Auspice's Art

I did say I wanted to post some of the details of the dragons AU. So here it is! I didn't want to just post a wall of text, so it comes with an animation-sketch of Wilson's transformation!

Spoiler

wilson_transformation_by_frygia-dcm9yux.

When brought to the Constant, the the survivors were still human, though Maxwell and Charlie have already become dragons. All of them have a higher affinity for magic than the average human, which gave them their abilities and lets them resurrect in this realm. In this AU, their own magic adapts them to the world in the form of dragons. 
Over years and years, they found themselves changing. It was small things at first, hardly noticeable. Superhuman strength/stamina for some, their abilities made stronger for most. Wilson, having a particularly high affinity for magic, was the first to change in physical form. His hands became blackened claws, as did his feet. One day, as he neared another death, wings and a tail formed from his body. One day, he is again greatly injured, and he transformed entirely into his new form. At first, his human mind was overpowered by his new draconic instincts, making his behavior largely animalistic. When he encountered the others, he fled. Most of the others, by now, have partially transformed. They try to stop their transformations, but they all eventually transform and leave camp. 
Years pass. Wilson, having mastered his new psyche, has been searching for the others. Some minds are more intact than others, but they all eventually find themselves, with or without Wilson's help. They all find a mountainside to make that their new home. 

Stages of Transformation:
0. Entirely human, with their special abilities.
1. Abilities and capabilities strengthened. This continues as the transformation progresses.
2. Small changes to the body, usually hands, ears, teeth. 
3. Wings and tail, significant changes in skeletal structure. Development of horns for some.
4. Full transformation, with the full set of instincts often overwhelming the mind. 
5. Instincts mastered and mind recovered.

The process accelerates in stressful situations. Death and subsequent resurrection can also significantly progress the transformation, and change the degree of transformation. The onset of stage 3 and 4 are sudden and can be painful, and are usually activated with death or fatal injury, since a broken body is more easily reconstructed. Stage 2 can progress gradually throughout life or suddenly after a death. 

Just for funsies (I really like numbers and charts), an estimation of how many days they spent in each stage. Years/seasons go by the game.

Spoiler

dst_dragon_days_by_frygia-dcmapxf.png

I'm sort of thinking... How quickly the transformation begins has to do with the magic potential, how quickly it progresses has a bit to do with magic proficiency, how long they spend in stage 4 has to do with how much hold they have over their own minds.

Maxwell probably took so long since he was alone and already under the influence of the shadows. 

The dragon thing is independent of Their power, by the way.

Also, here are the numbers.

dstdd_table_by_frygia-dcmapxm.png

• Like 5

I love all this! And it's very interesting ^_^

I spent a while trying to name everyone in the size chart >u< interesting how vastly different both of Wolfgang's forms are in size Maxwell is huge! 0_0 I would be scared to encounter him.

If I was a dragon, I'd probably be the same side as Wes, maybe smaller (if his human height is taller than 5' ft. I'm not exactly sure how you estimate the size of each dragon though).

Curious, if someone was born with dragon powers or given to them at a young age (I'd say activated as a teen. The extent of this is like stage 2 to 3 before the constant years later), would they reach stage 5 sooner?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I love all this! And it's very interesting ^_^

Thank you! I'm happy anytime someone reads my blurbs.

size chart

There's gotta be that Contrast™ between mighty and wimpy Wolfgang. 

Maxwell needed that intimidation factor heh

He definitely used the power of shadows to make him larger.

If I was a dragon

Oooh! Aha. I left out the height numbers specifically because I was lazy. But I'll say that the human sketch is maybe around 5'5"? Human Wes is probably on the taller side in my imagination.

As for already having dragon powers... Hmmmmm. I guess having already reached stage 3 would at least make the transition to stage 4 faster. If you're already used to all the instincts of a full dragon, you'd definitely clear your mind faster. But if you only have the power and not the instincts, your time spent in stage 4 is still dependent on the stability of your mind, self control, desire to be in control, etc. 

Like for instance (Ria has different dragon-sona's but we'll leave them out since they're more AU), Ria has dragon fire powers, wings, tail and ears since her early teens years (I'm thinking puberty) but she's learnt how to control them by the time she gets to the Constant.

She has a magical necklace the suppresses her powers but chances are she'll transform anyway thanks to Them. She's not very strong minded or strong willed but I know she wouldn't like not having control. Maybe it takes a similar time to the others after all.

Before regaining control, will certain things seem familiar to the survivors? (Like location or certain people?)

22 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ria

Hmmm. Let's see... For stage 4, Wilson is a medium number, 400. I consider him having a rather fluctuating mental stability, poor self-control, and a great desire to be his own master. Willow takes ages (1000), since she's having the time of her life torching everything and not really worrying about it. 

Ah, that got long. Maybe she'd take 300-500 days? Variation based on whether her personal magic is also difficult to handle, if her necklace can ease the transformation. 

22 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Before regaining control, will certain things seem familiar to the survivors? (Like location or certain people?)

Definitely! ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN

They still possess their memories, but it's a sort of haze of recollection, with clarity coming in broken fragments. Maybe it feels like dreaming? Like you're not control of your actions, but you also don't feel out of control. Like everything makes sense, when nothing does. 

To have a particular example, when Wilson met another survivor, he almost killed them before he recognized them and flew away. He remembers where camp is, and avoids it as best he can from that point. He can also recognize what and what not to eat. 

Some extra info:

Since the transformation was the survivors' internal magic reacting to stop them from dying, their minds are primarily driven by powerful impulses to ensure survival. In the case of many, this manifests as reflexive aggression towards anything alive, to acquire food and defend themselves from unexpected foes. Some of the weaker ones may flee at the sight of others like deer (Wes probably), or do their best to stay out of sight. 

The transition to stage 5 is rather gradual, with moments of lucidity becoming longer and instincts taking over less forcefully. I consider it "stage 5" when they can maintain lucidity in all but the most stressful of situations. 

• Like 2

Weeeelp, sorry for the wall of text but I finally got to your thread:57a54933963ed_arielsweats.png.7e7d7f360bc047ce1e14cd4d6acd52e6.png

On 7/13/2018 at 12:21 PM, Auspice said:

I've discovered that the Goatshead Cane sparklesI love it.4150c9ef_1fdf_4cc6_a60b_ac797c36109a_by_

On 7/29/2018 at 12:43 AM, Auspice said:

So I was playing with a good friend of mine (who mains Wendy and is Very Good and Experienced at playing DS/T, unlike me)

23731dee_6c70_4336_99f2_10a0ee7f8c12_by_(ok it's very sketchy because I just wanted to get the idea out and I might edit this later with a cleaner version but)

On 8/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, Auspice said:

My apologies for taking so long. Life and all.

2161cd17_5222_461a_988f_475b3e20d2e2_by_7cad304b_fc93_43ec_93cf_4242d47949da_by_#49: "I bet Wicker's cookies are the best." I agree, anon.#7: What a good time.
I went for a more dramatic interpretation. Though I do feel like Wigfrid would be after, well, meat, and Webber might go for sweets. There’s also that spider plush.

7bc65529_f4bc_472b_b5be_81395e8ffc05_by_b3a0fadb_4f0c_4a67_9c2a_9d4980df66c3_by_

#37: No idea how wrestling works. But I think this is better.#50: I remember my first spring with a large group of friends. We had a WX. I had the only umbrella. I kept lending it to them.

582edae1_b7d8_4c42_932a_e525483d1c3e_by_

#19: This really was a weird one. I feel like Wolfgang wouldn't appreciate proximity to Maxwell's shadow copies, though.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:13 PM, Auspice said:

Shadow Charlie: she is Darkness and doesn't have legs.

dragon_charlie_shadow_by_frygia-dckmtsn.

Shadow Monster Charlie: will probably kill you

dragon_charlie_shadow_monster_by_frygia-

I know this is a broken record, but you want want to repost these.The forum has a image archive section you can use.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, Auspice said:

the_doctor__by_frygia-dcgxn6d.jpgI drew Triumphant Victorian Wilson for use as a profile pic.

Ah, so that's what you avatar looks like bigger. Gives me Hellsing vibes with Anderson laughing. Beautiful use of that brush in the background. Including the tendrils giving a nice focal point for your art.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, Auspice said:

mourning_shadows_by_frygia-dchagrp.jpgthe_witch_by_frygia-dchagre.jpgI have so little character variation. It's interesting to draw someone very young and someone very old.

Two other artists I've seen do the whole combining skins designs are Sdragonhead and Rubi, so really fun to see more artists tackle a concept. Though your triumphant victorian wickerbottom's kind of canon :wilson_ecstatic:image.thumb.png.594d22612ab31fb1beb9ec8cc39b7767.png

On 7/19/2018 at 5:26 PM, Auspice said:

rekt_by_frygia-dchorka.jpg(It was my first Dry season in Shipwrecked. I got through ~3 eruptions by running around an endothermic fire on the other side of my island. And then this.)

Are dragoon eggs that HUGE?!584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.png

On 7/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Auspice said:

grass_gekko_by_frygia-dchuxsw.jpg

Reminds me of the art I'd see on google when I'm searching Tim Burton art and I find people's attempts at recreating his art style, that or concept art for the current tim burton films. I love the energy in these poses. Very cat-like.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, Auspice said:

ancients_by_frygia-dchz9ep.gif

I would love to see this animation polished. So much organic fluid movment. Kind of a shame it's sketchy. Would be a beautiful short with audio attatched.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:03 PM, Auspice said:

66c4a891_686f_436e_ac07_403735d46ca2_by_e6d627d2_00d0_4f1e_a105_bdb61b13fa77_by_

Love it when the fandom does this. The Thulians are such a underrated aspect to DS so it's great when I see fans give their interpretations through art. It's like giving a essay in picture format. You even hint the hieroglyphics in your designs.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:38 PM, Auspice said:
  1. More ideas/doodles on shadowed Victorian Wilson. b9aa3bea_ba83_4e5d_bc5d_ae2927481828_by_
  2. Exhibit A: me abusing the heck out of Procreate's new liquify tool.
  3. 1b929119_d1e2_4275_9fbb_41c3bd30eac9_by_
  1. Despite the intense borders around him, he looks like a little toddler trying to show a semblance of evil.:wilson_ecstatic: The piece is nice and you got the chibi style from the game right, just something I noticed.
  2. I can see that.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
  3. This fits Wilson's Triumphant quote of "bwahaha", basically a dork who's trying to fit the roll but is too scruffy to pull it off.
On 7/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, Auspice said:

corruption_by_frygia-dci56le.jpg

Interesting minimalism here. I like how dramatic this is.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:39 AM, Auspice said:

what_have_you_done_by_frygia-dcif4yq.jpg

-NANI in British/new england accent-

Kind of looks like Wolfgang's arm due to the size of the forearm.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:13 AM, Auspice said:

shaded_by_frygia-dcig3b3.jpg

Due to the guassian triangular gradient in the background, I'm getting Bleach vibes from this one.

On 7/28/2018 at 4:46 PM, Auspice said:

d2024c96_0f2e_4b68_913b_01adf5b19150_by_

Instead of looking like a "come at me, bro" pose, this feels like a carefree shrug.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:22 AM, Auspice said:

price_by_frygia-dcisu4f.jpg

This piece makes sense why you combined the Victorian and Triumphant skin for Wilson, definitely the hair. Makes me wonder if his Victorian skin is wilson's stress making his hair whiten up at points? Sorry for the personal stuff you're going through but you made a good piece out of it.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:46 PM, Auspice said:
  1. outfits_by_frygia-dcixxye.jpg
  2. It's odd to combine the DS style with slightly more realistic anatomy.
  1. The straighter curls on Wilson make this seem to be his Guest of Honor skin.The aesthetic here reminds me of a coffeeshop.
  2. 574e3aa9788ca_20160531-ThemmarkedWilson.png.02197104b63c60b9a77c873b121b44fa.pngThis was my attempt back in the day due to the William Carter Puzzles having a different anatomy compared to the main game.
On 8/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, Auspice said:
  1. 87_by_frygia-dcj1di0.jpg
  2. 13_by_frygia-dcj1did.jpg13: Playing charades together - Wilson and Wes.
  3. 78_by_frygia-dcj1dil.jpg
  4. 41_by_frygia-dcj2wq5.jpg
  5. Alo: I finally understand ResettePlayer's thing about Woodie being weird to draw
  6. I'ltumblr_p829ussrtu1s4ceuco1_r2_1280.pngl only take one for each situation, though.
  1. um.png.39aba6846db4fa98bd0040eefa066e23.
  2. Kind of a hilariously cruel request. Though fitting.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. I usually picture Webber and Wendy as the local pranksters but I guess this is another skill from the mime.
  4. Something tells me Wolfgang pressured Wilson to do this. Mainly due to the big guy being so health conscious.
  5. I think it has to do with the beard. The promo art for Woodie is sort of inconsistant.
  6. If you're still doing this, how about 73 with Maxwell and the inn keeper?C9649722BB411F765B0A340CB4D4CDD74B4D3DFF
On 8/3/2018 at 11:09 AM, Auspice said:

20_by_frygia-dcj366t.jpg

I'm sure the audience wouldn't keep up with their moves. As Vince Vaughn would know, dodgeball is srs bsns.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:47 PM, Auspice said:
  1. 100_by_frygia-dcj8lz3.jpg
  2. 43_by_frygia-dcj8lzd.jpg
  1. I think this is basically Wes giving Maxwell the metaphorical middle finger for putting him in that invisible box.:wilson_sneaky:
  2. Cute and sad. Wolfgang is kind of like a uncle figure. Really like the sentiment behind this one.
On 8/6/2018 at 7:27 PM, Auspice said:
  1. 22_by_frygia-dcjeouo.jpg
  2. 26_by_frygia-dcjeou7.jpg
  1. No idea why Charlie created the Ewecus in the first place.:wilson_shocked:
  2. Is there a reason why Wigfrid is proud for being short?:wilson_ecstatic:
On 8/12/2018 at 1:01 AM, Auspice said:

misadventures_with_wilson_and_wendy_2_by

Something tells me the final panel would've made Willow drool in interest.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, Auspice said:

dragon_wilsonbeardlong_by_frygia-dcjwmam

The red strip makes me feel you hinted the Roseatte skin with this one. I gotta admit, the beard adds a adorable touch to the design, matching Wilson's ability. You even captured his grumpyness.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:56 AM, Auspice said:
  1. dragon_willow_dormant_by_frygia-dcjwmbo.
  2. dragon_wendy_by_frygia-dck01va.jpg
  3. dragon_wx_overload_by_frygia-dcjwma0.jpg
  1. I really prefer the flameless version. It shows off a sharpness that the flame piece covered.
  2. Very reminiscent to your winona dragon piece in terms of roundness. Are you a flight rising player per chance?
  3. This is probably the most emotional I've seen from WX.:wilson_ecstatic:
On 8/14/2018 at 11:29 PM, Auspice said:

55_by_frygia-dck6glj.jpg

Wendy recreates the horse scene from Neverending story.:wilson_sneaky:

On 8/15/2018 at 11:27 PM, Auspice said:
  1. dragon_webber_by_frygia-dck6yii.jpg
  2. dragon_wickerbottom_by_frygia-dck86wj.jp
  1. Spider dragon is a really cool concept. Kind of confused as to why no one hasn't done such a concept before.
  2. You've given Wickerbottom her humanity in this piece, I also like the slender frame. You made a very organic piece.
On 8/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, Auspice said:
  1. dragon_woodie_by_frygia-dckizuc.jpg
  2. weredragobeaver_by_frygia-dckiwxm.jpg
  1. That axe-tail hybrid is a cool concept. Like the spider-dragon, these concepts can work on their own accord.
  2. I squeed so hard on this one. I don't know why I find it so cute.
On 8/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, Auspice said:

dragon_wigfrid_by_frygia-dckmtvi.jpg

Due to her tail in the foreground, I confused it for Wigfrid's head. :wilson_dorky:Beautiful piece though.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:13 PM, Auspice said:

Queen Charlie: Probably one of my favorite designs, if not the favorite. Also, I swear it's completely coincidental that she has a lot of striking similarities to Wilson (white face, birdlike-type, same color scheme...)dragon_queen_charlie_by_frygia-dckmtrw.j

I think the birdlike element matches the griffins in her lair. I notice that the smudgy background must be the same palette you used on the Victorian Wilson piece. It's not bad, just something I noticed.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:55 PM, Auspice said:

dragon_winona__by_frygia-dckw5zw.jpg

I got a dreakworks nightfury vibe from this one. The roundness on this one is a cute atmosphere overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 3:57 AM, minespatch said:

Weeeelp, sorry for the wall of text but I finally got to your thread:

Don't worry about it! Thanks for taking the time to go through my thread. 

I know this is a broken record, but you want want to repost these.The forum has a image archive section you can use.

Gosh darnit. I'll take care of those in a bit, thanks for letting me know.

What is this image archive section of which you speak

Ah, so that's what you avatar looks like bigger. Gives me Hellsing vibes with Anderson laughing. Beautiful use of that brush in the background. Including the tendrils giving a nice focal point for your art.

Thank you! I've seen Hellsing around, but I never actually read it. I just really like the shadow aesthetic.

1. Two other artists I've seen do the whole combining skins designs are Sdragonhead and Rubi, so really fun to see more artists tackle a concept. Though your triumphant victorian wickerbottom's kind of canon :wilson_ecstatic:

2. Are dragoon eggs that HUGE?!

3. (Grass Gekko) Reminds me of the art I'd see on google when I'm searching Tim Burton art and I find people's attempts at recreating his art style, that or concept art for the current tim burton films. I love the energy in these poses. Very cat-like.

4. I would love to see this animation polished. So much organic fluid movment. Kind of a shame it's sketchy. Would be a beautiful short with audio attatched.

5. Love it when the fandom does this. The Thulians are such a underrated aspect to DS so it's great when I see fans give their interpretations through art. It's like giving a essay in picture format. You even hint the hieroglyphics in your designs.

6. (More ideas/doodles on shadowed Victorian Wilson.) Despite the intense borders around him, he looks like a little toddler trying to show a semblance of evil.:wilson_ecstatic: The piece is nice and you got the chibi style from the game right, just something I noticed.

7. (Exhibit A: me abusing the heck out of Procreate's new liquify tool.) I can see that.

8. This fits Wilson's Triumphant quote of "bwahaha", basically a dork who's trying to fit the roll but is too scruffy to pull it off.

9. (Shadow Victorian) Interesting minimalism here. I like how dramatic this is.

10. -NANI in British/new england accent-
Kind of looks like Wolfgang's arm due to the size of the forearm.

1. I think I've seen a few of them! It's fun to hybridize ideas. 
LOL interesting

2. I do believe they're about that size.  
latest?cb=20160205185206

3. Tim Burton is a good time. Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my classic favorites, and a bunch of other stuff is great, too. 
Thank you! I needed to express my profound love for the phenomenon known as the grass gekko.

4. I might do that when I'm better at animation / have a better program, haha
Thank you! Not sure what I'd do with audio, though. Maybe I'd extend it with narration? What did you have in mind?

5. Why, thank you. Sometimes I become driven to fill up gaps in information with my own imagination. It's quite fun, and rather addicting. I'm all about all the details. 

6, 7. Heh. Thanks.

8. Pfft. He can't hide his true nature

9. Thank you! As an artist, I tend to favor atmosphere and tone over detail and clarity.

10. *chokes* beautiful
Perhaps! I was just trying to get the perspective, though.

11. (Shadow Victorian Wes) Due to the guassian triangular gradient in the background, I'm getting Bleach vibes from this one.

12. (Sootier Shadow Victorian Wes) Instead of looking like a "come at me, bro" pose, this feels like a carefree shrug.

13. (Realism piece) This piece makes sense why you combined the Victorian and Triumphant skin for Wilson, definitely the hair. Makes me wonder if his Victorian skin is wilson's stress making his hair whiten up at points? Sorry for the personal stuff you're going through but you made a good piece out of it.

14. (With the clothes I wear) The straighter curls on Wilson make this seem to be his Guest of Honor skin.The aesthetic here reminds me of a coffeeshop.

15. 574e3aa9788ca_20160531-ThemmarkedWilson.png.02197104b63c60b9a77c873b121b44fa.pngThis was my attempt back in the day due to the William Carter Puzzles having a different anatomy compared to the main game.

16. um.png.39aba6846db4fa98bd0040eefa066e23.

17. (charades) Kind of a hilariously cruel request. Though fitting.:wilson_ecstatic:

18. (pranking) I usually picture Webber and Wendy as the local pranksters but I guess this is another skill from the mime.

19. (Carrying a tree) Something tells me Wolfgang pressured Wilson to do this. Mainly due to the big guy being so health conscious.

20. I think it has to do with the beard. The promo art for Woodie is sort of inconsistent.

21. If you're still doing this, how about 73 with Maxwell and the inn keeper?

11. Ooooh, I didn't think of that! I finished reading Bleach. I was really into it in the past, and I wanted to see it to the end.

12. Who knows what Wes is thinking

13. Thanks! I don't doubt that Wilson is the type to pop out stress white hair. Thank you for your kind words, as well. People-ing is hard.

14. Yep, it is his Guest of Honor hair. Though I actually drew it because I found it easier. 
I really like coffeeshop vibes! But I really don't like coffee. I have an aversion to being drugged.

15. Whoa, cool! It really matches the style of the puzzles. 

16. *SNRCK* oh my goodness, this is fantastic. 

17. I must agree.

18. I suppose I thought of Wes as the mischievous one, and I could see Webber messing with the others. Wendy, I saw as too busy thinking about death LOL

19. Perhaps indeed.

20. Huh, I never noticed. I just used his sprite and portrait as a reference.

21. Sure, why not? 

22. (catch) I'm sure the audience wouldn't keep up with their moves. As Vince Vaughn would know, dodgeball is srs bsns.

23. I think this is basically Wes giving Maxwell the metaphorical middle finger for putting him in that invisible box.:wilson_sneaky:

24. Cute and sad. Wolfgang is kind of like a uncle figure. Really like the sentiment behind this one.

25. No idea why Charlie created the Ewecus in the first place.:wilson_shocked:

26. Is there a reason why Wigfrid is proud for being short?:wilson_ecstatic:

27. (Misadventures II) Something tells me the final panel would've made Willow drool in interest.

28. (Dragon Wilson) The red strip makes me feel you hinted the Roseatte skin with this one. I gotta admit, the beard adds a adorable touch to the design, matching Wilson's ability. You even captured his grumpyness.

29. (Dragon Willow) I really prefer the flameless version. It shows off a sharpness that the flame piece covered.

30. (Dragon Wendy) Very reminiscent to your winona dragon piece in terms of roundness. Are you a flight rising player per chance?

31. (Dragon WX) This is probably the most emotional I've seen from WX.:wilson_ecstatic:

22. Heh. 
(The Vince Vaughn reference flew right over my head, though. I'm uncultured.)

23. Yep.

24. Hmm, I never thought of him that way, but I could see that happening.

26. I wouldn't say she's proud of being short, necessarily. Just overwhelmingly dramatic in all walks of life.

27. Well... you're not wrong!

28. Nah, it was just for his red waistcoat. Thank you!

29. Interesting! I probably provided it since I also like her flameless version a lot.

30. I used to play Flight Rising, though that is in the past.

31. Well, when you put a megalomaniacal robot powered by lightning with the body of a dragon and lots of lightning...

32. (Wigfrid pulling Wendy) Wendy recreates the horse scene from Neverending story.:wilson_sneaky:

33. Spider dragon is a really cool concept. Kind of confused as to why no one hasn't done such a concept before.

34. You've given Wickerbottom her humanity in this piece, I also like the slender frame. You made a very organic piece.

35. That axe-tail hybrid is a cool concept. Like the spider-dragon, these concepts can work on their own accord.

36. (Werebeaver) I squeed so hard on this one. I don't know why I find it so cute.

37. Due to her tail in the foreground, I confused it for Wigfrid's head. :wilson_dorky:Beautiful piece though.

38. (Dragon Queen Charlie) I think the birdlike element matches the griffins in her lair. I notice that the smudgy background must be the same palette you used on the Victorian Wilson piece. It's not bad, just something I noticed.

39. (Dragon Winona) I got a dreakworks nightfury vibe from this one. The roundness on this one is a cute atmosphere overall.

32. The Neverending Story?

33. You make a good point. Though I'm sure a spider dragon has happened somewhere!

34. Thanks! I'm quite happy with this one.

35. I spent so long trying to figure out how to incorporate Lucy, so I'm glad you like how it turned out.

36. Understandable. I'm the same way, with the Grass Gekko.

37. Oops. 

38. Thank
I use that brush for the background a heck ton. More than I probably should. I just like it a lot, and it's an easy way to add texture to the background.

39. Yeah, didn't realize that until later, haha! Thank you.

tumblr_pffo4g9HdT1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

The shadows call to me. Oh, I’ll give Them what They want. An offer They can’t refuse. An offer of everything that I am. 

For everything that They are.

Something like this has been floating in my head for a while. Like, shadow hands covering the eyes, mouth, and ears. 
This might also be relevant to the fic that’s also been floating in my head for a while… The working title is Requiem.

• Like 8

On 9/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, Auspice said:
  1. What is this image archive section of which you speak
  2. I do believe they're about that size.  latest?cb=20160205185206
  3. Tim Burton is a good time. Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my classic favorites, and a bunch of other stuff is great, too.
  4. 4I might do that when I'm better at animation / have a better program, hahanThank you! Not sure what I'd do with audio, though. Maybe I'd extend it with narration? What did you have in mind?
  5. 11. Ooooh, I didn't think of that! I finished reading Bleach. I was really into it in the past, and I wanted to see it to the end.
  6. (The Vince Vaughn reference flew right over my head, though. I'm uncultured.)
  7. 31. Well, when you put a megalomaniacal robot powered by lightning with the body of a dragon and lots of lightning...
  8. 32. The Neverending Story?
  9. 35. I spent so long trying to figure out how to incorporate Lucy, so I'm glad you like how it turned out.
  1. image.png.88173e2413fcf0116d05a2db10eff512.pngimage.thumb.png.b663d8418ed4e9817ebfa48a428a479b.png
    You can upload images on the forum and not have to worry about losing them.
  2. Welp, now I know what to add on my next printing ref sheet.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. Yup, TNBC is one of my childhood favorites as well. Burton's earlier films helped my childhood aesthetic.
  4. I was thinking of some ambient music like the music from Animatrix's beyond or something eerie like a track from Pepe Delux's album "Queen of the Wave".
  5. It finally ended, so now you have time.
  6. giphy.gif
  7. Wx- doing this: maxresdefault.jpg
  8. b8481f769c66ff8675063b7bb28499ab.gif
  9. More tailed critters need axe extensions. It's hardcore.:wilson_sneaky:
On 9/21/2018 at 10:04 PM, Auspice said:
  1. tumblr_pffo4g9HdT1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg
  2. The shadows call to me. Oh, I’ll give Them what They want. An offer They can’t refuse. An offer of everything that I am. 
    For everything that They are.
  1. That would make a cool album cover for a Don't starve death metal cover album.
    Naughty tentacles at it again, touching Wilson in places he doesn't need to be touched.
  2. I'm guessing the italic text is what you have planned for your fic?
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 4:01 AM, minespatch said:

You can upload images on the forum and not have to worry about losing them.

I've been had

Or rather, blind.

I was thinking of some ambient music like the music from Animatrix's beyond or something eerie like a track from Pepe Delux's album "Queen of the Wave".

Both of those sound really cool! Hmm... Maybe I'll compose something similar....

That would make a cool album cover for a Don't starve death metal cover album.

XD thanks

Naughty tentacles at it again, touching Wilson in places he doesn't need to be touched.

*chokes*

I'm guessing the italic text is what you have planned for your fic?

You could put it that way, haha

I only really have the main plot points outlined and some random points with a lot more detail.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The smudges at his thighs make him look like he's wearing pantaloons.:wilson_sneaky:

Scandalous

Also, have a Half-Hot-Half-Cold (like Todoroki from Boku no Hero Academia) Wilson, since it was too good an opportunity to miss

tumblr_pftvtk9b0D1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Auspice said:

Also, have a Half-Hot-Half-Cold (like Todoroki from Boku no Hero Academia) Wilson, since it was too good an opportunity to misstumblr_pftvtk9b0D1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

Always fun to combine skins:wilson_smile: It gives a spin on the original intention on the sets.

Meanwhile I'm gonna hold back until I see the skins seperated and with a closer view so I can see how they look like for future pieces. Makes me want to redraw that Wilson with the boarror helmet, but change the pose once I see the new skin.

• Thanks 1

@Aileen-Rose had made a Don't Starve x Trauma Team crossover over on Tumblr, and I thought, "Wow, this looks so interesting!" and then binge watched the walkthrough at 2x speed. Not without consequences... but it was so good. 

So I drew their CR-S01 Wilson! (CR-S01 is an amnesiac general surgeon that got convicted for an act of bioterrorism)

tumblr_pg1gbu5FjT1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

• Like 8

HAH, talk about coincidences, I'm going to be doing a Styles Dupe soon(thanks to the cleaning gun in Oxygen Not Included). Though I know why Aileen is doing the cross-over, Wilson is putting into the doctor role with the Gladiator and Victorian roles.:wilson_ecstatic:

You emulated the tone of the original promo art pretty well. Though... Is his eyes due to some kind of disease or is he one lucky albino?

Edited by minespatch
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, Auspice said:

Scandalous

Also, have a Half-Hot-Half-Cold (like Todoroki from Boku no Hero Academia) Wilson, since it was too good an opportunity to miss

tumblr_pftvtk9b0D1uxe6j1o1_1280.jpg

I love seeing you fuse different skins together. Its such a nifty idea and always cool to see the final.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

HAH, talk about coincidences, I'm going to be doing a Styles Dupe soon(thanks to the cleaning gun in Oxygen Not Included). Though I know why Aileen is doing the cross-over, Wilson is putting into the doctor role with the Gladiator and Victorian roles.:wilson_ecstatic:

Oooh, interesting! I don't know much about the other games, since I only watched the walkthrough for the Wii game. 

Hah, indeed! 

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

You emulated the tone of the original promo art pretty well. Though... Is his eyes due to some kind of disease or is he one lucky albino?

Thank you! 

Well, this is from her Tumblr

"Another side note, CR-S01 used to have blue eyes but they turned red due to unknown reasons. Maybe a freak accident. No one really knows. Either way, doesn’t stop people from looking at him weird… and then earning a glare from Agent Higgsbury that basically tells them to bug off."

11 hours ago, Wesminator said:

I love seeing you fuse different skins together. Its such a nifty idea and always cool to see the final.

:'D Thank you! 

• Like 2