Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

pedregales

Cravings have a hierarchy

Recommended Posts

pedregales    435

There is a hierarchy of cravings when a dish fulfills more than 1 craving, and the highest ranking craving will always give the best reward, give it on a lower level craving will give less rewards; if there are 2 cravings that share the same hierarchy, giving it as any will give the same rewards. But certain cravings share the same level of hierarchy. I don't have the full hierarchy yet, but at least for now, this seems to be true:

  1. Dessert. Is the highest ranking in the hierarchy, if a dish can be served as dessert. This is no surprise though.
  2. Snack and Soup (at least as far as I can tell they share the same hierarchy level). All dishes that can be given as snack or soup get their full potential when served as such (unless they are also dessert like in the case of Fistful of Jam). Yes, this means that serving Bread as a snack gives better rewards than as bread (derp).
  3. Everything else. Yes kinda weird to have that many clustered together... But yes, this means Grilled Cheese as cheese gives less reward than giving it as a snack (and much less, it goes from 1 red mark 8 old coins as snack to 1 sapphire medallion 9 old coins as cheese without silver plate, which means you are losing on a red mark for serving it as cheese). I gave Cheeseburger as bread and meat, it gave me it's full reward in both, still need to try as cheese, but I don't see why it would give me less seeing how it is a harder round, which means bread, meat and cheese (still need to test, but very likely that is the case) are in the same hierarchy level; and pasta and cheese are in the same level as I tried Mac'n Cheese as pasta and cheese and in both I got the same reward. I can also confirm that bread and veggie are in the same level as I gave Mushroom Burger as both: bread and veggie, for the same reward. 

This means, that if you want to get full potential of your dishes, you should know the cravings it satisfies, and how they work together (which one overtakes which), so you know better which dish to make for which craving. It also seems to affect bonus time, as in those matches I played by highest craving I felt I lasted for longer despite not using salt in any dish than in those where I gave something like Croquette in a veggie round (instead of giving it on snack round and giving it Roast Vegetables for that round). It may also affect points at the end of the match, but I never looked at that metric.

Many probably knew this was the case, but I thought it was a good idea to place it here as I don't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azuber    31

It has been mentioned several times that you can get different rewards for turning in the same dish on different cravings.

Interesting theory. However, I don't think evidence supports the conclusion that there is a hierarchy. Meat stew and Curry both give the same rewards as soup and as meat, and Mushroom burgers give the same rewards as bread and as veggies. These are examples against your proposed rules. The safer conclusion is to simply state that certain dishes give better rewards when they satisfy certain cravings. These can be checked in-game by inspecting with Wilson or Wickerbottom. They can also be checked in more depth on the 'rewards by craving' section of this google document by @Ressayez.

Happy Gorging!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    1149

Hi, I tried a "lucky" run which means I try to get 1 garlic seed in the first round and a veggie craving in the second round, aiming for 5 rounds to finish. I got the the desired garlic seed and the veggie round , 3rd was fish craving. Then in the 5th round I got veggie again I tried a silver bowled mushroom soup, dang, I got a red mark and old coins, not the favor. Seems that veggie rounds don't give the full reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Extant    315
3 minutes ago, axxel said:

Hi, I tried a "lucky" run which means I try to get 1 garlic seed in the first round and a veggie craving in the second round, aiming for 5 rounds to finish. I got the the desired garlic seed and the veggie round , 3rd was fish craving. Then in the 5th round I got veggie again I tried a silver bowled mushroom soup, dang, I got a red mark and old coins, not the favor. Seems that veggie rounds don't give the full reward.

You don't want to do mushroom soup for veggie craving. I believe onion soup gives a favor no matter what craving it is as long as it's in a silver bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    1149
1 hour ago, Extant said:

You don't want to do mushroom soup for veggie craving. I believe onion soup gives a favor no matter what craving it is as long as it's in a silver bowl.

I just tried again and realized that I needed a bit more coins to buy a pot station AND a big pot for onion soup. Anyway, my 5th craving was soup this time and I know that mush soup in a silver bowl gives you a favor. So maybe I was very lucky this time since I couln't figure a other way to finish under 6 dishes. Well what a shame that veggie cravings dissapear after a certain round.

 

5cravings.png

5cravings2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Extant    315
9 minutes ago, axxel said:

I just tried again and realized that I needed a bit more coins to buy a pot station AND a big pot for onion soup. Anyway, my 5th craving was soup this time and I know that mush soup in a silver bowl gives you a favor. So maybe I was very lucky this time since I couln't figure a other way to finish under 6 dishes. Well what a shame that veggie cravings dissapear after a certain round.

 

5cravings.png

5cravings2.png

Yeah, 5 dishes is an RNG nightmare. Congratulations on the run!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites