Sign in to follow this  
hwarnack

All my progress is gone

hwarnack    10

So my game saved last night I quit and now it started me back with Wilson. I made enough exp to use Wolfgang who I was using. Why did it do that? I have to start all over? I had everything unlocked and pretty far into the map I was playing. Whats the deal?

Edit: Please don't tell me its cause I cleared all data from hosted apps. I clear everything now and again.

Edited by hwarnack

Excess    53
Edit: Please don't tell me its cause I cleared all data from hosted apps. I clear everything now and again.

Unfortunately, yes, you wiped your savegame. I posted a while ago which option you should uncheck when clearing your browsing history so it doesn't affect the game, perhaps someone can find the link for me, I'm in a rush.

cptCalavera    616

If you choose the option to "Clear data from hosted apps" you will loose your savegame. So just dont do that when you are clearing stuff :)

I think that is the only one that is harmfull? Correct me if im wrong on that one.

hwarnack    10

Either way thats messed up. No other game in my life lost all my progress when I clean my history. This needs to be fixed.

JoeW    24,345

It's not a bug. Don't Starve would be the hosted app in this case, and unfortunately you chose to delete that apps data.

Through Chrome, we cannot save anywhere outside of where Chrome allows. So we have no way to avoid this from happening, nor would we try.

I am sorry that you lost your save game though. For the future, there might be a way to backup your savegame and then put it back after you run your scan. The team is checking it out and I will get back to you.

hwarnack    10

This is bogus really. All the games I have played and have on my computer I have never lost my progress after clearing my history on any of them. No one should have to remember to click that one box for this one game! Glad I didn't pay the 15 or more its projected to release at.

JoeW    24,345

I am sorry that you feel that way, and I understand your frustration.

You have to understand that Don't Starve being a Chrome web store game, means effectively that it is installed into chrome. If you choose to delete the application data that chrome has in it, you will lose that data. (That is what you want it to do)

Other games are installed to your system, in which case they wouldn't have data stored in your browser, and would not be affected by deleting browser application data.

The steam version however, will not only be saved to your system but it will save to Steam Cloud as well and be available anywhere.

Sign in to follow this