[UPDATE] The Gorge on Consoles

• Developer

Hi Everyone. I know you're all waiting for your turn to placate The Maw in Hell's Kitchen... er.. I mean The Gorge so I wanted to give you a quick update. We're currently hard at work bringing The Gorge to PS4 and Xbox One. Since this is our first console event there's a lot of additional technology that has to be developed and tested, including adapting the event for split screen play, localizing all the text, developing and deploying event servers, and handling DLC. We're hoping to bring this all together and have it in your hands to experience before the end of the PC event. Now I'd better get back to the kitchen before Chef asks for my apron.

Here's a taste of what we've got so far...hell's gorge.jpg

3 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

No offense but I kinda don't want this... I know supporting the developers boo hooo but then that means my elegants I earn from this event will have no value :(

I just want it bc my luck is terrible! I see how the loot loses its value tho

On 27/06/2018 at 6:10 PM, GetRektKids said:

No offense but I kinda don't want this... I know supporting the developers boo hooo but then that means my elegants I earn from this event will have no value :(

I totally get that point, but you see as the greedy collector that i am, i would really like to have all the skins! Having the trade off that everybody can have the opportunity to get them all doesnt mind me, cause when i would see someone with those skins i would remember the sweet time i had in the Gorge! #GonnaCollectThemAll

I leave for one moment, I've been playing for 3yrs dst none stop and regular ds since it was out for ps4,and trying also non-stop to get some skins i desire, i think ive only missed a total of 6-8 presents since the game came out, for those saying "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i gwant my warity value skins" 0_0 nonsense, I SAY!! 

KLEI plz sell all the skins and or make em weavable eventually, i want EVERYONE to have fun <(EVERYONE) vs a few peeps that want to be selfish 

btw i would be cursing to hell if i didnt like being on this site, that how much i care 0_0

19 hours ago, MisterPockets said:

I leave for one moment, I've been playing for 3yrs dst none stop and regular ds since it was out for ps4,and trying also non-stop to get some skins i desire, i think ive only missed a total of 6-8 presents since the game came out, for those saying "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i gwant my warity value skins" 0_0 nonsense, I SAY!! 

KLEI plz sell all the skins and or make em weavable eventually, i want EVERYONE to have fun <(EVERYONE) vs a few peeps that want to be selfish 

btw i would be cursing to hell if i didnt like being on this site, that how much i care 0_0

I wouldn't mind if they were all weavable, but i certainly don't want to see them "all" for sale. That would make the presents completely worthless, and would give me very little reason to play. At least if all of them become weavable then there is still a purpose for the presents system. 

And I wholeheartedly disagree with calling them or me selfish because we like that the skins offer a form of rarity to the game. Another possible solution would be to have every single skin unlocked in offline mode, then those that really want certain skins can have access to them just not online.

6 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

I wouldn't mind if they were all weavable, but i certainly don't want to see them "all" for sale. That would make the presents completely worthless, and would give me very little reason to play. At least if all of them become weavable then there is still a purpose for the presents system. 

And I wholeheartedly disagree with calling them or me selfish because we like that the skins offer a form of rarity to the game. Another possible solution would be to have every single skin unlocked in offline mode, then those that really want certain skins can have access to them just not online.

i play for fun, the game is great but i would have liked certain items for 3yrs now :/ never got them, and the game will probably shut down by the time i actually "get them"  "IF" i get them :( 

On July 2, 2018 at 7:07 PM, MisterPockets said:

i play for fun, the game is great but i would have liked certain items for 3yrs now :/ never got them, and the game will probably shut down by the time i actually "get them"  "IF" i get them :( 

And that is why i wouldn't mind if they were all weavable, i am similar, i love the game and i also love the gift system. It is flawed, but yet gives me that much more of a reason to keep playing. If i got all the skins i wanted i would eventually stop playing, because of all the other good games out there that i have neglected because of my obsession with this one.

So i still think;

weavable=OK

access to all through money=more broken then the current system.

34 minutes ago, Marco Livio said:

I just wanted to be able to play, but by the way it will take a lot of time for klei to start to value who values her on the consoles, sad that

I'm sure it is a smaller following that that of the PC. They seem to be working on the console port of the Gorge pretty heavily tho!

7 hours ago, Marco Livio said:

I just wanted to be able to play, but by the way it will take a lot of time for klei to start to value who values her on the consoles, sad that

The fact that they need more time to port the Gorge doesn't mean that they don't value console players. Instead of pushing the event asap let's hope they'll be able to fix those server issuses we PC players had at the beginning (and now again, after significant update). You wouldn't have much fun if you were disconnected and lost progress each time you try to win the Gorge.

Archived