Billy is girl?!

sosiskaKi

No joke. I mostly playied willow in gorge and when i passed Billy i examined her with her she said something: Eh she does eat everything? It means willow called Billy a SHE. No joke i told other like wtf Billy is a girl. Lmao

15 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

No joke. I mostly playied willow in gorge and when i passed Billy i examined her with her she said something: Eh she does eat everything? It means willow called Billy a SHE. No joke i told other like wtf Billy is a girl. Lmao

the goat (la cabra) female pronoun (pronombre femenino), it's strange, but that's what I think

1 hour ago, leomunoz said:

the goat (la cabra) female pronoun (pronombre femenino), it's strange, but that's what I think

WAXWELL.QUAGMIRE_GOATKID = "She has no future ahead of her. A shame.",
WILLOW.QUAGMIRE_GOATKID = "She'll eat just about anything.",

the only strings that call her a female, so if that's correct, is billiam a female name?

"Based on popular usage, it is 1.968 times more common for Billiam to be a girl's name."
o.o apparently yes

55 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

WAXWELL.QUAGMIRE_GOATKID = "She has no future ahead of her. A shame.",
WILLOW.QUAGMIRE_GOATKID = "She'll eat just about anything.",

the only strings that call her a female, so if that's correct, is billiam a female name?

"Based on popular usage, it is 1.968 times more common for Billiam to be a girl's name."
o.o apparently yes

Billiana should have been better, don't you think?

43 minutes ago, leomunoz said:

Billiana should have been better, don't you think?

Billiana? I...don't think that's a real name. Billy is a name used for both genders/sexes (inb4 the SJWs come knocking at my door) 

Anyways, here's what I found for Billy:

Spoiler

9ba72603958f84dfcdf4ed9fabebf89a.png

2 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

I have a female friend called Biljana (serbian name), we always call her Billy.

Still not the same as Billiana. I literally Google searched it and came up with squat.

Spoiler

Well, just a whole bunch of Baby sites that don't even say what the name means despite proclaiming that's what it'll do...

And a whole bunch of news articles about a baby born during Cyclone Debbie.

Spoiler

Meanwhile Biljana...

image.thumb.png.1085aace8a672c4708f976c57cfa787d.png

I remember a character in some Enid Blyton book that had the nickname Bill for her full name Wilhelmina too, so it's certainly a similar name and nickname used before in old timey times. If we get Billy as a playable character that might be her name instead to keep with the w trend. It could be a subtle way to hint that she could be playable later through her name.

edit: it was Enid Blyton and not Roald Dahl lmao... Wilhelmina from Malory Towers was the character I was thinking of.

6 hours ago, Atkvin said:

I remember a character in some Roald Dahl book that had the nickname Billy for her full name Wilhelmina too, so it's certainly a name and nickname used before in old timey times. If we get Billy as a playable character that might be her name instead to keep with the w trend. It could be a subtle way to hint that she could be playable later through her name.

I need a billy goat chara in my life, please Wilhelmina, you're my only goat.

This is a funny thing, but that most recent update from yesterday changed Willow and Maxwell's lines to refer to Billy as male now ("She'll eat just about anything!" to "He'll eat just about anything." for Willow and "She has no future ahead of her. A shame." to "He has no future ahead of him. A shame." for Maxwell, respectively). I guess Billy was supposed to be male originally, then got changed to female, then back to male (or something like that). I guess we'll have to ask on the DST-related episode of RWP.

Poor Billy. All she, he, it ever wanted to do was to play hide & seek at inopportune moments and distract people from slaving away at the mealing stone by offering them pigeons as portable companions.

Archived