Crashlanding! challenge map out now!

Bizzum22

sorry for taking so long i had other things i had to work on, but its out now

also if you downloaded this challenge before this was added you need to unlock all the research items

new hard mode out aka crash landing wthv (what the heck version)

now with good amount of resources to actually survive

thank you klei for playing and showing off another one of my challenges, btw i first lost the same way you guys did

thanks mycast for playing my challenge https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzCLyfsc6yh_W5Ue-Gzktmw

About this challenge

Start outerspace on a planet that you have crashed on!

You start with 10 warm suits 10 exo suits, I recommend putting the warm suits or the exo suits on so your dupes dont gain hypothermia when exploring space

Tips:you can put the exo suits on without a exo suit check point, but you will need recharge stations to refill them with oxygen. check your scheduling you dont know if some one might have messed it up!

Story line

You and your crew mates were sent off to explore and colonize a planet. Every thing was going fine, then the crew went into a asteroid belt. out of no where a asteroid crashed into the side of the ship only leaving parts and 8 survivors (including you.) You and the other survivors made it to the colonize pod and lunched down to the commit below to escape the death of space 

While crashing down, you see a engine from the ship cash and a pod, might be good to search

After landing you and your crew make a bathroom before exploring

Things that are now added

• correct temperature in different byomes (new map)
  • adding shine bugs (new map)
  • good ideas people have (new map)
  • adding shockworms(if they work in the new version of the game) didnt work in new version
  • finishing the bottom of the world (new map)
  • custom byomes (the crust is now layered)
  • more stuff, including a better drecko pod, a engine from the main ship, and pre colony items
  • things zergologist suggested
  • cool ideas Oozinator shared

New byomes

• the crust (the same crust from the original game)
  • the under crust (byomes remade to work and look better with the surface and the underground. normaly has puffs, hatches, and shine bugs)
  • poisoned swamp (a swamp full of diseases. normaly has shine bugs, puffs, morbs, and hatches)
  • lava lamp ( a byome full of items you would find in the lava zone, with lava, and heat. normally having slicksters)
  • ??????? (a byome that looks like it might have had bunch of fish but is now a frozen waste land)
  • ice land (a more cold and compact ice byome)
  • hot spikes ( the top part of the lava area full of huge, hot, and almost melting spikes)
  • lava land ( the bottom part of the lava area full of islands and lakes of lava, normally having slicksters)

Save file

crash landed.sav (the new, clean, better, awesome version) now tampered so things in the game should work better 

crash landed wthv.sav (crash landed but what the heck version) in this version there is less starting resources, no prebuilt bathroom,stuff you have to unlock in researching, less starting clothing, and less starting dups

outerspace.sav (the old, bad, luckily i did not use for finally version)

to play the save, put outerspace.sav or crash landed.sav  or crash landed wthv.sav  in pc/documents/klei/OxygenNotIncluded/save_files

The map of the map

5b5fd58648282_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.73f25aa9b5cd0e31840e587f577b0fad.png

It turns out that meteors do fall at about cycle 6 without opening the surface breach stuff, and it's reccomended (That i didn't do) to reinforce your base with bunker tiles. 

Spoiler

The drecko should come in a way that insures that it is fed and has an environment to grow its scales in. Make sure the food doesn't rot before you get there, as it would insure full food value. The drecko area should be openable from below (so you don't risk air leaving out)

It should be possible to get past the midway point of cycle 6 without having a meteor strike destroy an important part of your base. There should be a bit more water and if possibe a fix for some of the stuff (PO being to hot for mealwood) 

It gets too hard when the meteors start showering, and your base falls apart. Maybe a bit more planning ahead for those looking underground refugee or algae terrarium farms, and maybe start lower next time. Use iron for the conductive wires and stuff that isn't supposed to be made of steel. Just generally think of giving a bit more algae to the players, and also, just generally better planning. 

17 hours ago, zergologist said:

Oh yea! Another map! 

Also, does it work with the upgrade preview

Reveal hidden contents

So is the drecko farmable or just useless.

You probably should put the easter egg in a spoiler so you don't spoil it.

it does work with the new update but it will get more challenging with the new quality of life with the jobs

15 hours ago, zergologist said:

It turns out that meteors do fall at about cycle 6 without opening the surface breach stuff, and it's reccomended (That i didn't do) to reinforce your base with bunker tiles. 

Reveal hidden contents

The drecko should come in a way that insures that it is fed and has an environment to grow its scales in. Make sure the food doesn't rot before you get there, as it would insure full food value. The drecko area should be openable from below (so you don't risk air leaving out)

It should be possible to get past the midway point of cycle 6 without having a meteor strike destroy an important part of your base. There should be a bit more water and if possibe a fix for some of the stuff (PO being to hot for mealwood) 

about the meteor thing, i dont know if they changed it or i got lucky but the meteor thing does not work any more.

ill try to work with the drecko and the food to make it usable instead of a random thing

i have been trying to make new starter base designs to reduce the damage because its kinda annoying for a meteor shower to happen, the space ship design will be like it is now but bigger and starts off with water bottles, or will be coned shape allowing to start under ground, or maybe both, but i am working on the design, the temperature thing will be fixed sooner or later.

15 hours ago, zergologist said:

It gets too hard when the meteors start showering, and your base falls apart. Maybe a bit more planning ahead for those looking underground refugee or algae terrarium farms, and maybe start lower next time. Use iron for the conductive wires and stuff that isn't supposed to be made of steel. Just generally think of giving a bit more algae to the players, and also, just generally better planning. 

i agree with the meteor part, its super annoying. im trying to make a layered crust ( the original outer space crust, then another layer that can hold air.) im putting the space ship beside the second layer so you dont need your pod to breath all the time, and to be more safe from meteors, also with the second layered there is gonna have some creatures, plants, and different temperatures. there will be more resources, when i play i can make it to the first algae but then most my dupes are dead. ill use gold or iron for the wires, thank you for a lot of great feedback zergologist!

Your welcome. It does get tedious when a meteor shower starts and the bunker doors  don't close because you don't have enough power, and a random meteor falls through, destroying the algae terrariums that I built, and the doors turning into steel. I just gave up trying to rebuild and repair, so i replaced the doors and glass, and dug out the regolith that fell. My dupes are just fine, except for the whole "Almost Suffocated" thing.I set up the algae terrariums asap and get the glass going. Also add more steel and ceramic just in case, and maybe a bit more planning, as I've actually started clearing a map for something similar. Try using the abyssalite layer and a lil more for the 2nd layer. Also, the airlock design is intuitive. Would love to see more of this map.Also, add little ruins like "A small abandon plastic factory" and "A run down drecko ranch," complete with eggs. Maybe better planning for the tropical pacu and gulp fish. Maybe even a geyser wher the printing pod was. I'll share the gold volcano template with you.

Volcano_Gold.yaml

All you need to do is Program Files (x86) > Steam >SteamApps > common > OxygenNotIncluded > OxygenNotIncluded_Data > StreamingAssets > templates

quick question should the air locks be water based or door based

im kinda out of ideas with the air locks, and i want to make a door based one that could get the dup fast into the pod without having to much oxygen run out into space. please help!

Water is cool, but also takes space if done correctly or incorrectly. Door based airlocks don't have the "soping wet" or "soggy feet" debuff. It only drags in power. Another way is just forget the airlocks and use transit tubes.

59 minutes ago, zergologist said:

Water is cool, but also takes space if done correctly or incorrectly. Door based airlocks don't have the "soping wet" or "soggy feet" debuff. It only drags in power. Another way is just forget the airlocks and use transit tubes.

yea i think im going to go with `doors because i dont want to make it inpossible  with all the dangers, and stress. maybe transit tubes but if the power runs out your dupes will be stuck out side

yea, Transit tubes are if you have tons of extra power, and were released as the last update to oni in 2017. Doors are more manageable (especially if you have power)  Transit tubes can also be managed with backup generators

i know about transit tubes, you might be right with the transit tubes, ill try to make it where you can leave or enter with transit tubes, but make a way to get back in if the power runs out. thinks zergologist for the idea:encouragement:

click alt then f5 to unlock debug mode, click L to open the jobs menu (if you do this right you dont need a job board) put the dup on one level above the one to unlock, for example if you want to unlock the entire miner path you would put the dup in the second miner class, then leave the job board, then open it and do it again on the final miner class and now when you disable debug mode you should be able to put that dup in every miner class without debug mode

sorry if thats complicated, but i cant wait for your map

Ooh. Definitely useful. Alt F5. I want to have a map where there are several pockets of oil along the way to the bottom. And you could be one of the first playtesters for feedback. Just wait a day or two after this post of a map.

The tip isn't working

14 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I really hope ONI gets some nice mod/map support.

it would be cool for them to make a update all about map support. they should make it where you can control the frequencies of meteors, and other things, as well as the ability to change dups stats 

On 20.7.2018 at 3:55 AM, Bizzum22 said:

it would be cool for them to make a update all about map support. they should make it where you can control the frequencies of meteors, and other things, as well as the ability to change dups stats 

I hope for map/difficulty settings like in DS.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:57 AM, Oozinator said:

I hope for map/difficulty settings like in DS.

it would be cool if they did that with ONI with the mobs, but instead of only doing the normal animals they allowed it where you can also customize the the amount of morphed mobs

Archived