The Gorge Tournament Has Begun!

• Developer

Post Updates: 
The "What are the restrictions?" section has been updated to clarify "child" account restrictions. The restriction for Limited Steam accounts has also been removed, as it is no longer a requirement for the rewards. This does not effect anyone's previous tournament entries.

Added "Where can I see my rank?" to the FAQ

Hi, I just want to ask because I tried playing the gorge yesterday in order to get the Tournament Entry badge but didn't get it although my team and I met all the requirements for the tournament. Is there something that I seem to be missing or not doing right? Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

2 hours ago, Legacius said:

Hi, I just want to ask because I tried playing the gorge yesterday in order to get the Tournament Entry badge but didn't get it although my team and I met all the requirements for the tournament. Is there something that I seem to be missing or not doing right? Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

The only answer I can give you is that your team must have NOT met all the requirements somewhere. It's probably something you or one of your team members overlooked:

1. You must attain victory: so that means you need to escape in time.

2. You cannot fail any craving rounds. You must satisfy every craving.

3. You cannot snackrifice the same dish more than once. (Cooking a dish twice by accident doesn't affect this.)

4. You cannot have two of the same types of characters in the same team.

5. Everyone in your team must have the latest version of the game, v276940.

6. Get the Gorge Extended Summary mod to be absolutely sure of what dishes you cooked in that match: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1421994079

Good luck!

Huh boy.

I don't see any reasons WHY ANYBODY Would even THINK about going to Gold. ****, so much People playing this tournament...

I can't say anything better about Silver...

I am at least hoping to get to bronze, THAT would be a Great achievement enough.

5 hours ago, xyrilyn said:

The only answer I can give you is that your team must have NOT met all the requirements somewhere. It's probably something you or one of your team members overlooked:

1. You must attain victory: so that means you need to escape in time.

2. You cannot fail any craving rounds. You must satisfy every craving.

3. You cannot snackrifice the same dish more than once. (Cooking a dish twice by accident doesn't affect this.)

4. You cannot have two of the same types of characters in the same team.

5. Everyone in your team must have the latest version of the game, v276940.

6. Get the Gorge Extended Summary mod to be absolutely sure of what dishes you cooked in that match: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1421994079

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Will try again later to see if I can get it.

Klei You should really think hard about the mod issue with this tournament.

Thing is I know for a fact that the top team in tournament has a mod with similar mechanics to myhome mod in regular dst - if You enter another players myhome it teleports You away. They are using a custom mod that teleports You in sugar forest through the gate without the need to unlock it...

Also a mod that lists all the meals on screen You have already cooked.

My point is the possibility of using custom mods in the tournament really makes the whole thing unfair and rather absurd, since the options to cheat are limitless.

Your general idea of having a tournament is awesome and I hope You will be making similar tournaments in the future just forbid using any mods for tournament entry to make it fair and have people play the game You actually made not their own personal modified versions of it.

Keep up the good work.

15 hours ago, Sigsauer said:

Klei You should really think hard about the mod issue with this tournament.

Thing is I know for a fact that the top team in tournament has a mod with similar mechanics to myhome mod in regular dst - if You enter another players myhome it teleports You away. They are using a custom mod that teleports You in sugar forest through the gate without the need to unlock it...

Also a mod that lists all the meals on screen You have already cooked.

My point is the possibility of using custom mods in the tournament really makes the whole thing unfair and rather absurd, since the options to cheat are limitless.

Your general idea of having a tournament is awesome and I hope You will be making similar tournaments in the future just forbid using any mods for tournament entry to make it fair and have people play the game You actually made not their own personal modified versions of it.

Keep up the good work.

I have got 5.3k as the main chef and known two of the top teams (both got higher than 5.7k), but I have never seen any these top teams that used a mod like the myhome mod. The Gorge event is client-mod only while a mod that changes game mechanics is a server mod, so I don't believe anyone can use mods to get through the gate without buying the iron key.

If anyone can really do it, it should be some bug rather than the mods to blame. Then you should just leave a screencap and report it to Klei for abusing bugs.

Actually, if you're a good chef and have a good strategy, it doesn't really matter whether you're using a mod or not. A mod that helps u remember what has been cooked can save u some time, but it also can be done with a checklist paper at hand.

I can still cook with a checklist with only meal numbers on it. If you need regularly checking the recipe book, you can't be in the top even if client mods are banned.

Tell me what is the meaning of the tournament, if you pass the requested dishes automatically, there is a fail:? No repetition of all conditions are met. Waste time and a spoiled mood.

Before you enter anything like this, you need to carefully calibrate. Initially, the idea of such an event looked like a trash:(

Archived