New paintings and sculptures for artistically inclined Duplies :D

10 hours ago, Ellilea said:

Thank you :)

The squares is Piet Mondian "Composition in Red Blue and Yellow", and Botticelli's "Birth of Aphrodite".

And the critter collection is mine cause I like critters and (aside of drekos) they're pretty damn cute :D

Thanks.

Please excuse me to link my previous suggestion about fanart frames here. This is exactly the kind of fanart i had in mind.

2 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Ok...Po(o)p art with hatches :wilson_ecstatic:

hatchwarhole.thumb.png.95b949649eaa83f0f27d24992e84499f.png

Make that a frontal instead of a profile and it might work. 

13 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

This is definitely going to get you an artist badge. I guarantee it. 

Hide contents

Especially if you post it over in the Dupe-A-Day, I know the devs are watching that thread.

Thanks, I'll look into it once I'm done fabricating these, but there's a bunch more I want to add :)

Meanwhile, I fixed the Girl a little, it rubbed me the wrong way. Also removed the undue finger from the Creation one. Wheops.

And as a short break from work I've made the "Authentic Duplicant Painting":

obBUgHf.png

And two of the noob-level artworks. Noobs need variety too!

Yt1o3wS.pngl9bXpUH.png

I just registered to tell you Ellilea, that your works are extraordinary. Klei should contact you immidiately and make some good financial offer to use those in their game.

Please create more, I love them.

I would love to see some rare paintings that show up in different mind sets. Like, if artist is at 75% stress, he paints dark and despair themed paintings, or something about being hungry or angry, if he's ill, he paints pollution related creatures and surrealism, or something disease or medicine related.

But it would be a shame to not be able to move them around the base.

8 minutes ago, avilmask said:

I would love to see some rare paintings that show up in different mind sets. Like, if artist is at 75% stress, he paints dark and despair themed paintings, or something about being hungry or angry, if he's ill, he paints pollution related creatures and surrealism, or something disease or medicine related.

But it would be a shame to not be able to move them around the base.

Survival simulators are passe. We playin' State of Human Psyche simulator now! :D

Jokes aside, that would be quite a unique touch to the game. Something that doesn't really affect the game play in any way, but once you notice it, you go "wow, really?"

15 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Jokes aside, that would be quite a unique touch to the game. Something that doesn't really affect the game play in any way, but once you notice it, you go "wow, really?"

Yep, little unimportant touches. Something to attract a little portion of your attention after a couple of hundreds of cycles. And in a way it leaves a story after itself. Every time you see that paintings you remember, what happened.

Achievement unlocked
"Starving artist"
Force a duplicant to finish a painting while he's hungry.

Could someone post a screenshot or whatever of all the sculptures available in the game currently? I can only find the lady with the huge ass dress in Google :< And only seen that in game. Is there not one other? What about ice? I didn't get to ice yet.

@watermelen671 You seem to screenshot the darndest things, including shine bug hellscapes. Do you have something like that perchance? :)

54 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Could someone post a screenshot or whatever of all the sculptures available in the game currently? I can only find the lady with the huge ass dress in Google :< And only seen that in game. Is there not one other? What about ice? I didn't get to ice yet.

@watermelen671 You seem to screenshot the darndest things, including shine bug hellscapes. Do you have something like that perchance? :)

What? Instructions not clear, performing asset dump:

Spoiler

icesculpture_0.thumb.png.bbb6f0b3cede3cd08cc0f93cc8affc0f.pngsculpture_0.png.034ddbddd404737da64595ee8ee593d2.png

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

Any famous sculptures you guys would like to see ONI-fied? Keep in mind the verticality of the block.

The shape doesn't lend itself to many.  Venus De Milo and David seem most obvious.    Ionic or Corinthian column?  Easter Island dupe head?  At the risk of trending too Rodin-centric, one of Rodin's dance related ones?  Not famous, but a western-themed ranch dupe riding a hatch or drekko might be fun.  Something art deco, involving wings if possible.  Maybe Sykes' Spirit of Ecstasy?  Or about any art deco guardian.

Sculpture ideas:  Nefertiti Bust, The Discus Thrower, Statue of Liberty, Vishnu, Ganesha, Anubis, Bubastis  all ONIized of course!

Painting ideas: The Son of Man, Woman With A Parasol by Monet

gotta run, love your work!!!  Do be sure to post in the ONI Art forum as well, would love to see some of yours on the Twitch feed.

A sculpture of a Dupe Holding up the Asteroid, the StaDupe of Liberty, that solid gold toilet that someone made.

Spoiler

Image result for sculpture of a toilet

You thought I was joking.

Maybe one of these statues we could put in the Rec Room:

Spoiler

worlds-most-creative-statues-4.thumb.jpg.1ff1e0a2e9766b33c95eb39f0840684c.jpg

Minus the uh...yeah. I could totally imagine a Dupe like Ada/Liera, or Bubbles/Banhi as the muse.

Archived