[UPDATE] The Gorge on Consoles

On 8/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, CharlesB said:

Hey Everybody,

We have a date for you! The Gorge is coming to consoles on Aug. 27 for both Xbox One and PS4!

We have never run an event like this on console so it's taken us a bit longer than we expected. We're just finishing up, testing and getting through cert and we need to make sure we have all hands on deck for launch so that it goes as smoothly as possible.

We really appreciate your patience as we get everything together.

If you've never run an event like this on console.... why the heck would you attach hot fixes to it that have your customers waiting for MONTHS before they're able to play the game at all? Have you guys never run a hotfix on a console before? 

Glad to know you guys figured out how to make new things.... too bad you couldn't have had just a tad bit more effort in patching your mistakes (like world size huge). It's cool, crap out whatever "patch" you guys have so far.  Sure can't wait until I can actually play the game that I paid for.... like.... a year ago.

Pretty funny that you guys had someone come along in a post and say "hey i'm having this issue and my world size is huge" and you take two more months assuming the customer has been assisted... only to eventually realize "oh hey, maybe the issue is with the world size".

"Well how can we fix it? Oh I know! let's bundle this with something we've never attempted before! Our customers can wait on a stupid HOTFIX from us once we realize we don't know what we're doing"

image.thumb.png.10eefb7bbce8482b3cc214607ac236a5.png

13 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I don’t know what you mean with being fixed , but actually there is a update coming to don’t starve shipwreckt which include bug fixes as well, around next week.

If you enter the caves or ruins in RoG on console the game skips 2 seasons ahead and resets the hound and giant counters. They fixed it on Switch and PC months ago, but it's been plaguing PS4/Xbox for about 2 years.

8 minutes ago, greasystumps said:

If you enter the caves or ruins in RoG on console the game skips 2 seasons ahead and resets the hound and giant counters. They fixed it on Switch and PC months ago, but it's been plaguing PS4/Xbox for about 2 years.

Well hopefully it gets fixed . I don’t know about the details, but did you submit the bug to the don’t starve bugtracker and put [PS4] behind it.Because if they don’t fix that then you should definitely submit it. 

1 hour ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Well hopefully it gets fixed . I don’t know about the details, but did you submit the bug to the don’t starve bugtracker and put [PS4] behind it.Because if they don’t fix that then you should definitely submit it. 

Lol trust me it's been submitted countless times, maybe even the most submitted bug. I'm cautiously hopeful they are actually fixing it though as they say

6 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@greasystumps The update should include that fix.

What's going with Split Screen Co-Op? It's been so glitchy this week. Last week it was a little glitchy but this week it got worse...

-I'm not able to hear Hounds coming (there's no warning or sound at all.) I got mobbed a few times because there was ZERO sound and character warnings at all.

-I'm not able to hear Cave Worms coming either. (no sound or warning at all). 

Both glitch happens when one character is above ground and the other is in the caves. 

Also there's no fridge sound either (when you open the fridge/close the fridge... the sound is gone.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? This only started happening this week....

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I think the problem is not with Klei but sony and the other people running consoles. Klei has to go through a process of getting things approved by the companies of each console that it takes a while. If feel bad for both the devs and players.:wilsondisapproving:

I heard it isnt free for klei too, i heard every companies have to pay for making game updates or add new content

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

I think the problem is not with Klei but sony and the other people running consoles. Klei has to go through a process of getting things approved by the companies of each console that it takes a while. If feel bad for both the devs and players.:wilsondisapproving:

Sure but it makes sense that they want to both protect their consoles and insure a certain level of quality. I personally don't mind waiting a little longer, seeing as console updates "seem" to have less bugs then PC updates. I mean that in the sense of all games not any specific one. Don't get me wrong it is a double edged sword seeing that we'll still have bugs, and unfortunately it'll take longer for them to be addressed. Whereas PC tends to have a lot more bugs but can get quick fixes as soon as there completed.

Im super hyped for the event, you people juste got no idea !!!(insert nosebleed reference)

I got the chance to play a bit of the event on PC and i had alot of fun even if i didnt knew how to use the keyboard correctly ^^' I just cant imagine the fun i'll have on ps4 :)

For the event, i personaly wanna get those skins:

Wes full set~WX-78 full set Winona full set~Crockpot skin Fridge skin~Walking cane skin ~Axe skin   

What about you guys ? Hope you all we'll have a great time in the gorge and find new surviver with whom to cook :D

45 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Im super hyped for the event, you people juste got no idea !!!(insert nosebleed reference)

I got the chance to play a bit of the event on PC and i had alot of fun even if i didnt knew how to use the keyboard correctly ^^' I just cant imagine the fun i'll have on ps4 :)

For the event, i personaly wanna get those skin :

-Wes full set                                          -WX-78 full set                                       -Winona full set                                     -Crockpot skin                                       -Fridge skin                                            -Walking cane                                        -Axe skin   

What about you guys ? Hope you all we'll have a great time in the gorge and find new surviver with whom to cook :D

I'm quite worried actually, the console shipwreckt update should have been released last week and this one is almost over now as well. I hope this update isn’t delayed,im so hyped for this.

Archived