[UPDATE] The Gorge on Consoles

7 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Hahaha I bet but I mean if you make some dishes yourself and earn yo then your the best Xbox gorge player for like 20 min.

Well, the game just horribly crashed, but yes lol.

EDIT : Well, apparently you cannot create a custom server, because it crashes when you click on "create match". No wonder I could not browse any servers.

32 minutes ago, MasterWolf said:

Well, the game just horribly crashed, but yes lol.

EDIT : Well, apparently you cannot create a custom server, because it crashes when you click on "create match". No wonder I could not browse any servers.

I was hoping I could buy the skins.

;(

• Developer

Both PS4 and XB1 versions should now be live. 

Unfortunately an error seems to have come up with XB1 custom matches that wasn't there when we were testing before submission. Solving this is out highest priority right now. Quick matches should still work.

45 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Both PS4 and XB1 versions should now be live. 

Unfortunately an error seems to have come up with XB1 custom matches that wasn't there when we were testing before submission. Solving this is out highest priority right now. Quick matches should still work.

Will we be able to buy skins in the future or is that just not in the cards for PS4 players

24 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Will we be able to buy skins in the future or is that just not in the cards for PS4 players

I assume @JoeW meant the skins went to get certified to their respective platforms (PS4 and Xbox). I would highly surprised if the PS4 skins were not going through certification right now.

• Developer

The skins are separate DLC packages that have to make their own way through First Party certification. Getting new DLC into the PSN/XBOne store takes a lot longer than getting a game update approved. We're calling this a learning experience and will try to get the timing better for the next event.

Als

6 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

The skins are separate DLC packages that have to make their own way through First Party certification. Getting new DLC into the PSN/XBOne store takes a lot longer than getting a game update approved. We're calling this a learning experience and will try to get the timing better for the next event.

Just letting you know the woodie skin when you look to the left or right with bee queen crown on part of Woodies head is cut off

Hey just a few issue's with ps4. 

1. It often crashes randomly.

2. struggle to find servers sometimes we have to re-log the game for them to appear.

3. no matter what we do ,we can not host or make custom match's so we have to join other peoples.

4. This update is great, but hopefully these bug's get resolved :) Hope content as great as this eventually finds its way into the main game! :D

• Developer

@NorthicaN 

Do you mean the second player's custom loading screen background is half rotated? If yes then i caught that late and it's already been fixed.

I'm looking into the other crashes today.

@Iamextreme

Thanks for the report, I'll pass that on to the skins folks. Which base skin are you using on Woodie, the Victorian?

@Scorpion badger

13 hours ago, Scorpion badger said:

2. struggle to find servers sometimes we have to re-log the game for them to appear.

The browser only shows servers that are available to join - people sitting in the lobby screen waiting for other players - so if there aren't a lot of people starting matches at the same time as you're searching then you won't see a lot of servers listed.

13 hours ago, Scorpion badger said:

3. no matter what we do ,we can not host or make custom match's so we have to join other peoples.

Can you use Quick Match at all? Can you describe what exactly the problem is with Custom Match? What text do you see in the dialog before the error?  What error message are you getting? Typically you should see "Determining Region", followed by "Requesting Server", followed by "Waiting for World", followed by "Connecting to server", at which point you should move to the Loading screen and then the lobby screen. See the attached video. 

Custom match.mp4

@MasterWolf

Are you still getting crashes if you try to create a custom match? It may have been fixed, but we'd like to get verification from someone.

23 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

@Scorpion badger

Our back end guys found a problem with the server creating custom matches in your region of the world.

It should be fixed now, can you try again?

I wanted to mention about the cave crash like when playing solo or as playier 1 in split screene the crash dosnt happen but when playier 2 goes in cave it happens. And we tried 3 times like 2 time i went before as playier 1 didnt happen then second playier followed it crashed third time playier 2 went first crash happened again

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

@Scorpion badger

Our back end guys found a problem with the server creating custom matches in your region of the world.

It should be fixed now, can you try again?

It is not fixed, we just tried to play custom split screen and it freezes and makes a weird buzzing noise after we try to create the game. We thought maybe it would work solo on custom match but it does the same thing. 

2 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@Curiousforever

You're having a different problem than the one mentioned above, and which may now be fixed (for PS4).

Your crash is unfortunately specific to XBOne and we're still looking into it. I'll update you when we have any news.

Please fix Quick Match, it's not quickly at all.. it always send you to a password protected server. 
m7S98Ou.jpg

and this happened when I tried to solo, it randomly switched to Russian language. I couldn't play because it was in Russian....

Dlt5tX_UcAEA9JZ.jpg

49 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

Please fix Quick Match, it's not quickly at all.. it always send you to a password protected server. 
m7S98Ou.jpg

and this happened when I tried to solo, it randomly switched to Russian language. I couldn't play because it was in Russian....

Dlt5tX_UcAEA9JZ.jpg

These are my two biggest issues right now. The quick match isn't a huge deal to me, however I can report the same thing as you. But joining servers where the host isn't using english is a really big deal because you can't read what dishes the gnaw wants. I don't mind playing with people who don't speak english in general, but in this game it's pretty incompatible. There should be a filter to only show games where the host is using english. I don't like leaving people stranded but whenever I join a game that the text isn't in english I just have to back out, I'm sorry to those people

• Developer

@Josonic @jesuisralph

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's not something that came up during our testing since we didn't have a large number and variety of servers in the active server pool. I'm looking at why QM putting you on you passworded servers, and the language problems.

From a quick glance I don't think there's a straightforward solution to QM putting you on a server with a mismatched language, you might just have to back out in that case. As for joining through the browser, you can currently check the server's language by looking at the tags. I'm going to add a popup warning if you try to join a server in another language, and longer term look at adding a language spinner to the filters.

Archived