Fastest way to xp ?

_index

On 6/21/2018 at 8:19 PM, Hakuame said:

I played with my other 2 friends, and it only gave me 1440exp from playing with friend bonus. I tried to duo with 1 of my friends, and it also gave me 1440exp.

0.8 * 30 * 60 * 2 = 2880exp, I only get half of it. So I think the friend bonus exp only give you 0.8exp/s? It doesn't matter there are 2 or 3 players in your team, it does not multiply.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, Zombrie said:

Ah, so if that's the case, you just need to play with 1 friend. good to know :) 

that isn't it the maximum xp you get from playing with friends is 1440 no matter how many you're playing with.

if you are going for 30 mins runs then it is ok to play with 1 friend but if you going for speedruns you need 2 to get as much xp as you can

40 minutes ago, Hakuame said:

this is not a speed run post. this is a "how to get maximum exp to lvl up" post

yes that is why I said if.

and this thread concluded that speed runs are the fastest way to get xp as itspizzaTime calculated:

On 6/20/2018 at 3:15 PM, ItsPizzaTime said:

The limit for xp bonus gained on time spent in game is 7.2k and reaches this at 30 minutes spent in game.

The limit for xp bonus gained from favor is 1k and reaches this at 1k favor.

I've found getting a 30 min game finished with 2 other friends meeting these requirements and the others mentioned

can net around 16-18k xp per 30 minute game.

Completing runs as fast as possible with the same bonuses (obviously minus the appeasement bonus and time bonus) gets me anywhere between 6k-8k. I can usually finish these between 11 - 14 min (depending on whether bread is 2nd and how many times i get fish) with my fastest being around 10 mins.

also now that you get more appeasement points from food you can get 1400 from 8 meals.

Well, it's been over 10 days since The Gorge event officially launched so I'm sure a lot of people are looking to gain experience now. I've re-calculated everything including the new way appeasement works and this is my finding.

The fastest way to get EXP is to chain speed-run in a 3-person group no matter what the circumstances are. If you're curious as to the math behind this (and I won't blame you for running away from the M word), here it is.

Let's compare a 30 minute run (since time EXP declines after 30 minutes) to a 6 minute speed-run.

30 minute run = 11,190 EXP

• Time = 7,200 EXP
  • Friends = 1,440 EXP
  • Appeasement = 1,000 EXP
  • No Duplicate Survivors = 100 EXP
  • Sapphire = 100 EXP
  • Red Mark = 150 EXP
  • Gnaw's Favor = 200 EXP
  • No Failed Offering = 250 EXP
  • No Repeat Meals = 250 EXP
  • Victory = 500 EXP

6 minute run = 4,278 EXP

• Time = 1,440 EXP
  • Friends = 288 EXP
  • Appeasement = 1,000 EXP
  • No Duplicate Survivors = 100 EXP
  • Sapphire = 100 EXP
  • Red Mark = 150 EXP
  • Gnaw's Favor = 200 EXP
  • No Failed Offering = 250 EXP
  • No Repeat Meals = 250 EXP
  • Victory = 500 EXP

Doing five 6 minute runs would net you 22,390 EXP (the extra 1,000 EXP is from the consecutive match bonus x4) which is slightly more than twice as much as one 30 minute run would give.

Even when factoring in the daily match bonus which gives 0.8 EXP bonus per second played for the first match of the day, it's still better to speed run than do a 30 minute run.

Of course, we choose how we want to play and pick the pace at which we'd like to progress at. If chain speed-running tires you out, it'd probably be better to simply have a longer, relaxing run filled with funny dialogue and shenanigans. Play as you'd like.

I just wanted to give the community clear information on what the best path would be in order to help them get the most out of their time spent on this event.

I hope everyone's having fun and good luck opening your chests!

5 minutes ago, whismerhill said:

ugh I hate speedrunning so much

this is a disappointment. Thanks for all the research

Aw, don't worry about saving every second then. You can still do relatively quick runs in succession, but without being absolute try-hards.

To be fair, those were two extreme comparisons I made. Usually most average 3-person groups finish in around 10-12 minutes I guess these days. You'll get less experience for 10-12 minute versus 6 minutes, but not that much less.

I attempted my first couple speed-runs ever and made it to #3 (technically #4) on the leader board, but having to make a solo run in 10:22 compared to my usual 14:48 run was much harsher and more stressful. I would need a break after just an hour of doing that.

Steadiness is more vital for the long-run than quick bursts. Have fun and don't stress yourself too much!

Archived