Cosmic Upgrade Available Now! - 273433

4 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

maybe. but i think it was easier to program it... anyway i am not against that behavior. that kind of bulbs will be formed by any liquid in reality. no idea if real gasses have something similar

Real gases do not separate like that

3 minutes ago, Tenshi Kirai said:

How does the meteor catch fire, if not atmosphere to make friction?

The cloaked one, the silent rider of the broken planetoid above.  An angry former dupe with the eyes of a tiger and the lighter of the Bic; he lights the meteors and nerfs the methane generators, fear his wrath.

Edited by trukogre
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chemie said:

Real gases do not separate like that

yes yes. but neither do liquids. a mixture of gasses may behave just like a mixture of liquids in reality. it may just need to be a big enough experiment to compensate for the gas molecule speeds

6 minutes ago, Tenshi Kirai said:

I ask this, because my surface is above 300C

The conversion of kinetic to thermal energy is entirely reasonable and perhaps even undersimulated. (as is the destructive potential of metric tons of rock moving at potentially incredibly high speeds)   The sheer mass, per area, per time, dropped on the surface of the asteroid, on the other hand, seems incredibly high, both in terms of game balance and realism.

Edited by trukogre
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

yes yes. but neither do liquids. a mixture of gasses may behave just like a mixture of liquids in reality. it may just need to be a big enough experiment to compensate for the gas molecule speeds

You have never seen a lava lamp?

Liquids have solubility to deal with

Edited by chemie

11 minutes ago, chemie said:

You have never seen a lava lamp?

different set of conditions and rules there. like a hydrophob solution will not mix with water even if liquid. add some fitting tensides and your lamp will be all gone

2 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

different set of conditions and rules there. like a hydrophob solution will not mix with water even if liquid. add some fitting tensides and your lamp will be all gone

OK.  Oil and water.  Solubility is different for liquids vs gases

Edited by chemie

hey guys, noob question, do i need to create a new game to see all the content? i opened my current save and i see new things in the research tab, but is the other stuff also gonna work out?

16 minutes ago, Nilie said:

hey guys, noob question, do i need to create a new game to see all the content? i opened my current save and i see new things in the research tab, but is the other stuff also gonna work out?

The new space biome won't be there, but anything not related to world generation will be there in your old save.

57 minutes ago, Nilie said:

The buildings and research will all be there, but you won't get the Surface Biome or anything contained within.  So you can build Solar Panels, but you're restricted to Shinebugs and Lights for powering them because there will be no sunlight.  You can build Meteor Detectors, but they will never activate, because there will be no Meteors.

I have to say, I'm loving the new more intense gas colorations.  It makes the gasses much easier to distinguish apart.

I am a little lost on the egg changes though. 

So, if I understand correctly, to hatch you either leave on the ground untouched or put in an incubator.

To use for cooking you have to use an egg cracker?  Or will just leaving them in a storage bin automatically make them usable in cooking?

Also, is the "wallpaper" just for sealing the outer space areas or does it have a use (other than pure cosmetic) inside the base?

• Like 1