Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

GamerFlamer

Tips For No Silverware Run?

Recommended Posts

GamerFlamer    0

Me and my friend were able to get all the achievements except this one with relative ease and only failing once with the 7 dish run due to unlucky cravings.

At the moment, we are struggling to complete the "No Silver Lining" achievement.

Any tips or walkthroughs even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ButterStuffed    1930

The only foods that can give favor without silverware are the 4 highest tier foods in the recipe book (not including syrup). So you just have to go through the Gnaw's cravings until you get cravings that include one of those four desserts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Extant    315

I can't give you all the information you need for the run just yet, unfortunately, but I do know that there are some dishes that don't require silver plates/bowls to get a favor from The Gnaw. Trifle is one of them. The key is knowing all the recipes I suppose so that you can still get your red mark without needing silverware which grants you access to other recipes that can get favors without them as well. Check out the help & recipe guide thread started by Amiexa link to the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zaxomik    47
2 hours ago, Mikro said:

The only foods that can give favor without silverware are the 4 highest tier foods in the recipe book (not including syrup). So you just have to go through the Gnaw's cravings until you get cravings that include one of those four desserts.

Scone also counts for bread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've been staring at the recipe book for hours trying to figure out a way to get milk before the first dessert (4th round) without using any plates and as far as I can tell it's impossible. You might just have to rush as many cravings as physically possible, using all the salt you can until you get dessert 3 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsPizzaTime    836

To do this you need to have done 5 dessert rounds, because the first dessert unlocks the sugary park, and the second one is going to give you your red mark. Theres no food in the game (that I know of) that you can get a red mark with that doesn't require syrup or another red mark already.

So you have to make either Candy, Pudding, Waffles, or a Berry tart (all require syrup) on Round 2 to get the red mark. Once you have the red mark you must get through all of the gnaws cravings to reach dessert again (round 3 dessert now) and give it one of the 4 highest level desserts with milk that you bought from the red mark (preferably trifle as you get 3 milk, it requires 1 milk to make, and you need to make 3 of them). Do this two more times for another two favor and win. I'm not sure but I'm thinking that you can just premake a bunch of meals (between 9 and 12) to cycle the cravings to dessert fast so your milk doesn't go bad, as I believe quality (green being best) of the dish effects the money given (i gave it a stale trifle and didn't get a favor one time). So its very time limited once you buy the milk or you need another red mark. The food i'd use is to cycle the cravings while I wait for the desserts will probably be tomato soup or potato soup or something really easy that doesn't require an oven. Rushing 8 buckets of manure for growing the crops on demand and having the logger and farmer focus on making soups on the cookpot while the cook makes the desserts in the oven will probably be the most optimal way.

I'll come back and confirm whether this is a good strat or not.

Yep did it first try like this, got really close near the end last trifle was getting stale because milk is so fast to stale. Gotta make 9 soups total to get to each dessert round thats required and win (3 whatever then dessert, and repeat).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loredore    43
On 6/15/2018 at 8:33 AM, zaxomik said:

Scone also counts for bread

pretty sure none of the no plate gnaw favor dishes give favors unless given for a dessert craving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WebFridSon    11
On 6/16/2018 at 12:37 AM, ItsPizzaTime said:

To do this you need to have done 5 dessert rounds, because the first dessert unlocks the sugary park, and the second one is going to give you your red mark. Theres no food in the game (that I know of) that you can get a red mark with that doesn't require syrup or another red mark already.

So you have to make either Candy, Pudding, Waffles, or a Berry tart (all require syrup) on Round 2 to get the red mark. Once you have the red mark you must get through all of the gnaws cravings to reach dessert again (round 3 dessert now) and give it one of the 4 highest level desserts with milk that you bought from the red mark (preferably trifle as you get 3 milk, it requires 1 milk to make, and you need to make 3 of them). Do this two more times for another two favor and win. I'm not sure but I'm thinking that you can just premake a bunch of meals (between 9 and 12) to cycle the cravings to dessert fast so your milk doesn't go bad, as I believe quality (green being best) of the dish effects the money given (i gave it a stale trifle and didn't get a favor one time). So its very time limited once you buy the milk or you need another red mark. The food i'd use is to cycle the cravings while I wait for the desserts will probably be tomato soup or potato soup or something really easy that doesn't require an oven. Rushing 8 buckets of manure for growing the crops on demand and having the logger and farmer focus on making soups on the cookpot while the cook makes the desserts in the oven will probably be the most optimal way.

I'll come back and confirm whether this is a good strat or not.

Yep did it first try like this, got really close near the end last trifle was getting stale because milk is so fast to stale. Gotta make 9 soups total to get to each dessert round thats required and win (3 whatever then dessert, and repeat).

This is exactly what happeneed when we managed to win without using silverware. We only had about 10 seconds of time left when we escaped since a lot of the dishes we served that we thought would give favors were a dissapointment.

We just served the gnaw 3 trifles in total to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1898

Buying time until dessert rounds is the key. not very difficult managed to win with quite a bit of time left with 3 people. after u get first sapphire coin with the Carrot Cake as first dessert (more coins than jelly roll) and get into the park put up 3/6 buckets. Then wait until next dessert round to give pudding or any other syrup dish. once you have your first Red mark the rest is easy. you also shouldve set up salt by now. salted dishes prolong the time you have and allows you to reach dessert rounds. 

after your first mark try to give dishes that fit the craving AND also give a red mark back. most of the time these are Milk dishes so you have to be very wise with your first 3 milks. Mac&cheese is an easy one for Pasta and Cheese cravings (2 flour 1 milk). 

 

continue cycling your red marks like this until u get to dessert rounds then make any of the highest tier dessert and serve FRESH. cheese cake, trifle, scones,....

 

meanwhile salt every dish once u can afford to to prolong your time. 

if you do all this u will easily win with plenty of time left thanks to salted dishes. 

PS: Stale dishes will NOT reward red marks or favors if they normally would. SERVE FRESH! stay on top of salt, flour and syrup and you should be fine

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ObsidianKing    336
21 hours ago, Ohan said:

Buying time until dessert rounds is the key. not very difficult managed to win with quite a bit of time left with 3 people. after u get first sapphire coin with the Carrot Cake as first dessert (more coins than jelly roll) and get into the park put up 3/6 buckets. Then wait until next dessert round to give pudding or any other syrup dish. once you have your first Red mark the rest is easy. you also shouldve set up salt by now. salted dishes prolong the time you have and allows you to reach dessert rounds. 

after your first mark try to give dishes that fit the craving AND also give a red mark back. most of the time these are Milk dishes so you have to be very wise with your first 3 milks. Mac&cheese is an easy one for Pasta and Cheese cravings (2 flour 1 milk). 

 

continue cycling your red marks like this until u get to dessert rounds then make any of the highest tier dessert and serve FRESH. cheese cake, trifle, scones,....

 

meanwhile salt every dish once u can afford to to prolong your time. 

if you do all this u will easily win with plenty of time left thanks to salted dishes. 

PS: Stale dishes will NOT reward red marks or favors if they normally would. SERVE FRESH! stay on top of salt, flour and syrup and you should be fine

 

 

 

I did this and got barely anywhere, even with salted dishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites