[Game Update] - 272643

But keeping them inside a fridge to stop incubation, would mean it´s temperature based ...

=> But which temperature should a gulp fish egg stop incubating ? ( 4C isn´t shouldn´t be cold enough)

If the fridge would be our "viable-egg" storage, there would still be some need for the ugly auto-sweeper "item dropper" builds.

(Wouldn´t solve all our problems, but slowing/stopping egg spoilage while stored inside a powered fridge could still be a nice tweak)

Three cool steam geysers, combined output 2.92kg/s.  The two worst got slightly better, the previously mediocre one which was doing over 2kg/s got worse after the change so in the end, I have slightly more water overall but more evenly spread instead of being able to ignore the crappiest geyser I now have to capture them all.  Save file in the previous build's thread (and it is still crashing to desktop periodically even in this build).

Should POIs puncture the abysallite layer that protects the asteroid from space?  I have two breach points including the new cosmic POI which somehow ended up with one of the new 'wall' tiles being emtombed despite there being no holes in the outer actual wall layer.  Should a new 'wall' tile even be able to be entombed?  It's a background layer.

8 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

The ranching got harder with the storage changes.  I had something working very well last update.

A high priority fridge in each breeding room with a storage of a few to hold the eggs.  All the other eggs were shipped out to be ... dealt with.

Now I can't buffer a number of them automatically any more.  We need some sort of egg box that doesn't stop incubation.

i found the last changes to make it easier for me.

eggs in a storage takes 10 days to go bad, and if i have not made use of them before that they break and i use the rest to make omelets.

if i need the pets, send eggs to an incubator inside each room.

OK. Finally got a chance to play on this update and the geyser averaging overall hurt me.

Across my 3 Natural Gas Geysers, the normalized output went up from 75.5kg/C to 85.9kg/C. Near meaningless boost here, still can't power 2 NGGens full time off of them.

Between my 2 Cool Water Vents, I lost almost 500kg/C output (2,553kg/C down to 2,080kg/C). That's almost an entire electrolyzer.

Sadly, this is a relatively unexplored map so outside of a Minor Volcano I hadn't analyzed yet (increased from 354kg/C up to 482kg/C without factoring in dormancy), these are all I'd found before the update so I have no other comparisons to make.

Edited by beowulf2010

34 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

eggs in a storage takes 10 days to go bad, and if i have not made use of them before that they break and i use the rest to make omelets.

That is useful for me too, I never knew they lasted so long, its unlikely that i will suddenly lose all of my critters so I will have time to hatch them when they others grow old.

19 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Geyser values are now distributed to make "average" geysers more common. Geysers in existing saves will be affected.

it would be nice if the geysers had point value based on output and a world was guaranteed a certain amount of points. You could end up with a lot of small geysers, or a few large ones, but you would have at least a certain amount.