Sign in to follow this  
Xacktastic

Lost My Game

Xacktastic    12

So, here is what happened.

I was on day 79. Completely stable, been saving and quitting and loading for like a week.

Then yesterday, my girl friend came over and logged into her Google account and played the demo. She finished it, quit, and that was it.

Then, just five minutes ago, I logged back into my account, pressed continue game, and now I am exactly where she was at the end of her demo.

Is this a known problem? Can you only have one save per computer, even with separate accounts?

I am not upset really, since I am restarting on Tuesday, I just was confused.

Kevin    664

Unfortunately, yeah. The only place we are allowed to save games is in a directory attached to the currently logged in chrome user. The game login is completely separate, and only used at the moment to collect gameplay stats (for tuning!) and to verify your purchase status. You can have multiple saves if you log in under different user accounts in Chrome itself.

I realize this is all very confusing, and I apologize for it. Fortunately, the steam build will support steam cloud and "just kinda work" for everyone.

We're looking into alternate storage solutions for the chrome build, but we haven't gotten to implementing anything yet.

Sign in to follow this