Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Master Jand

No Craving Win (HOW?!)

Master Jand    1534

Ok, I've been hearing things about garlic and crab ravioli, but i have honestly no idea how to do this accomplishment. Any strats?

Please tell us how!

Extant    315
On 7/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, Master Jand said:

Ok, I've been hearing things about garlic and crab ravioli, but i have honestly no idea how to do this accomplishment. Any strats?

Please tell us how!

Edit #3

Fluffy animal posted a guide on this achievement which is better than this one. Check it out here.

Escape without satisfying any cravings achievement guide

Okay, I think I've basically got this figured out (assuming they haven't complicated cravings too much).

#1 try and skip with stone soup as much as possible. You get 4 old coins for incorrect cravings which is good for no coins invested.

#2 get a large cook pot from the safes as soon as possible. You might have to open all 3 if you're unlucky.

#3 sapphire medallion isn't needed.

#4 meat stew gives 1 red mark when given in a silver bowl as an incorrect craving (except dessert).

#5 make crab ravioli for favors on silver plate.

#6 you may only need up to 2 red marks. 1 for a crab trap, 1 for 3 milk to make 3 crab ravioli with.

#7 do not offer crab ravioli on dessert rounds. This will also mess up the favor. Any other mismatch round works.

There you guys go. It's not complete, but you should get the idea. Let me know if any issues occur as I have not be able to test it all out myself yet.

Edit #1

Try and skip snack/soup with meatballs/fish stew or meat skewers/fishball skewers with the grill.

Preferably fish at the beginning since budget will be an issue and catching rabbits takes a lot of time unless you're an expert rabbit wrangler.

Edit #2

Recipe Recommendations

Stone Soup

• 1 berry, 1 rock, 1 fern
  • 1 potato, 1 rock, 1 fern
  • 1 berry, 1 rock, 1 potato

Meatballs

• 1 meat scrap, 2 ferns
  • 1 meat scrap, 2 potatoes

Fish Stew

• 1 fish, 2 ferns
  • 1 fish, 2 potatoes

Meat Skewers

• 2 meat, 1 twig

Fishball Skewers

• 2 fish, 1 twig

Meat Stew

• 2 meat scraps, 2 potatoes
  • 4 meat scraps (if you have sufficient budget)

Crab Ravioli

• 1 crab meat, 1 flour, 1 milk, 1 mushroom
  • 1 crab meat, 1 flour, 1 milk, 1 onion

Equipment Requirements

• 3 silver plates
  • 2 silver bowls
  • 1 large cookpot
  • 2 red marks
  • Salt may be required if milk goes stale
  • Opening at least 2 safes is required for 3 silver plates/2 silver bowls
  • If you can't make it in time due to salt runs, reset if you get the tap/syrup safe on the 1st or 2nd keys

Master Jand    1534

Ok sooo

basic strat is

run wes!!!

Beginning: Buy 1 Cookpot and 1 Fishing Rod

#1: Fish Stew (1 Fish 2 Foliage) 

#2: Stone Soup (1 Rock 1 Berry 1 Foliage)

Get 1 Salt Rack

#3: Stone Soup

#4: Stone Soup

Do the salt run and hopefully get big pot (if not just keep doing stone soup) Also buy trap

#5: Meat Stew (4 small meat)

#6: Meat Stew 

#7: Crab Ravioli (1 Crab Meat 1 Milk 1 Flour 1 Mushroom)

#8: Crab Ravioli

#9 Crab Ravioli

Escape!

Extant    315
11 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Ok sooo

basic strat is

run wes!!!

Beginning: Buy 1 Cookpot and 1 Fishing Rod

#1: Fish Stew (1 Fish 2 Foliage) 

#2: Stone Soup (1 Rock 1 Berry 1 Foliage)

Get 1 Salt Rack

#3: Stone Soup

#4: Stone Soup

Do the salt run and hopefully get big pot (if not just keep doing stone soup) Also buy trap

#5: Meat Stew (4 small meat)

#6: Meat Stew 

#7: Crab Ravioli (1 Crab Meat 1 Milk 1 Flour 1 Mushroom)

#8: Crab Ravioli

#9 Crab Ravioli

Escape!

Pretty much unless if even each failure craving has differing rewards.

I know that I got 1 red mark for sure giving meat stew in a silver bowl on a fish craving. If you try and give it on a different craving and you don't get the red mark, let me know. We can figure out the strategy then.

Good luck, sir Jand!

EuedeAdodooedoe    1187

@Extant yeap, just figured this out myself. You forget one thing though. I guess you can just not open the gate for this, but then you're running the risk of not being able to get the pot quickly enough for the meaty stew. So this run doesn't seem to have a strat that will work 100% of the time. It's all in the RNG of the salt and the Mixed Seeds.

Werecrowe    133

I don't know how helpful/reliable this is, or if it's useful information at all, but I'm offering it just in case: 

In my experience, getting bread #2 and fish #3 will result in the syrup pot and tree tapping kits being in the safe hidden behind the carriage, and as for the pair of safes, the large cookpot will be in the left one. I don't know if this is just RNG or if the randomness of the safes are actually connected to cravings, so this is neither concrete nor a fact. I'm just throwing in my two cents! 

Extant    315
21 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Extant yeap, just figured this out myself. You forget one thing though. I guess you can just not open the gate for this, but then you're running the risk of not being able to get the pot quickly enough for the meaty stew. So this run doesn't seem to have a strat that will work 100% of the time. It's all in the RNG of the salt and the Mixed Seeds.

RNGesus is my public enemy #1 and I will do what I can to thwart it. Once I have sufficient free-time and the disconnection issue is fixed, I'll find a way to make it as painless as possible.

Thanks for the comment!

Edit #1

I almost forgot to mention, but you can save a lot of running time by simply dropping the 3 salt at the mealing stone until you have 9 of them. You might already know about this strategy though.

By harvesting the crystal as soon as it's done, it'll take about 7:30 once it's set up to have the 3 keys ready. The salt run itself should take about 1 minute with WX-78, and getting 3 meals ready should take about 2:30 minutes. That means you should have all the silver requirements by 11:00 minute mark.

I'll have to stress test this strategy myself and see how difficult it'll be on the meter by missing all the cravings, but this may work 100% of the time as long as your connection is okay and you've practiced a bit.

TheBlob    595

Just tried this with pals and 

1) Extant's guide DOES work

2) Indeed, meat stew and crab ravioli don't give you the right thing when mismatched to some cravings. in particular, gnaw really doesn't like being given something that's not a dessert when it wants a dessert and will downgrade a favor to a red mark or a red mark to a sapphire coin; we were able to get past this by having extra ingredients on hand and trying again, but I just wanted to mention it.

It might happen with other cravings but I myself only noticed this happening with dessert, so would tentatively recommend you give another stone soup or whatever's on hand for dessert if you can't risk wasting a stew/ravioli.

Extant    315
10 minutes ago, TheBlob said:

Just tried this with pals and 

1) Extant's guide DOES work

2) Indeed, meat stew and crab ravioli don't give you the right thing when mismatched to some cravings. in particular, gnaw really doesn't like being given something that's not a dessert when it wants a dessert and will downgrade a favor to a red mark or a red mark to a sapphire coin; we were able to get past this by having extra ingredients on hand and trying again, but I just wanted to mention it.

It might happen with other cravings but I myself only noticed this happening with dessert, so would tentatively recommend you give another stone soup or whatever's on hand for dessert if you can't risk wasting a stew/ravioli.

That's great. Yeah, Fluffy animal found out about dessert craving messing up red marks/favors. That's the only mis-match craving that won't work for them.

Fluffy also posted a guide on the general forums for it which is more optimal than mine.

I'll add a link to it to my prior post.

Master Jand    1534

It seems crab ravioli works on a lot... i mean a lot of different crave types.

I tried it out (but failed a lot due to big pot rng a lot) and crabvioli seems to work on pretty much every craving except for dessert! :)

As for meaty stew... if you get the pot on first safe you can give it to gnaw for meal after dessert (if it isnt soup), then immediately do another one after that.

So here's my guide for now:

Characters:

Wilson, Wes, Wx-78

Round 1: Fish Stew

To buy: 1 Cookpot Kit, 1 Fishing Rod

You'll need about 5 stone soups for this game, so fish for 2 fishes and pick one fern and cook it up.

Round 2: Stone Soup

To Buy: Salt Rack

Go for the regular recipe of 1 rock, 1 berry, 1 fern

Round 3: Stone Soup

Purchase a trap. Wes can herd rabbits while Wilson remains cooking.

Round 4: Stone Soup

No Purchases

If you don't get the big pot, you should probably end it now.

Round 5: Silver Meat Stew

Purchase 2 blue seeds and grow them. Use beef poop to grow 6 wheat, and then grind them.

Wilson murders all 4 rabbits in the spawn area and cooks it in the big pot. While this happens, Wes gathers the coins and buys 4 pigeons from Billy.

Round 6: Silver Meat Stew

To Buy: Crab Trap

Wes fishes for 3 fish and baits the trap to get 3 crabs. Do not murder them. Do not go on until you have 3 crabs.

Round 7: Silver Crab Ravioli

To Buy: Goat Milk

WX-78 gathers 3 mushrooms. Wilson will quickly cook 1 Crab Meat, 1 Milk, 1 Flour, and 1 Mushroom in the big pot, and drop the ravioli on the ground, which wes will then plate and snackrifice. This will repeat 3 times.

Round 8: Silver Crab Ravioli

See first ravioli

Round 9: Silver Crab Ravioli

See first ravioli

To Buy: Ancient Key

Plop that key right in the socket and say hoorah, 'cuz you finally did it.

Extant    315
9 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

It seems crab ravioli works on a lot... i mean a lot of different crave types.

I tried it out (but failed a lot due to big pot rng a lot) and crabvioli seems to work on pretty much every craving except for dessert! :)

As for meaty stew... if you get the pot on first safe you can give it to gnaw for meal after dessert (if it isnt soup), then immediately do another one after that.

So here's my guide for now:

Characters:

Wilson, Wes, Wx-78

Round 1: Fish Stew

To buy: 1 Cookpot Kit, 1 Fishing Rod

You'll need about 5 stone soups for this game, so fish for 2 fishes and pick one fern and cook it up.

Round 2: Stone Soup

To Buy: Salt Rack

Go for the regular recipe of 1 rock, 1 berry, 1 fern

Round 3: Stone Soup

Purchase a trap. Wes can herd rabbits while Wilson remains cooking.

Round 4: Stone Soup

No Purchases

If you don't get the big pot, you should probably end it now.

Round 5: Silver Meat Stew

Purchase 2 blue seeds and grow them. Use beef poop to grow 6 wheat, and then grind them.

Wilson murders all 4 rabbits in the spawn area and cooks it in the big pot. While this happens, Wes gathers the coins and buys 4 pigeons from Billy.

Round 6: Silver Meat Stew

To Buy: Crab Trap

Wes fishes for 3 fish and baits the trap to get 3 crabs. Do not murder them. Do not go on until you have 3 crabs.

Round 7: Silver Crab Ravioli

To Buy: Goat Milk

WX-78 gathers 3 mushrooms. Wilson will quickly cook 1 Crab Meat, 1 Milk, 1 Flour, and 1 Mushroom in the big pot, and drop the ravioli on the ground, which wes will then plate and snackrifice. This will repeat 3 times.

Round 8: Silver Crab Ravioli

See first ravioli

Round 9: Silver Crab Ravioli

See first ravioli

To Buy: Ancient Key

Plop that key right in the socket and say hoorah, 'cuz you finally did it.

This seems like the best speed-run route for the achievement! One thing to point out though.

Round #8 is always dessert, so you'd actually have to skip it and give crab ravioli on the 10th round provided it isn't cheese/pasta.

Good job, Jand! :wilson_goodjob:

axxel    1149
1 hour ago, Courage10000 said:

I did this exact strategy and I did not get the achievement.

Did you cook?