Is Mumsy senile, self-interested, or ambivalent?

minespatch

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

paid... wood?

It's called Capitalism.:wilson_sneaky:

They need the wood and salt for building materials. While the Gnaw produces the currency for the goats. Salt was considered a luxury during a certain time period. I don't blame the goats for using what little they can with what the gnaw produces. If you think about it, the Constant's "champions" acceleration of food-making is probably the most money the goats have seen in a long time.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's called Capitalism.:wilson_sneaky:

They need the wood and salt for building materials. While the Gnaw produces the currency for the goats. Salt was considered a luxury during a certain time period. I don't blame the goats for using what little they can with what the gnaw produces. If you think about it, the Constant's "champions" acceleration of food-making is probably the most money the goats have seen in a long time.

salt to build houses ? now explain mister artsy skeleton

8 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

The word “salary” was derived from the word “salt.” Salt was highly valued and its production was legally restricted in ancient times, so it was historically used as a method of trade and currency.

https://www.seasalt.com/history-of-salt

I guess the pigs are really REALLY traditional.:wilson_shocked:

14 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Manure is commonly used to build houses in poor countries, so as far as we know the pigs could do that. But, looking at them, it would seem that the goats have given them materials for their building efforts, so perhaps they where rather friendly.

I think I could give out a quick 'lil history lesson, which might help?

During Victorian times, there was a clear divide between upper and lower class peoples. Aristocrats, as seen in Mumsy, Billy, and our merm buddies, lived in rich elegance (silver plates, cool house rubble, b i l l y ' s   b i k e), whilst the lower-class laborers lived in poor conditions, and did unfavorable jobs (primitive fire & farm, poor houses). During the era, the Aristocrats becamed defined from their wealthy way of living, and most began to assert themselves as above the laborers, creating strictly divided social classes, and a cultural elitism in the upper class. 

Mumsy feels that she and others are superior to the pigs, so, she doesn't really help them, never talks about them to the survivors, and tbh she probably doesn't bring them along through the portal. :\

So when it comes to the pigs, she's not senile, self-centered, or ambivalent. She, as a part of the upper-class, is elitist towards the pigs.

On 1.07.2018 at 8:50 PM, Jynn said:

More like our actions makes the way out appear xD Mumsy talks about how if we do good enough, we might 'recharge the old key', which she has in her inventory. So she doesn't share the way out so much as let us purchase the key once it's charged.

I wonder why she's never managed to charge the key? She has the cookstations, the silver dishes, her fellow mermified-goats have the seeds and garden key. Everything you need to win the game can be gotten purely from all the goat NPCs, providing you have enough money and sapphire medallions. So i wonder what was keeping them from doing so?

They don't have Time to get ingredients for higher quality dishes also they could only make cheap meals simply to survive long enough without being mermified.

Archived