Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

EuedeAdodooedoe

RNGarlic doesn't like you

EuedeAdodooedoe    1187

image.thumb.png.0a1bd6dc71b00a13bcf2ca1c904d7f9a.png

I've looked through the recipe book, and it appears that you cannot serve any meal that you don't get a Red Mark from as a craving with a plate unless you have AT THE VERY LEAST a garlic. And getting garlic without having the gate open, if you're going to go for this achievement is you have to invest in...

MIXED SEEDS

Which have like what? 12% chance of appearing? Yeah, tried 8 mixed seeds, still no luck. I guess there's a reason this achievement would give a lot of xp, because it's entirely luck based.

Why do you need garlic? Because any lesser food, even like a Carrot Cake won't give you a saphire coin even on a plate if you serve it as a non-craving. You just get some old coins.

I am not even entirely sure if you even get a saphire coin from the garlic-required foods as a non-craving, and if you don't, well, then this achievement is impossible to do, but somehow I doubt that.

Extant    315
56 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Thalkas I guess RNGarlic has his Favorites :)

I think I've figured the strategy out, but I'm not 100% certain as I can't test it out myself due to the constant disconnections.

Here's my guesswork strategy. Also, it doesn't require garlic or any sapphire medallions for that matter.

No Craving Win (HOW?!)

EuedeAdodooedoe    1187
1 hour ago, Extant said:

I think I've figured the strategy out, but I'm not 100% certain as I can't test it out myself due to the constant disconnections.

Here's my guesswork strategy. Also, it doesn't require garlic or any sapphire medallions for that matter.

No Craving Win (HOW?!)

It does require RNG from the safes though. Don't get the pot at least on the second try, you won't have enough time for the ravioli and whatnot, will you?

Rogue_Ren    33

You don't even need to get a sapphire for this run.  Make fish stew first round, then stone soup every round he doesn't want soup/snack.  Get salt rack ASAP with Wes.  WX has to run those keys like a madman.  Once you have the large cookpot you can make meat stew & bowl it.  Use the red mark to get a slaughter kit and make 3 meat wellingtons, plate them, and DON'T give them to him if he's asking for dessert.  Just make more stone soup or something.  Then grab the key and get out of there.

It's a race of the clock and honestly I think this challenge is idiotic, but it's quite doable.

And now that you know you can get a favor off plated meat wellington even when he's not craving meat, you can cheese that in your other games too.

Because making that a thing was a good idea.....