gallusvarius    922
11 hours ago, Auspice said:

Wigfrid! I think she's happy with this as well? Unless she's got some conflicted feelings about no longer being a valiant human warrior that fights monsters, her being something of a monster herself. She doesn't let it get to her. She still challenges giants bigger and stronger than her as much as she can, and definitely enjoys her new strength.

Using the Valkyrie wings for Wigfrid was very fitting! And how you included her red hair as a mane of sorts. 
The back grounds you do on these are really nice, too. I can definitely see her trying to fly up high and about, like a falcon. 

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    922
18 hours ago, Auspice said:

Tried to make him kinda dapper? Mostly shadowy though. I had fun with the angular swirls.

I was sort of waiting for Maxwell.
He's more perfect than I could have even imagined. I wasn't entire sure how you'd make such a character look as a bestial thing as a dragon, but you made it work to where he's one of my favorites. 

Heh, gonna do shipwrecked characters? 

• Thanks 1

Auspice    685
1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

I was sort of waiting for Maxwell.

Oho. Thanks! I gotta say, his dragon design is also one of my favorites. Charlie might be my actual favorite... Though I feel like I should be *~proper~* and do Winona before I post Charlie.

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Heh, gonna do shipwrecked characters? 

Now that you mention it... SURE

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 1

Szczuku    9,747
15 hours ago, Auspice said:

Now that you mention it... SURE

Woodlegs should be the kind of dragon that protects it's treasure... booty if you will

• Haha 2

ResettePlayer    4,848

Charlie's adopted.

Okay, okay, she's not that we're aware of. It's not a bad thing that you've designed the dragons thinking about each individual character's personality ahead of backstory. If you think you should do a second pass at Winona, go ahead, but this design suits her well. Charlie's suits her well. You you didn't do anything "wrong", really.

Edited by ResettePlayer

Auspice    685
3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Charlie's adopted.

Ahahaha! That very well could be the case. I always felt like Winona didn't resemble Charlie at all. Well. The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

this design suits her well. Charlie's suits her well. You you didn't do anything "wrong", really.

Thank you. I think I'll leave them as they are, apart from my own difficulties in sticking to my designs, eheh

• Like 1

ResettePlayer    4,848
7 hours ago, Auspice said:

Winona didn't resemble Charlie at all

Yeah, the only thing they have in common is their nose shape. And even then that only really shows in that one illustration.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170907132856

• Thanks 1

DragonMage156    25,796
On 8/19/2018 at 11:12 AM, Auspice said:

dragon_wes_1_by_frygia-dckiuw0.jpg

What is Wes trying to do to woe the ladies? XD

On 8/21/2018 at 7:28 AM, Auspice said:

I'm thinking of making his untriumphant form as well.

I would be up for that ^_^

On 8/20/2018 at 2:02 PM, Auspice said:

Wigfrid!

Can I just say how much I LOVE THIS!!! 0u0

On 8/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, Auspice said:

Winona.

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

Walani

Haven't seen these on Tumblr yet but I'll definitely keep a look out. Love each and every one of their designs btw ^_^

Edit: Saw Winona :p

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Thanks 1

gallusvarius    922
On 8/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, Auspice said:

You know what? Who the heck cares about propriety I'm posting Charlie now

Charlie looks so neat! Definitely one of the most amazing ones you have here. The narrow beak/face seemed like a good idea. But what really stunned me was her 'unshadowed/before everything' form. It's so pure-looking! An amazing contrast and yet still the same dragon/character, clearly. You did a good job expressing her. 
I'd love to see an unshadowed Maxwell, because it's hard to see the unshadowed Charlie helping the normal Maxwell on stage. 

Winona looks nice too, face sort of reminds me of Toothless maybe? Even if she's clunkier than Charlie she's still somewhat white, and you seem to be doing personality over actual similarity, so I don't think you need to worry. ^^ 
For concerning Winona and Charlie being different... They can possibly seem different, but also there are some things that are up to speculation, like Winona's height or Charlie's eye color. I like to take those little things and make them similar. (Ex: Maybe Winona, though stocky, is shorter like Charlie, or maybe Charlie has light-brown eyes to crawl closer to Winona's most-likely-dark-brown-eyes. (Her eyes on her sprite are dark, and while many of the males have the same, I like to think of it as being brown eyes.)) 

7 hours ago, Auspice said:

This oozes laziness in many ways

Eek! I didn't even see these yet until I commented because the page refused to load! (I was sitting here and refusing to move until I commented to force myself to remember to comment.) 
She looks so lazy! It's a perfect illustration for her personality, and I can see the aquatic mammal inspiration. I think it's really interesting you included another species like that... 

Do you ever have trouble thinking of what design to use for these? Or do you just get these interesting ideas for all of them, just like that? 

16 hours ago, Auspice said:

Woodlegs was fun. I love sea dragons.

Nice, a sea dragon. I'm surprised he's not sitting on an underwater hoard of treasure, but just as well. He's probably hunting treasure right now. Probably tries to destroy ships carrying golden goods. Still a pirate, basically. 
I like how you did his fins, though, and his expression is rather amusing. I noticed you kept his.. Scarcity of teeth.

• Thanks 1

Auspice    685
47 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Charlie looks so neat!

: D Thank you! That makes me happy hehe

I've done unshadowed Maxwell, actually! I'll post him once I get onto an actual computer. The design is... very different. I mean, it's William.

Winona looks nice too

Thanks! 

Ahahaha! I thought she looked a lot like Toothless too, though it wasn't intentional. Not that I'm complaining. I like Toothless.

you seem to be doing personality over actual similarity, so I don't think you need to worry. ^^ 

I'm glad you think so.

As for the differences/similarities - those are some good points. I guess I did try to make a few color similarities, myself. Funny that you should mention height, heh. I made a height comparison chart for everyone. 

Eek! I didn't even see these yet until I commented because the page refused to load! (I was sitting here and refusing to move until I commented to force myself to remember to comment.) 

ALAS

I can see that your replies merged, though. That's relatable eh heh. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

She looks so lazy!

Thank you. I did my best to illustrate her chill.

Do you ever have trouble thinking of what design to use for these? Or do you just get these interesting ideas for all of them, just like that? 

Hmm... I think I usually get vague concepts in my head, like "bird" for Charlie, "fairylike" for Wendy, and "tall, raven" for Wickerbottom, that expand and solidify as I continue my sketch. Sometimes it goes like "but what if... octopus" or something. I just let the ideas flow. If it doesn't feel right, I start a new sketch. 

Since I'm using Procreate, it records my process... any in particular you'd like to see?

50 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Still a pirate, basically.

Heh, indeed. Those poor ships have no idea eyes what's coming.

As per usual, my laziness is the culprit of not starting any extra miscellany. 

Thank you! His scarcity of teeth is iconic.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

What is Wes trying to do to woe the ladies? XD

Pfft. The one where's he doing the heart is based on one of his Valentine cards I think.

Thank you for your kind words!

Raspberry Shake    5,762
On 8/24/2018 at 12:19 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Charlie's adopted.

Well that would make sense, seeing as I've dedicated many an hour to the age of the Siblings.

Spoiler

Klei put no thought whatsoever into the dates they used in their timeline.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ResettePlayer    4,848
13 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

dedicated many an hour to the age of the Siblings.

Hmm, yeah. I dunno man. I was under the impression that, assuming the year is 1920, Charlie would be around Wilson's age (let's just say 32) and so she'd be around 18 at the time of the Final Act. Winona would be like 36 or somethin'. Am I missing anything?

Raspberry Shake    5,762
8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Hmm, yeah. I dunno man. I was under the impression that, assuming the year is 1920, Charlie would be around Wilson's age (let's just say 32) and so she'd be around 18 at the time of the Final Act. Winona would be like 36 or somethin'. Am I missing anything?

Yeah, maybe I've definitely just been getting the dates wrong

Auspice    685

I've been in a fan character / OC mood lately, so here's a design for my personal DST OC. What do you all think?

Wren by Frygia

Their name is Wren. They feel oddly uncomfortable with either male or female pronouns, though it's not much of a problem in most interactions since you don't usually use pronouns in conversation. They're more commonly viewed as female by other survivors, at least at first. 

I'm not sure about the perks/stats, but they'll probably have lower health (100?) and higher sanity (250?). I might end up giving them a lot of similarities to my self-DST character from before, such as spiraling anxiety. Maybe passive regeneration of sanity (+6.67/min?) above 2/3 sanity and passive decay (-6.67/min) below 1/3 sanity. Being near other people might also lower sanity, but only up to -3.33/min.

For now, I'm gonna say that they have medical training. For the record, I don't, so uh... anyway. The special item is an emergency surgical kit, which can be opened and contains 3 specialized slots:
- First aid, which can heal a small amount of health with each single use packet.
- Surgical tools (infinite use?), which can heal a larger amount of health (50%?) (and any bleeding), but it takes 30(? maybe longer) seconds and canceling the action will inflict bleeding on the subject. Can only use when above 2/3 sanity.
- Scalpel, a weapon with short range and little damage but can inflict bleeding, which gets worse with each hit and lasts for a day.

No one else can use these items (except first aid), and only Wren can recraft them.

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 4