SpeedRun

troloform

6 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

Damn u beated my run, gg dude!

Thank you. But this is still far from perfect ... We will try to finish it in 7:30. :)

It is a pity that there is no rating "Speed Run" and TOP high levels ... :(

congrats and HOW? i guess i have to learn quite a bit. i was very proud when we beat the 9 minute mark as a group but with woodie and webber in it. i guess wicker is a game changer. if you got the time can you give us the list of meals you cook? i'm assuming veggie on 2 is a given for a time like that and fish on 6 shouldn't happen.

I got 9:30 after a few runs with a nice team. There's a 6:33 run on the high score board, though. I don't know how that's even possible! Many things simply can't be collected ahead of time due to currency or salt wait...

18 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

I got 9:30 after a few runs with a nice team. There's a 6:33 run on the high score board, though. I don't know how that's even possible! Many things simply can't be collected ahead of time due to currency or salt wait...

Luck is definitely required for the fastest time. They had Wes on the team so that should help fix budget issues.

As far as salt runs go, it's possible to complete a run with just 1 safe opened so you only have to wait for 1 salt to be done.

My guide is probably not the best fit for speed runs (especially in a group), but you could complete my 8 dish guide with the 1st safe opened.

i guess a bit of rng also plays a role.

my meal list was:

1 stone soup

2 potato soup

3 meat / fish stew

4 carrot cake

5 plated tomato soup

6 plated shooter sandwich / creamy fish

7 plated fettucine

8 scone

they are probably only opening one safe which should contain the big crokpot to cook pasta. we needed 2 silver plates and 1 silver bowl for the run to finish so it would be nice if the safe contains extactly them, but since you get a saphire coin after plating meal 6 if it's meat/bread you could just buy another plate if it's missing. meal 6 should be cheeseburger (meat/bread) i guess not shooter sandwich, pigeons can be bought a head of time to have everything ready for that. we were cooking the last 2 dishes at the same time to turn them in instantly after one another. could be possible to cook the last 3 dishes at the same time if they are cheeseburger for 6 on big grill, fettucine for 7 in big crokpot and trifle for 8 in big oven. each of the last meals only contains 1 goat milk so the red mark could pay for that but i dont know if there is enough money to buy all the big cooking stations at that point.

My run was similar, but for 7 we just used mac n' cheese (no garlic or big crock needed and megafast cooking) and 4 was fistful of jam, because we saved 2 coins not making carrot cake and it's faster/easier. That let us have 4 ready before 3 was even done. Wickerbottom's books are important for time save, I think.

You could also do either fettucine or mac n' cheese depending on what you get from the safe. 2 bowls or two plates.

If you get a big oven from the safe you can make all 3 final meals at once. Scone/trifle and shooter sandwich/meat wellington are interchangeable, having identical recipes but for either big oven or big grill.

Bagel n' fish is a potential swap for creamy fish, depending on whether you have another flour or would rather grow a vegetable, although again it requires big oven instead of a big grill.

Just now, Tumalu said:

My run was similar, but for 7 we just used mac n' cheese (no garlic or big crock needed and megafast cooking) and 4 was fistful of jam, because we saved 2 coins not making carrot cake and it's faster/easier. That let us have 4 ready before 3 was even done. Wickerbottom's books are important for time save, I think.

If you get a big oven from the safe you can make all 3 final meals at once. Scone/trifle and shooter sandwich/meat wellington are interchangeable, having identical recipes but for either big oven or big grill.

Bagel n' fish is a potential swap for creamy fish, depending on whether you have another flour or would rather grow a vegetable.

Bagel n' fish sadly doesn't give a favor for fish craving.

Oh, that's unfortunate. Good to know, though. It can be hard to tell these things. Also, edited that post noting that you can swap pasta recipes depending on whether you have a spare bowl or plate.

7 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Oh, that's unfortunate. Good to know, though. It can be hard to tell these things. Also, edited that post noting that you can swap pasta recipes depending on whether you have a spare bowl or plate.

I believe the most optimal route in my guide would go something like this.

Stone soup #1, potato soup #2, meatballs #3, fist full of jam #4, tomato soup #5, #6 scone, #7 macaroni and cheese, #8 trifle.

All the last 3 meals could be cooked at the same time.

You can either buy the large casserole dish from Pipton if you get the large cook pot safe (which has 2 bowls, 1 plate exactly what's needed for silver) or get the large casserole dish with 2 plates and 1 bowl, and turn in scone first to get an extra sapphire for another bowl.

Stone soup #1, potato soup #2, meatballs #3, fist full of jam #4, tomato soup #5, #6 scone, #7 macaroni and cheese, #8 trifle.

sounds about right, gold need for the ingredients would be 6/7g (2/3g for pigeon [#3], 1g tomato seeds [#5], 3g for 3x blue seeds [#6,#7,#8])

maybe there is gold to buy 1 potato seed so wx doesnt have to go to pig elder which could same quiet some time.

overall you get 48g for the first 6 meal (10g stone soup, 10g potato soup, 8g meatballs, 0g fist full of jam, 6g tomato soup, 4g scone) +10g starting gold

buyorder could be something like this, assuming wes buys cooking stations, salt rack and pigeon:

#1 starting with 10g:  crockpot -5g, potato seeds -1g, 3x blue seeds -3g = 1g left + 10g for stone soup

#2 starting with 11g: salt rack -7g, pigeon -2g = 2g left +10g for potato soup

#3 starting with 12g: oven -5g = 7g left + 8g for meatballs

#4 starting with 15g: buy nothing = 15g left + 0g, 1s for fist full of jam

#5 starting with 15g, 1s: garden key -1s, tomato seeds -1g, big grill -7g, big caseroll dish -3g = 4g left + 6g, 1r for plated tomato soup (all need items for gold have been bought at this point, so gold doesn't play any role by now)

#6 starting with 1r: goatmilk -1r = 1s for plated scone 

#7 starting with 1s: silver plate -1s if needed

correct me if you notice space to improve this is just my first plan on how to

20 minutes ago, nugget1337 said:

sounds about right, gold need for the ingredients would be 6/7g (2/3g for pigeon [#3], 1g tomato seeds [#5], 3g for 3x blue seeds [#6,#7,#8])

maybe there is gold to buy 1 potato seed so wx doesnt have to go to pig elder which could same quiet some time.

overall you get 48g for the first 6 meal (10g stone soup, 10g potato soup, 8g meatballs, 0g fist full of jam, 6g tomato soup, 4g scone) +10g starting gold

buyorder could be something like this, assuming wes buys cooking stations, salt rack and pigeon:

#1 starting with 10g:  crockpot -5g, potato seeds -1g, 3x blue seeds -3g = 1g left + 10g for stone soup

#2 starting with 11g: salt rack -7g, pigeon -2g = 2g left +10g for potato soup

#3 starting with 12g: oven -5g = 7g left + 8g for meatballs

#4 starting with 15g: buy nothing = 15g left + 0g, 1s for fist full of jam

#5 starting with 15g, 1s: garden key -1s, tomato seeds -1g, big grill -7g, big caseroll dish -3g = 4g left + 6g, 1r for plated tomato soup (all need items for gold have been bought at this point, so gold doesn't play any role by now)

#6 starting with 1r: goatmilk -1r = 1s for plated scone 

#7 starting with 1s: silver plate -1s if needed

correct me if you notice space to improve this is just my first plan on how to

That's about right, but potato soup for veggie craving on #2 actually gives 8 coins.

You'd still have enough budget with Wes to buy both a large grill and a large casserole dish in addition to the tomato seed from Pipton after the jam, so all 3 of the last meals can be cooked simultaneously.

In that case, getting the large cook pot with 2 bowls and 1 plate would be optimal for the speed run. I doubt getting the large casserole dish safe would hinder too much time though. You'd just have to turn in the scone first and pick up the medallion and purchase another bowl.

potato soup for veggie craving on #2 actually gives 8 coins

oh i just looked it up in the recipe book and it said 10 but you're right. how comes that the rewards differ from what is in the recipe book, noticed it serval times but still don't know why.

also i really want to play this strategy now and see how it works out. can't quite image when exactly the berrys and mushroom have to be picked and i think wx has to help with the farming quite a bit in order to be as fast as possible. i really enjoy this event the deeper i get into it, on the second day when i got all accomplishment i got quite bored with it but boy it has to offer some more hours of playing i haven't even thought about then.

1 minute ago, nugget1337 said:

oh i just looked it up in the recipe book and it said 10 but you're right. how comes that the rewards differ from what is in the recipe book, noticed it serval times but still don't know why.

also i really want to play this strategy now and see how it works out. can't quite image when exactly the berrys and mushroom have to be picked and i think wx has to help with the farming quite a bit in order to be as fast as possible. i really enjoy this event the deeper i get into it, on the second day when i got all accomplishment i got quite bored with it but boy it has to offer some more hours of playing i haven't even thought about then.

I think it'd be fine to pick the berries for the jam starting round #2 probably. Maybe even #1 if you're fast enough.

For the desserts, probably at round #4/5 since you should have more than enough wood by then. Wes will be busy buying stuff though so probably Wickerbottom or WX-78.

As for the differing rewards, the cravings affect what rewards the dishes will give. The Klei database only shows the best rewards anyone has gotten for that meal.

As long as the database shows that reward, at least 1 of the cravings that the food is accepted for gives it. Generally speaking (and this is not 100% true across the board), dessert, snack, and soup seems to usually give the best rewards the meal can give. Veggie, fish, and bread normally give less rewards.

Archived