Unvoluntary rollbacks after game freezes

xagal

I played to around day 65 or something without a single problem. All of a sudden my game would freeze, and i would have to force quit out. Afterwards, I would come back to everything where it just was, no lost progress, but the day would rollback. I have been stuck in permanent summer after rolling back like 4 times now. My game says day 71, but the save file says 87. I other words the game has rolled back 16 days in total now, but my progress is still intact. I can't stand this does anyone know what is wrong? This also began to occur as I starting using the caves, and the game typically freezes after I have exited the cave.

Attached I have a screenshot of this odd phenomina5b36e9b258d95_ScreenShot2018-06-29at10_18_54PM.thumb.png.addc819068385bd614d6e73607eb9da4.png

Sounds like the same issue I've been having for over 6 months now. I've had a thread going since January with no resolution yet.

Do you link your world with shipwrecked? On my games the seaworthy freezes even more often than the caves and with larger day losses.

YES i did link my world! I haven't even touched the shipwrecked part though. Sorry its been happening to you too hopefully we can try to get an answer. 

One thing that might be important, when i returned from what I felt like a 1-2 day journey in the caves, I returned to my aboveground base, and the fire was still burning, and my farms hadn't grown yet... Not sure if that is normal.

Maybe I will try just a RoG standalone run and see if the problem stems from shipwrecked.

Also i feel I should mention that when i play shipwrecked, the performance is significantly worse than playing RoG. Like not good frame rate.

If someone that can help needs logs or game data just let me know i will provide. i just really want this problem to be fixed it is crippling my game and I do find the game very fun apart from this.

@xagalWould you be able to reproduce the issue once more (as that will update your game log with the pertinent information) and provide us with your log.txt file? This will be in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

As well, could you provide us with the affected save file, so that we can try to reproduce it on our end. If you have Steam Cloud enabled for the game, your save files are located in \Steam\userdata\{unique ID}\{219740}\remote\survival_(number)

(Number) indicates the save slot as it is listed on your game's world menu.

I was having this problem a lot, and have made 2 changes that seem to help. As suggested, I started a game without Shipwrecked compatibility and I save my game as soon as I enter or leave the cave. I noticed that most of my hangs were within a minute of exiting the caves, so the entering is probably overkill. I'm now over day 200 with no problems, where I was crashing anytime after day 100 with a cave opened.

I also do the save before and after using caves and seaworthy. It does seem to help the majority of the time but not always.

Playing without Shipwrecked compatibility gets stale very quickly, I feel it's a large portion of the game.

Archived