Ahpook

So...this game is dead?

Ahpook    0

I am fed up.  There hasnt been word one about this game in over a year. Not even an occasional "dont worry we are still working on it", nothing. 

They keep giving us BS bait and switch dates.  Probably because they know if they told us the real release date no one would follow this fiasco any more.  Which is pretty much where I am at. 

They either over-promised and refuse to own up to it, or this is a super ****ty disingenuous marketing technique.

Either way, I am done.

ImDaMisterL    18,734
Posted (edited)

Klei has always worked like this. They let us know something is being worked on as soon as they are sure they're going to release it, then estimate a time date (which is rarely right) for the release.

Klei wants their games to have the best quality, so that's why they take much longer to release their stuff. I know the waiting gets annoying, I also can't wait for this game to be released and the wait kills the hype, but there's nothing else we can do.

The game WILL be released, it's just a matter of waiting. Though I agree, updates would be great, at least a "Hey guys, how are you? The game is going good" post. They used to give us developer insights during DST's development and I REALLY miss those.

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 3

Petzi    19

It's notoriously hard to predict how long a big project will take, so it's perfectly normal that they can't give us a date until they're sure it will be ready. I also suspect that they might not release it as early as Oxygen Not Included or Don't Starve because, since it's an RPG, it might be more important for us to get a complete experience.

• Like 1

deathofbarney    131
18 hours ago, Petzi said:

It's notoriously hard to predict how long a big project will take, so it's perfectly normal that they can't give us a date until they're sure it will be ready. I also suspect that they might not release it as early as Oxygen Not Included or Don't Starve because, since it's an RPG, it might be more important for us to get a complete experience.

That makes a lot of sense,  we know at least its still a live project at least since they mention it on stream. Also consider that currently they have two games in early access right now which would be a good reason to not want to share much on griftlands.

Morse    19
On ‎11‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Ahpook said:

I am fed up.  There hasnt been word one about this game in over a year. Not even an occasional "dont worry we are still working on it", nothing. 

They keep giving us BS bait and switch dates.  Probably because they know if they told us the real release date no one would follow this fiasco any more.  Which is pretty much where I am at. 

They either over-promised and refuse to own up to it, or this is a super ****ty disingenuous marketing technique.

Either way, I am done.

So you went through the registration on this forum just to tell us that you don't want to be here anymore? Kinda illogical :)