Auspice's Art

15 hours ago, Auspice said:

Heh, I see. That would certainly cause quite a scene. Hopefully not enough to get them kicked out. Not sure how the cashier would deal with the gold nuggets, though.

The image of them getting kicked out is kinda funny...
I can see Wigfrid angrily beating on the sliding doors while Webber is curled up and quietly sobbing on the sidewalk next to her... 

BUT IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

YES, YES IT WAS. I ASKED FOR MAXWELL AND WOLFGANG TEXTING. I HAVE NO REGRETS.

I can see how the two of them would get along better than they would with others. You make a point on them not being as disturbed by each other. I personally view both of them as the more solitary sort. Wendy might feel she doesn't need the others' help, and WX doesn't want it (even if he does need it).

I know what you mean with them being independant.
I would have them the same way, only that I think survival is probably easier when working together, so that's my thinking as to how they ended up in their own camp together. Not for any other reason other than 'Working with another vaguely-human-ish-creature makes my survival easier and less stressful.' So their bond isn't super close and squishy, more like... 'We work well together and know each other' kind of thing. 

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

For now. I present to you Misadventures of Wilson and Wendy 2: This Is Fine.

This is really funny, actually. Especially how you drew the hounds and then the larvae following after, and Wilson's constant 'Oh.' 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I can see Wigfrid angrily beating on the sliding doors while Webber is curled up and quietly sobbing on the sidewalk next to her...

NOOO WEBBER 

I think survival is probably easier when working together, so that's my thinking as to how they ended up in their own camp together. Not for any other reason other than 'Working with another vaguely-human-ish-creature makes my survival easier and less stressful.' So their bond isn't super close and squishy, more like... 'We work well together and know each other' kind of thing. 

Indeed. Many of them are working together out of survival optimization, but I can see more development with those two happening.

This is really funny, actually. Especially how you drew the hounds and then the larvae following after, and Wilson's constant 'Oh.'

Heh heh, thank you. My I'm-kind-of-panicking-but-gotta-keep-it-cool response is usually repeating "oh" when the situation is made clear and clearer to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I may have mentioned somewhere that I'm working on a sort of... project.

You see, before I drew for Don't Starve, dragons were My Thing. A friend of mine recently inspired my to draw the Infinity Stones as dragons, and a sudden thought had occurred to me: But what if... DST characters... as dragons.

Basically, I'm drawing all the characters as dragons in a sort of dragon AU, where all of them are turned into dragons after spending enough time exposed to the magic of the Constant. For now, I'll upload these paint-sketches over some span of time. I don't like uploading too much at once. I just have a lot since I was in the groove during my flight home.

Here's Wilson. And his beard! The design is highly reminiscent of the version I drew of him for a fanfic. 

dragon_wilson_beardgrowth_by_frygia-dcjy

Here are the higher quality still images.

Spoiler

Dragon Wilson by Frygia

dragon_wilsonbeard_by_frygia-dcjwmax.jpg

dragon_wilsonbeardlong_by_frygia-dcjwmam

I'm actually Really Bad at sticking to my design when I feel like there could be improvement. So if any of you have feedback for any of the designs, I'd love to hear it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Auspice said:

But what if... DST characters... as dragons.

That is an excellent idea - I'm definitely excited to see what you might do with the other characters, if you choose to do them!

Here's Wilson. And his beard!

Heh, I love how his beard grows out into a mane. Great way of incorporating it.
The colors are definitely a good choice for him, that and the slim structure of the creature is fitting to Wilson as well.
The horns and their vague resemblance to his original hair shape is also a great choice of design.

I think you did really well with this, actually. Are you planning to do any of the others or just him? 

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Heh, I love how his beard grows out into a mane. Great way of incorporating it.
The colors are definitely a good choice for him, that and the slim structure of the creature is fitting to Wilson as well.
The horns and their vague resemblance to his original hair shape is also a great choice of design.

Thanks! I tried to capture the essence of his being and personality, including his distinguishing traits. I had fun with the beard. 

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I think you did really well with this, actually. Are you planning to do any of the others or just him? 

Thank you. I'm planning to do all of the characters! I've finished the sketches for all of them. Except Charlie, I might do her later.

I have actually finished four others. I am reluctant to put them all up at once, but eh I might just do so in a bit

.... yeah, I'll put them up in a bit.

• Like 1

Willow is probably the happiest with her new form. I went for the classic fire-dragon-on-fire idea.

dragon_willow_by_frygia-dcjwmc2.jpg

Without fire:

Spoiler

dragon_willow_dormant_by_frygia-dcjwmbo.

Aaand here's Wolfgang. I was... pretty lazy here with the coloring, but oh well.  Twice the dragon. Half the effort. It all comes out even. I'm doing these mostly for the concepts right now anyway.

dragon_wolfgang_by_frygia-dcjzv52.jpgdragon_wolfgang_wimpy_by_frygia-dcjzv5k.

I had a lot of fun with Wendy's sketch. The coloring...... well, I had trouble with some decisions. But I think I like how she turned out. (Though I kept fiddling with the details of her design and neglected to change Abigail...)

dragon_wendy_by_frygia-dck01va.jpg

Last one for now: WX-78. This one was definitely fun to do.
 They might be a close second to Willow in liking their new form. 

dragon_wx_by_frygia-dcjwm9q.jpg

Especially when struck by lightning. (If you can't tell, I love adding fancy effects.)

dragon_wx_overload_by_frygia-dcjwma0.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Auspice said:

Willow is probably the happiest with her new form. I went for the classic fire-dragon-on-fire idea.

Heh. I figured, of all of them, she's HAVE to be done.
This is really cool! The atmosphere and scene is a lot more intense in this one, and the pose looks like she's about to dive in on something. 

Aaand here's Wolfgang.

Nice work with Wolfgang. The horns are really fitting, and his wimpy form looks like a cute little lizard. XD

I can see the resemblance with him.

I had a lot of fun with Wendy's sketch.

Wendy looks really good too. Again, the scene and atmosphere is impressive! The kind of dragon/design you chose for her and Abi is very fitting

Last one for now: WX-78

Robot dragons, yesssss, yes... 
I love how you did his 'system overload' form. I bet flying straight into storms just for that frill is all worth the rain to him. Agreed, him and Willow both would make some pretty intense dragons. 

I'm probably liking this little series a lot more because I still love dragons myself. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Heh. I figured, of all of them, she's HAVE to be done.
This is really cool! The atmosphere and scene is a lot more intense in this one, and the pose looks like she's about to dive in on something.

Indeed. Thanks! I was thinking about her thinking of torching everything below her.

Nice work with Wolfgang.

Thank you. Somehow, ram-like horns seem to fit.

Wendy looks really good too. Again, the scene and atmosphere is impressive! The kind of dragon/design you chose for her and Abi is very fitting

I'm glad you like it! My aim was a sort of fairy-like type. To contrast with her obsession with morbidity, of course.

Robot dragons, yesssss, yes... 

I agree.

He probably goes into storms like "HIT ME, LIGHTNING" and then proceeds to wreak havoc.

I'm probably liking this little series a lot more because I still love dragons myself. 

You know, I can't blame you. Dragons are the best.

• Like 1

Clockworks from today's stream!

Ooo, I really like these! The clockworks are interesting things. 
I really like how the rook is positioned behind the others and kind of glaring down on the viewer. All of them are dramatically positioned, really. 

1 hour ago, Auspice said:

Some more interactions:

Nice job with Charlie there, and her grey-scale hues.
Her expression looks just like she did before being shadow'd, too. Looking at her dress, seems this was the Charlie mean't to be displayed. 

Poor Wendy. At least, she probably doesn't weigh that much, so I'm sure Wigfrid will be able to get her out...

20 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Ooo, I really like these! The clockworks are interesting things.

Thanks!

I'd like to think I have a flair for the dramatic.

22 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Nice job with Charlie

Thank you. Yep, it's before she was shadow'd. Somehow, it felt like it was more suitable for the situation I envisioned. Though I have plans for a Legit Piece with Queen Charlie. It's been sitting as a sketch for a while, though.

22 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I'm sure Wigfrid will be able to get her out...

Eventually, heh.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 8:42 AM, Auspice said:

You see, before I drew for Don't Starve, dragons were My Thing.

Same!

On 8/13/2018 at 4:56 PM, Auspice said:

Absolutely gorgeous and amazing! (I'm gonna say that a lot ^^; )

dragon_wolfgang_by_frygia-dcjzv52.jpgdragon_wolfgang_wimpy_by_frygia-dcjzv5k.

I like this idea. Really funny and cute. His mighty form reminds me of an elder from Legend Spyro and his lil serpant form is plain adorable ^_^

dragon_wendy_by_frygia-dck01va.jpg

Love the way you drew these two! The fins, the colours and the blonde mane. Abigail looks something akin to an axolotl ^_^

dragon_wx_by_frygia-dcjwm9q.jpg

Interesting take on WX. He has dark transparent wings and legs but they look even cooler in his charged form. I'll be honest, it reminds me if skrills from How to Train your Dragon (tv series. I don't think there was any in the movies).

Wow I managed to reference both Spyro and HTTYD on one post ^^;

Oh yeah, a friend on DA has also drawn Wilson as a dragon (just Wilson) and made a whole story about it. This kinda reminded me of that :p

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Same!

:D

Thank you for your kind words! Wow, Spyro is a nostalgia blast right to the face. HTTYD is a fresher love.  

hhh I love axolotls. They're both cute and scientifically interesting.

I was actually thinking of a sort of cloth or rubber material for the dark parts on WX! For the legs, sort of like a wire coating? 

10 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh yeah, a friend on DA has also drawn Wilson as a dragon (just Wilson) and made a whole story about it. This kinda reminded me of that :p

Yeah, I think I read that one! gallusvarius recommended it to me. So good.

Hmm. I might write a few plotty snippets. Or at least details of this AU. I love worldbuilding. All the details.

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind words! Wow, Spyro is a nostalgia blast right to the face. HTTYD is a fresher love. 

I take it your hyped for Spyro Reignited Trilogy? Oh I hope you can play it sometime after it's release.

Also I plan to see HTTYD 3 in theaters. Some people don't like the movie (and how much it changed from the books) but I can't get enough of it >u<

Hmm. I might write a few plotty snippets. Or at least details of this AU. I love worldbuilding. All the details.

Ooh do tell (once it's ready).

(Also I'm showing my Discord friend your dragons, I hope you don't mind)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I take it your hyped for Spyro Reignited Trilogy? Oh I hope you can play it sometime after it's release.

Oooh! I remember that! Unfortunately, I do not have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I'll probably end up watching walkthroughs. Still pretty excited, though.

Also I plan to see HTTYD 3 in theaters. Some people don't like the movie (and how much it changed from the books) but I can't get enough of it >u<

Me too! I don't know much about the books, so I can enjoy the movies to that maximum. No book-relevant expectations.

Ooh do tell (once it's ready).

(Also I'm showing my Discord friend your dragons, I hope you don't mind)

Ye

(I do not mind at all. In fact, please do.)

On 8/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Auspice said:

Webbe

I love the scene and atmosphere you did for Webber! It looks very fitting, like he's in some kind of cave a little. The expression looks good too, like he's hiding from something or afraid. Nice job with the spider legs, too. 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Auspice said:

Wickerbottom: a fabulous, tall, librarian drago

Her antlers are really cool! And her colors! The blue light from the trees is a really nice touch, I'm only surprised there's no books in her picture, but maybe those are too complicated. Anyway, she was thrown into the wilderness, so who knows if she'd be around any books right away. 

Would you do a Charlie-dragon ever, even though she's not a play-able character?

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Webber!

Thanks! I wasn't thinking of a particular expression, but LET'S GO WITH THAT HAH

Definitely referenced legs from the spider queen.

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Wickerbottom

Thank you! Her fabulousness deserved a slightly more proper background. I actually did think about drawing piles of books but then I thought, "..... nah. Too much effort."

I think I shall make a Charlie dragon. She is important to the plot, after all.

• Like 1

Two more dragons incoming

Woodie: I felt like the stocky-dragon-body-type suited him.

I was struggling a lot with how to implement Lucy. 

dragon_woodie_by_frygia-dckizuc.jpg

For his transformation into the... uh... Weredragobeaver, his overall size increases, and his wings get even bigger. 

weredragobeaver_by_frygia-dckiwxm.jpg

Some doodles of Woodie using his wings to cut down a lot of trees, and size comparison between regular and cursed Woodie.

dragon_woodie_1_by_frygia-dckizvk.jpg

Wes: he's fuzzy, smol, and has those wings-that-are-also-hands.

dragon_wes_by_frygia-dckiut6.jpg

And here's some doodles so you can see how his handy wings can work.

dragon_wes_1_by_frygia-dckiuw0.jpg

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 8

RIP

5b796a42ddc31_Screenshot(30).thumb.png.91d10ac6986f0d7fa541c86768ccda26.png

13 hours ago, Auspice said:

wings-that-are-also-hands

The idea is cool, and I'm glad that you are trying unique things with these dragons, but I'll be honest... these massive hands kinda creep me out.

Which is great! I love minor creeps. And I see where you got it from Wes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

RIP

I freckin swear

https://sta.sh/21h6zmdbpvwn 

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

The idea is cool, and I'm glad that you are trying unique things with these dragons, but I'll be honest... these massive hands kinda creep me out.

Which is great! I love minor creeps. And I see where you got it from Wes.

Ufufu. Why, thank you. The handy wings were calling to me - he can still mime this way!  Indeed, I can see Wes in general being the type that's a bit off-putting at first glance, but is great once you get to know him.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Auspice said:

Woodie

The antlers were a really nice idea for him! I can see what you mean with him being a 'sturdier' dragon.

The were-dragon-beaver is especially interesting to me, though. I really like how you did his feet in this form. Plus, beavers with antlers and wings, who can't say no to that... 

19 hours ago, Auspice said:

Wes

The hang wings! Excellent idea for him! It fits perfectly. The poses you drew below were really cool too, it was interesting to see all the things he could do with them and how they moved.

• Thanks 1