Wilson, Tenetherian Wilson, Willow, and concepts of what the Fuelweaver might have looked like before he became a skeleton

(I realized later I didn't give him ears)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Everyone looks a tad sad but then again, they're trapped in a cruel world, so makes sense.

Yes. Maximum angst.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Is the Fuelweaver wearing a loincloth? Kind of a cute design, just curious.

Something like that, I guess! I wasn't really sure what to put.

Thank you heh

• Like 1