8 Dish Gorge Solo Guide - RNG-Proof/Non-Character-Specific

Extant

Hello, everyone. I updated my guide and added ways to get the tree hugger and meaty neglect achievements using this strategy.

I'm pretty sure not many people would have issues getting tree hugger, but it's simply following my regular 8 dish guide but without using logs.

As for the meaty neglect achievement, I added an altered route towards the bottom which should be 100% RNG proof/non-character specific.

I'm fairly certain it should work, but if anyone runs into any budget issues for the meaty neglect achievement when not using a Wes character, let me know.

Happy achievement hunting!

3 minutes ago, JUSUSG94 said:

Thanks for all the information it really helps. I'm trying to do the no craving "Never satisfied" challenge but I keep failing, I don't know what to do to win by failing. Got any ideas?

That achievement is probably the hardest 1 to get in the game as of now.

I would highly recommend using Fluffy animal's guide below with at least 1 friend to help. 3 person team is best.

Escape without satisfying any cravings achievement guide

If you can't find anyone to play with and you're trying to get it solo, I'll be working on finding a way to get it alone eventually.

Basically solo is the same as Fluffy animal's route. However, you will only have time for 2 salt runs alone which means that you need to get both the large cook pot and large casserole dish by opening 2 safes.

If you ever get the tap/syrup safe, you'll have to reset.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Extant so very very very much!!!! I have tried different guides with no success. I used your guide and finally won!!!!! Yay. 

I appreciated the level of effort you put in to explain everything in detail, and also to have the briefer summaries. I am so thrilled.

I am now sharing your guide with others because it rocks, and you are awesome.

2 hours ago, Chief Beef said:

After the 5th meal, I can't find any red marks. Am i supposed to use the plates on earlier dishes?

The tomato soup (which should be the 5th meal) needs to be put in a silver bowl before you offer it in order to get a red mark.

If it was in a silver bowl and you didn't get a red mark, it might've been stale/spoiled by the time you gave it to The Gnaw.

Pretty much all meals beginning the 5th need to be in a silver bowl/plate except for the last 8th meal.

I hope that clears up your question! Good luck and I'm sure you'll succeed!

Hi, everyone. It's been a while since I updated the guide but the event is nearly over and there isn't much to add or change.

There is now at least 1 guide on every single achievement in The Gorge currently available and I have added links to the remaining achievements that my guide won't obtain.

This is probably going to be my last update before the event ends and it's a small but potentially helpful 1. I have re-organized and removed whatever I felt was not necessary information anymore. It should be easier to navigate through my first post now.

Final words and thoughts

This was my very first limited time DST event that I had the honor of joining. Although I have only joined 1 team in the entirety of the BETA, and the official release, I had a lot of fun interacting with all of you on the forums and doing what I could to help everyone out with whatever questions I could answer.

I guess I probably won't be as active on the forums anymore for a while, but it was a wonderful start and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the Klei community.

Thank you @Amiexa for creating the GORGE Help & Recipe Thread which aided me greatly during the BETA where I began my struggles and search for knowledge pertaining to this event! Thank you @co.op for making the first guide on the 7 dish achievement on the Klei forums! Thank you @Zarklord for discovering the safe manipulation trick as well as sharing other helpful insights into the game's deeper mechanics and for being my leader board buddy! Thank you @Fluffy animal for being co.op's solo leader board rival and for showing us what solo Gorge players are capable of alongside co.op! Thank you @Azuber for sharing even more information regarding The Gorge! Thank you @HamBatter for helping us with the confusing math behind the rewards logic! Thank you @Boriya for being the first person to record a video of my strategy and for creating guides of his own! Thank you @NeddoFreddo for making another video using a newer version of my guide! Thank you @Electroely for helping me to be 100% sure of the craving to reward theory and for being a good sport! Thank you @dongianizoo for the no silver lining video guide and for mentioning me in their thread!

As it seems I've reached the limit for how many people I can tag in my post, I'd like to give 1 final thanks to all of these people who are just as equally awesome for their contributions and communication!

Thank you Ressayez, orian34, Loredore, S19TealPengiun, ZomBKiller, yklsn, boye, SDragonhead, Werecrowe, YumoS, TheBlob, Hirramai, Squats, vixenine, DragonMage156, Hunterluz, Captain_Rage, Swag Master69, Elyosa, yourbee, Athena Tennosu, minespatch, Koraxx, Soulk, Quoth143, Cryingsin21, ooheee, MatheusR31, pipimimi, PuffinBy, Queron81, FreyaMaluk, Zombrie, MilesUpshore, Jynn, Swollson, Lakurius, ItsPizzaTime, Boletus, timeexplorers, SavageLemon, axxel, Atkvin, whismerhill, pedregales, ItsPirrip, Rellimarual, Mr. Matt, CynicalChaos, CaptainChaotica, MayoiMajesty, yektako, Maslak, EzLo54, Chiseledquartz27, Szczuku, evered, Sinister_Fang, collect12, Raspberry Milk, DatShadowJK, DarithD, Luffy35, Xedlord, Maris, minreaV, coures, SkyToFly, Mr Pig, watermelen671, Mindkontrol, fimmatek, Zilvr, GiddyGuy, verm1||1on, Commissar Oscar, EuedeAdodooedoe, Zeklo, James Novik, JUSUSG94, Remps, Alarsin, csc_unit, __IvoCZE__, lifetheuniverse, TylerTheDragon, Soumyadip543, Miogarna, Bleh787, Giggimish, Maxil20, Chris1488, Solaricon, DarkKingBoo, Shayko, kaifu24, Lumina, MrMofolz, AnitaCoffee, scaarfito, SmilePls, Starlogy, lakhnish, negaman, shirogatari, ScottHansen, V2C!

Also, thank you to everyone who contributed to Amiexa's thread during the BETA. This guide (and probably my Klei forum account) would never have been made without all the support you gave me during my BETA solo runs full of failures!

Finally, thank you to the Klei developers for making this event that allowed me to run into and communicate with so many new people as well as have a good time experiencing a new way to play DST!

May everyone have the best luck with whatever they're trying to aim for in DST, The Gorge, and their lives! Have fun and godspeed to all. :wilson_smile:

Archived