GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Amiexa

16 minutes ago, SkyToFly said:

Could someone find png food icons and ingredients? 

Browsing the internet and chats for hours, found none. Well except this one: 
ff3c4a9197e832f056eabd3646382c82.thumb.PNG.3404f41e344eedfc67ed7a25e2685f69.PNG

We may need modders to extract the image file in the data folder.
I'm not-so a good modder, I know XNB, not XML, or was it the same? I will look harder. 

27 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

Browsing the internet and chats for hours, found none. Well except this one: 
ff3c4a9197e832f056eabd3646382c82.thumb.PNG.3404f41e344eedfc67ed7a25e2685f69.PNG

We may need modders to extract the image file in the data folder.
I'm not-so a good modder, I know XNB, not XML, or was it the same? I will look harder. 

Well there comes a problem, they secured it, further than just dyn'ing
Name strings are not readable files
Tex are encrypted
Anims are Advanced Dyns according to those that have a dyn decompiler

The fact there's an achievement for "no silver plated meals given" means you can get favor from... well none-silver plated meals. They must be super advanced since that's the case.

That's insane.

EDIT: That or, when the Gnaw's appeasement reaches a large number he gives them.

We have just won our first game 

GG <3 

20180614030558_2.jpg

30 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The fact there's an achievement for "no silver plated meals given" means you can get favor from... well none-silver plated meals. They must be super advanced since that's the case.

That's insane.

EDIT: That or, when the Gnaw's appeasement reaches a large number he gives them.

Trifle is a meal that requires no silver plate for the favor

51 minutes ago, Purple Mandrake said:

We have just won our first game 

GG <3 

20180614030558_2.jpg

Trifle is a meal that requires no silver plate for the favor

Awesome!! Still trying lol, I'll try again later.

Someone also said Macaroni and Cheese gives a favor without specifying a silver plate, so presumably that means you don't need it for that recipe either. So Macaroni for the Cheese round, Trifle for a dessert round, that's 2 gnaw favors, right?

(dumb question: how exactly do you get syrup, by the way?)

8 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

(dumb question: how exactly do you get syrup, by the way?)

Tree taps = sap (x3) + sap pot = syrup.

EDIT: I tried to be clever but to clarify. A single tree tap gives 1 sap, but you get 3 taps. It takes 3 sap to make a syrup.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well there comes a problem, they secured it, further than just dyn'ing
Name strings are not readable files
Tex are encrypted
Anims are Advanced Dyns according to those that have a dyn decompiler

Yea, a modder told me that too on my first page. Though I expect it was just the recipe, not the game image files.
But I'm no know-it-all anyways. I do hope they might release the images in the Don't Starve wiki when official event starts. 

Here's a compilation of useful recipes:

3IQW0rZ.png

The ones in red are "late" game, the ones in blue are "early" game.

Early game
Jelly Sandwich - Easy early game bread craving. 
Stone Soup - You can do it right as you get out of the portal and count as a snack. TEN COINS
Jelly Roll - Really easy to do as first dessert. You can use the sapphire coin to get the key with the merm and open the iron gate.
Meatballs - I don't really know another considerably easy early meat carving so I go with Meatballs.

Late Game
Spaghetti and Meatball (I find it funny how it is just a singular Meatball) - You can get a mark from pasta/meat carving (if silver plated).
Lasagna - Pretty much the same as the Spaghetti.
Bread Pudding - If you have Syrup you can do this considerably easy dessert and get a mark (as stated in the DST Gorge Recipes sheet you don't need a silver plate to get a mark from it).
Grilled Cheese - Gets done REALLY REALLY fast which means it burns REALLY REALLY easily, I recommend to use medium fire to make this one, It's a considerably easy snack and bread for more milk (or anything you want to use the mark for).
Macaroni and Cheese - Easy to do, didn't tested without the silver plate.
Pizza - You get a mark AND a favor when you use a silver plate, it's good to keep making favor-worthy dishes. (May count as bread/meat/snack didn't tested it, also its PIZZA)
Trifle - You don't need to silver plate it to get a favor, usually this is my last dish.
Cheesecake - Same as pizza but it's a dessert and uses 2 milk, you can use this one as your last dish if you don't have silver plates to make dishes favor-worthy or flour to make Trifle.

A worth to mention tip is to make and trade salt for the key with the pig king, use the key to open a safe in the city, use the plate that was in the safe to get a mark and use the mark to make more mark-worthy (or both mark and favor-worthy) dishes, I usually can manage to get the first mark-worthy pasta dish silver plated with this strategy. (You probably can get marks in a easier way but this is the way I know)

Also, is really good to know stuff like that a mark is worthy THREE milks with Mumsy.

I hope this helps!

( @Mikro's Stone Soup is really really good as the first snack)

Note: The Grilled Cheese gives one less old coin if silver plated, maybe a bug? Or the plate is too fancy for the meal? dunno

Note²: The DST Gorge Recipes Sheet states that the silver plated pizza gives a Sapphire and a Favor, but it is actually a Mark and a Favor.

2 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

How do you get the sap?

Requires Sapphire Medallion: Get Sugarwood Memorial Park Key from Sammy (basic seed merchant) > Open iron gate > Buy Tree Tapping Kit from Pipton (merchant in Sugarwood Memorial Park) > Use Tree Tapping Kit on Sugarwood Trees > Wait > Get Sap 

1 minute ago, wantuilbasilio said:

How do you get milk? I'm stuck in this part if someone can help me. Thank you.

And how does the gorge win?

You can get milk from mumsy for a Red Mark. You get a Red Mark for giving specific food/specific food on plates/bowls.

To win you need to get 3 Favors which are earned by giving the highest tier food.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You can get milk from mumsy for a Red Mark. You get a Red Mark for giving specific food/specific food on plates/bowls.

To win you need to get 3 Favors which are earned by giving the highest tier food.

what food do you suggest to win the '' red mark ''?

Archived