Time needs to be fixed

Ali Bun

Not sure if the Gnaw is suppose to lessen the clock every time you feed it, but it does..I'm not sure if you're suppose to gain a time bonus for feeding it or what but it makes it nearly impossible to do other task when the time lessens every time you feed it. We feed it the correct meals that it ask for but it doesn't add time so I'm just a little confused if that's a glitch or not.

Just now, webbermain252 said:

Yeah, it feels like the bar should be replenishing every time you feed it, but it doesn't, and that makes it way to hard to try and keep going.

Ok, yeah so it is a thing thats happening to everyone too.. Yeah. I feel like you should be able to gain a minute or something per meal.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Feed it what it wants and you slow the time. I'm guessing silver plates also give time, but haven't been able to get any yet.

We tried to do that, including plating the meals and it lessens the time still, it gives us the correct rewards though. 

i'm probably not going to play anymore of the beta until they fix it. Having the main centerpiece of the game that you're forced to accomplish also end up killing you is boring and not very fun.  I've played about 20 games so far and each one went the exact same: make a record of new recipes, get further every time, but still the timer runs out before you can even begin to comprehend the end game. My least favorite part about forge was that you had to face the same exact waves hundreds of times to get to the part you couldn't figure out and it was annoying to grind that part of it over and over when you already knew it. The problem with gorge beta is that the better you do the faster you die. It makes no sense and seriously turns me off from the game. We can get all of the first 4 meals down before the bar even goes down a quarter, but the last ones just take too much time and don't do anything. Salt takes basically the whole game and by the time you get it you're dead. What's the point of 70 recipes if you're supposed to beat it within 7 anyways? 

I just played a whole tonne of matches, and while the bar appears to go down when you give it a meal (even a correct one), pay attention to the match time at the end of a game. Games with more successes lasted longer. I don't think silverware changes that, but I'm pretty sure salting a meal increases the amount of time it gives (since it doesn't seem to do anything else). After grinding salt crystals and getting 3 salt, you can right click on any meal with salt to salt it.

From a match with 1 success and 1 failure that lasted 10:49, we had one with 8 successes (some salted) and 0 failures that lasted 14:19. Amounts of successes between that seemed to correlate pretty well with match time.

Just now, Queron81 said:

Maybe this is intended for the beta, like you can only play a short part of the game? I think they will add the time, when you feed the gnaw, when the event is released.

Gosh I hope, I just want to play past the dessert part before dying

22 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

Maybe this is intended for the beta, like you can only play a short part of the game? I think they will add the time, when you feed the gnaw, when the event is released.

This isn't a demo, its a beta. What would be the purpose of a beta if you aren't going to allow the event to be fully tested.

4 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Yeah, I reckon they've shortened the time purposely or something so that we can test the fundamental workings of the event without working out the optimal strategies or anything.

Like how could you have enough time to collect 3 salt- I set one of the salt racks up as soon as I could, and only managed to get one salt the entire game.

Why do you all assume that this is a bug though?  While it is true that no matter what you feed him time will decrease, feeding him the wrong dish not only steals more time, you also very visibly have more time if you keep feeding him well. 

The bar does not replenish no matter what we do, but the speed at which it decreases passively does change on your performance. Seems very intentional to me

42 minutes ago, RancorSnp said:

The bar does not replenish no matter what we do, but the speed at which it decreases passively does change on your performance. Seems very intentional to me

Totally possible but if it's this, we need better visual clues, like color of the bar changing so we have a positive feedback with good dishes and negative with not good dishes, so we know we did the right thing. At the moment it's not so clear.

30 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I think the bug isn't the time, but the UI for the bar, since it doesn't seem to be adding time, despite it actually adding time

Feeding does not add time, rather pauses/resets the drain rate. I can confirm you do actually lose time when feeding gnaw because a few games ended immediately after feeding the gnaw when there was still a bit of time left.

Just want to add that the goat says something like "you just got some time with this dish" when giving the gnaw a dish it requested. So this adds to confusion. Maybe something like "It will slow the anger for a time" or something ?

Really how this should work is...

• If you give what he wants time should pause and if you make that dish better (with salt, plating, whatever) it should pause it longer.
  • If you give him the wrong dish it should ether lower the time you have or speed his hunger up.

Another thing to note is the harder a dish was to make the more of a effect it should have on him, I can understand why you shouldn't get time because it would let you be able to stay in a round as long as you want if you just keep feeding him right.

Feeding him definitely does extend the time somehow... The longest I've survived so far is 28mins in a round, with 11 successes and 0 failures (I used to only be able to survive 14ish mins). Feeding him successfully might make the bar decrease at a slower rate.

Edit: Nvm, it's probably because they just fixed this!

Archived