Fastest way to xp ?

_index

I don't know about the time to experience rate, but I'll take a look into that as that's a very good question to ask.

Aside from grinding games, have you already gotten most if not all of the achievements? They're definitely the best way to gain experience and shooting to get as many of them in a single match is the best for certain.

Oh, wow, I thought completing all the achievements would get you to the max or close to the max level. I just finished a game right now and as soon as I run my 2nd match, I can compare the time experience difference and give you a mathematical estimation.

Actually, it might be more fun to just dance the whole solo match so there's a big difference to compare the time x experience rate to.

Okay, so it seems that the game calculates time experience by giving the player 4 experience per second the match has.

I'm not sure how many bonuses there are and I didn't pay attention to how much experience each one gave, but knowing the time to experience ratio should help to determine which bonuses are worth getting when comparing their rates to the time it takes to get them.

If anyone feels like letting us know how much experience each bonus gives (excluding achievement ones), feel free to let us know.

So we have the victory bonus, time bonus, cravings satisfied bonus, red mark obtained bonus, sapphire obtained bonus, and favor obtained bonus. I think that's all tell me if im missing one.

I'll do another test run to see how much bonus each of them give and let you know what I find.

Well, that was intense trying to memorize every single experience amount given by each bonus in 1 go...

I think I should be right on these amounts, but I can't be 100% certain. The text went flying so fast I hardly had time to memorize it all. When I get some more runs in later, I can edit my post to be 100% accurate.

Sapphire medallion bonus: 100 EXP

No duplicate survivors bonus: 100 EXP

Red mark bonus: 150 EXP

Favor bonus: 200 EXP

No failed recipes bonus: 200 EXP

No repeat recipe bonus: 250 EXP

Victory bonus: 500 EXP

From what I can tell, it's most efficient to go for a victory run as fast as possible with no failed recipes, no repeat recipes, and no duplicate characters.

I didn't get to calculate the appeasement bonus well, but I got 208 appeasement for 8 dishes. That means each dish probably varies from being worth around 20-30 points or so which is about 5-8 seconds worth per dish given. It always takes more than 5-8 seconds to cook a dish, so making more dishes to extend the timer doesn't make sense since the other bonuses don't stack (such as sapphire or red mark).

Alright so that's interesting. If we add all that up, it makes for 1,6k xp. Basically next to nothing. We'll have to add time bonus here, and see if it's better to go for 50+ dishes or just speedrun the whole thing. I'll try both.

The 1,600 EXP equates to 6 minutes and 40 seconds of match time. None of the experience bonuses, excluding cravings satisfied, multiply even if you get more of them. Assuming cravings satisfied is the appeasement bonus, it's not worth giving more meals even in a 3 person group as such.

The 1,600 EXP also gets bigger compared to the time experience the faster you can run it. Time experience is not a factor as you get the same amount every second and it's always given. I believe that using co.op's 6 dish win strategy in a group of 3 with no duplicate characters is the fastest way to grind EXP.

On a side note, I don't mean to sound harsh or patronizing. In fact, I'm trying to help save you valuable time as it's something you can never get back. Good luck grinding and don't let The Gnaw starve!

3 minutes ago, Wyvernal said:

i rechecked red mark is 150. And thank you :)

That's probably what was the missing 150. I guess I miscounted the experience bonuses. Thank you for the clarification and I edited my post to reflect that.

Unlocking all recipes and achievements take priority for getting XP (I've seen recipes go for 500 and 2500 XP) 

No silver linings and No salt added bonuses aren't repeated once you got them as an achievement

If you do things right, you'll get the constant XP from these:

• No Duplicate Survivors - 100
  • Sapphire Medallion Earned - 100
  • Red Mark Earned - 150
  • Gnaw's Favor Earned - 200
  • Victory - 500 (Daily Victory - 750)
  • No Repeat Meals - 250
  • No Failed Offerings - 250
  • If you guys don't disconnect from the server you will also get: Consecutive Match Bonus - 250 (in your succeeding runs)

These additional XP varies however:

• Appeasement Points Bonus - same as Appeasement Points in game, stops at 1000 XP - confirmed, varies with the dishes
  • Playing with Friends - with 3 friends, maximum of 1440 XP
  • Time Bonus - 4 XP/sec - 7200 is the max time bonus that you can gain, it means you only need to play for 30 minutes - confirmed

I think Extant is right, and to maximize EXP/hr you most likely should:

• Play with friends (or at least add everyone as a friend for this event)
  • Use 3 different characters
  • Stick to one server and play more than once consecutively
  • Don't duplicate meals
  • Satisfy what Gnaw wants (Don't miss anything)
  • Make sapphire, red mark and favor meals
  • Win
  • Stay in game for 30 minutes for the maximum time bonus (I'm not sure now if winning as fast as you can is better XP/hr)
  • Find meals that can get 1000 Appeasement Points within the given time frame

If anyone can enlighten me on how many appeasement point bonus is calculated in dishes, please share :) And If there are any changes to what I have written please tell me, thanks!

Thanks to Extant and ItsPizzaTime for the extra info and confirmation!

The limit for xp bonus gained on time spent in game is 7.2k and reaches this at 30 minutes spent in game.

The limit for xp bonus gained from favor is 1k and reaches this at 1k favor.

I've found getting a 30 min game finished with 2 other friends meeting these requirements and the others mentioned

19 hours ago, Zombrie said:
  • No Duplicate Survivors - 100
  • Sapphire Medallion Earned - 100
  • Red Mark Earned - 150
  • Gnaw's Favor Earned - 200
  • Victory - 500
  • No Repeat Meals - 250
  • No Failed Offerings - 250

can net around 16-18k xp per 30 minute game.

Completing runs as fast as possible with the same bonuses (obviously minus the appeasement bonus and time bonus) gets me anywhere between 6k-8k. I can usually finish these between 11 - 14 min (depending on whether bread is 2nd and how many times i get fish) with my fastest being around 10 mins.

The daily victory bonus is 750 EXP. The victory bonus for 500 EXP I mentioned earlier is for escaping with the key instead of being mermified.

Alright, as it seems that more people have been getting interested in finding the best ways to grind for experience, I did some research into what is variable when it comes to experience and what isn't. Here's what I found out.

EXP Variables

• Appeasement Point Bonus

This is the experience gained from offering The Gnaw meals. Each one gives different appeasement points depending on what dish they are, whether they're fresh, stale, spoiled, and whether or not it has a silver plate/silver bowl.

• Time = 4 EXP per 1 second of match time up to a maximum of 30 minutes of match time

Usually this experience is a constant 4 EXP for 1 second of match time, but I've heard people say that it starts to decline and gives less after 30 minutes of match time thus it technically is variable to a degree.

EXP Non-variables

• No Duplicate Survivors = 100 EXP
  • Sapphire Medallion Earned = 100 EXP
  • Red Mark Earned = 150 EXP
  • Gnaw's Favor Earned = 200 EXP
  • No Failed Offerings = 250 EXP
  • No Repeat Meals = 250 EXP
  • Victory = 500 EXP
  • Consecutive Match Bonus = 250 EXP
  • Weekly Match Bonus = 500 EXP
  • Daily Victory Bonus = 750 EXP
  • Daily Match Bonus = 0.8 EXP per 1 second of match time
  • Playing With Friends = 0.8 EXP per 1 second of match time per friend (only applies once so 1 or 2 friends doesn't matter but more people can make the run faster)

Basically what this means is that the most effective method of grinding experience would be the following.

1. If it's your 1st match of the day, try to aim for 30 minutes of match time (since daily match bonus only applies once per day to maximize its bonus without the declining time EXP bonus)
  2. Play with 3 people
  3. Don't have duplicate characters in the group
  4. Don't repeat meals
  5. Don't give failed meals
  6. Get 3 favors and escape as soon as possible for each match after the daily match bonus (sapphire, red, and favor EXP does not stack if more are obtained)
  7. Do not exceed 30 minutes of match time
  8. Give The Gnaw the best meals with silver plate/bowls for maximum appeasement bonus
  • No one really knows how much appeasement each meal gives at the moment

If anyone has any other bonuses or additional information to share with us, please feel free to do so.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Extant said:

The daily victory bonus is 750 EXP. The victory bonus for 500 EXP I mentioned earlier is for escaping with the key instead of being mermified.

Alright, as it seems that more people have been getting interested in finding the best ways to grind for experience, I did some research into what is variable when it comes to experience and what isn't. Here's what I found out.

EXP Variables

• Appeasement Point Bonus

This is the experience gained from offering The Gnaw meals. Each one gives different appeasement points depending on what dish they are, whether they're fresh, stale, spoiled, and whether or not it has a silver plate/silver bowl.

• Time = 4 EXP per 1 second of match time up to a maximum of 30 minutes of match time

Usually this experience is a constant 4 EXP for 1 second of match time, but I've heard people say that it starts to decline and gives less after 30 minutes of match time thus it technically is variable to a degree.

EXP Non-variables

• No Duplicate Survivors = 100 EXP
  • Sapphire Medallion Earned = 100 EXP
  • Red Mark Earned = 150 EXP
  • Gnaw's Favor Earned = 200 EXP
  • No Failed Offerings = 250 EXP
  • No Repeat Meals = 250 EXP
  • Victory = 500 EXP
  • Consecutive Match Bonus = 250 EXP
  • Weekly Match Bonus = 500 EXP
  • Daily Victory Bonus = 750 EXP
  • Daily Match Bonus = 0.8 EXP per 1 second of match time
  • Playing With Friends = 0.8 EXP per 1 second of match time per friend

Basically what this means is that the most effective method of grinding experience would be the following.

1. If it's your 1st match of the day, try to aim for 30 minutes of match time (since daily match bonus only applies once per day to maximize its bonus without the declining time EXP bonus)
  2. Play with 3 people
  3. Don't have duplicate characters in the group
  4. Don't repeat meals
  5. Don't give failed meals
  6. Get 3 favors and escape as soon as possible for each match after the daily match bonus (sapphire, red, and favor EXP does not stack if more are obtained)
  7. Do not exceed 30 minutes of match time
  8. Give The Gnaw the best meals with silver plate/bowls for maximum appeasement bonus
  • No one really knows how much appeasement each meal gives at the moment

If anyone has any other bonuses or additional information to share with us, please feel free to do so.

May i ask why playing with 3 people is needed?

It's not needed, but it does maximize the experience gain since the optimal route (after the first match of the day) is to win as soon as possible.

With 3 people, you can win faster than solo and you get 0.8 EXP per second played with each additional friend. That means in a group of 3, you get 1.6 EXP per second bonus as well as completing the match faster.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Extant said:

It's not needed, but it does maximize the experience gain since the optimal route (after the first match of the day) is to win as soon as possible.

With 3 people, you can win faster than solo and you get 0.8 EXP per second played with each additional friend. That means in a group, you get 1.6 EXP per second bonus as well as completing the match faster.

ah good to know.

1 minute ago, Zarklord said:

ah good to know.

As an additional note to those newer players, wow, does unlocking the last recipes give massive EXP bonus. I just gained 5,000 EXP from making Caramel Cube for the first time.

11 minutes ago, Extant said:

With 3 people, you can win faster than solo and you get 0.8 EXP per second played with each additional friend. That means in a group of 3, you get 1.6 EXP per second bonus as well as completing the match faster.

9 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

ah good to know.

Yea, it's basically a ideal XP/hr scenario for a run. People can solo or duo the game so some people will afford 1-2 other "friends" to AFK. Currently there is no XP benefit for solo runs.

I played with my other 2 friends, and it only gave me 1440exp from playing with friend bonus. I tried to duo with 1 of my friends, and it also gave me 1440exp.

0.8 * 30 * 60 * 2 = 2880exp, I only get half of it. So I think the friend bonus exp only give you 0.8exp/s? It doesn't matter there are 2 or 3 players in your team, it does not multiply.

27 minutes ago, Hakuame said:

I played with my other 2 friends, and it only gave me 1440exp from playing with friend bonus. I tried to duo with 1 of my friends, and it also gave me 1440exp.

0.8 * 30 * 60 * 2 = 2880exp, I only get half of it. So I think the friend bonus exp only give you 0.8exp/s? It doesn't matter there are 2 or 3 players in your team, it does not multiply.

Ah, so if that's the case, you just need to play with 1 friend. good to know :) 

2 hours ago, ItsPirrip said:

I saw a player on a twitch stream with level 200. Does XP expand per lvl as you level up? or does it stay the same?

oh my..who? from my experience the amount of XP received doesn't scale per level. he must have done numerous runs for him then.

On 6/21/2018 at 12:54 PM, Zombrie said:

oh my..who? from my experience the amount of XP received doesn't scale per level. he must have done numerous runs for him then.

I dont recall the name, he was joining one of ClwnBaby's stream run.

Update: As you level up, the amount of XP to level the next level does scale up.. Just noticed the difference :/

Archived