Looking for comments on the water cooler in the attached save

TUDystopia C115.zip

Hi all,

I am hoping to gain some understanding here as to what is going on with the water in the pipes coming from the cool steam geyser in the upper right.

If you look at the temp of the water right before it enters the base in has cooled significantly.  Then as soon as it transfers to the insulated pipe in the wall it jumps up significantly, even though the wall it is passing through is cooler.  The water then increases in temp until right before it enters the room with the wheezes.

The the temp suddenly fall dramatically and then rises as the water descends in the pipe, then you see the water temp cycling up and down as it moves through the room and then if make a sudden increase again just as it leaves the room, passes through the water valve and drops again.

I was going to rebuild the piping in this room to  raise the bottom loop by one to see if I could eliminate the mystery rise in temp at the bottom of each loop - but this seems not worth it if the temp is going to be over 100 again as soon as the water hits the insulated pipe at the exit even if is 62 degrees in the tile right before then.

I don't understand the changes in the water temp in the pipes.  Makes no sense to me.

Also, I will point out the interesting phenomena of my bristle berries, which are growing very nicely and have been for some time.  I hooked insulated pipes up to the tiles - but have never connected a water source and have never run water to the tiles...

Regards,

SNAFU

2 hours ago, Major SNAFU said:

TUDystopia C115.zip

Hi all..

Also, I will point out the interesting phenomena of my bristle berries, which are growing very nicely and have been for some time.  I hooked insulated pipes up to the tiles - but have never connected a water source and have never run water to the tiles..

Hi, post screenies too, sounds like an old bug..

its using a weak valve, the fluid is moving so little the blobs of water aren't moving so the temps just trade slightly in one direction.  After the valve your volume of liquid is so tiny it of course jumps to whatever the ambient temp is.
image.thumb.png.18b6cfc96e93bf1a56ac8b477fafcf87.png
image.thumb.png.7d820898c81016ae79ab705fb73dc528.png

I recommend a slighly higher flow rate

Mesopotamia.sav

Hi Kabrute,

Thanks.  I understand you comment, but it didn't seem to me that the temp in the pipes at the points I mentioned are moving toward ambient.  For instance, on the right hand input, they jump up by around 20 degrees, but the surrounding material is no where near the temp the water spikes to.

As a follow up note, I replaced the insulated pipe with regular pipe and let the system run and the spikes were somewhat moderated.  But this still doesn't explain the changes within the wheeze chamber - unless you are saying the flow is so small - but then what about the standing water in the pipe?  The valve is after the wheeze chamber, so the water in the pipes in the wheeze chamber should be completely full, with only a small amount of water passing from segment to segment.....

i will increase the flow per your suggestion, but this will mean the output temp of the water will increase.

What really amazes me is that if you look at the segments on the right, a few before they pass into the insulated pipe the temp of the water in the pipes is lower that the output temp of the water as it leaves the wheeze chamber on the left.  So passing the water through the wheeze chamber is actually resulting in an average *increase* in the temp of the water....

SNAFU

3 hours ago, Major SNAFU said:

Hi Kabrute,

Thanks.  I understand you comment, but it didn't seem to me that the temp in the pipes at the points I mentioned are moving toward ambient.  For instance, on the right hand input, they jump up by around 20 degrees, but the surrounding material is no where near the temp the water spikes to.

As a follow up note, I replaced the insulated pipe with regular pipe and let the system run and the spikes were somewhat moderated.  But this still doesn't explain the changes within the wheeze chamber - unless you are saying the flow is so small - but then what about the standing water in the pipe?  The valve is after the wheeze chamber, so the water in the pipes in the wheeze chamber should be completely full, with only a small amount of water passing from segment to segment.....

i will increase the flow per your suggestion, but this will mean the output temp of the water will increase.

What really amazes me is that if you look at the segments on the right, a few before they pass into the insulated pipe the temp of the water in the pipes is lower that the output temp of the water as it leaves the wheeze chamber on the left.  So passing the water through the wheeze chamber is actually resulting in an average *increase* in the temp of the water....

SNAFU

Strange stuff..
Your water comes in an average temperature, after it hits first wheezie pot, temperature between blobs spreads out -15.
After liquid valve, temperature raises..
I had similar problems and was experimenting in a similar situation, with wheezie pots.
Your radiant pipes change content temp, as soon as they come into 1 tile range, of your sandstone pots.
The whole sandstone pot row is averaging temperature horizontally, it seems.
Remove every second pot / break contact.
Then look at your material, for insulated pipe in the door, after wheezies, temp jumps up.
It seems when you construct objects of the same material, they "share" temperature handling, like the pots.
You used ingenious rock for pipes / tiles, seems they share.
I started to change materials, where i need some sort of "isolation" and since average temperature "downgrade", some things need one tile free space..
Rebuild it with abbyssalite, only material you can trust now..

10 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Strange stuff..
Your water comes in an average temperature, after it hits first wheezie pot, temperature between blobs spreads out -15.
After liquid valve, temperature raises..
I had similar problems and was experimenting in a similar situation, with wheezie pots.
Your radiant pipes change content temp, as soon as they come into 1 tile range, of your sandstone pots.
The whole sandstone pot row is averaging temperature horizontally, it seems.
Remove every second pot / break contact.
Then look at your material, for insulated pipe in the door, after wheezies, temp jumps up.
It seems when you construct objects of the same material, they "share" temperature handling, like the pots.
You used ingenious rock for pipes / tiles, seems they share.
I started to change materials, where i need some sort of "isolation" and since average temperature "downgrade", some things need one tile free space..
Rebuild it with abbyssalite, only material you can trust now..

Thanks.

I will rebuild.  It looks to me like I should run the pipe only in the very top of the room.  It is not clear that any looping,etc. is of any benefit since the changes are instantaneous.

Regards,

1 minute ago, Major SNAFU said:

.. is of any benefit since the changes are instantaneous...

Yes and before temp handling was changed, it was different.
Before radiant pipes, visuals and real calculation of gas, was not connected.
Now temperatures are patched dead..

Archived