Testing Multiplayer With One Copy

I'm developing a mod whose main features require two players.
I therefore need to have two players in the game, but I haven't been able to find a way to use my single Steam copy of Don't Starve Together to log in to the game twice.

I'm using two computers for this, and I've tried:

• Running both clients in offline mode, hosting a local LAN game on one and connecting with the other - no games show up on when browsing with the second client.
  • Running one client online and the other offline with the hosted game being hosted by the online client and the game set as either online or local - still can't find the game when browsing with the other.
  • Running one client online and the other offline with the hosted game being hosted by the offline client - I get an error when I click the Host Game option (it says "WARNING" at the top but it only lets you exit or report an issue.)
  • Running both clients online - this naturally causes one of the clients to disconnect from Steam, and although both DST clients manage to connect, when I start the second one I get a client token error, which is really to be expected.

I haven't been able to find out why I can't see the LAN game (before you ask - both computers are on the same WiFi network) and I'm not sure if that's even a problem or if you can't run the game on the same account twice even in offline mode on purpose.

So... how do I go about testing my mod?
Please don't say "find another player;" I only have one friend who has the game and this mod is supposed to be a surprise for her; and I won't bother others with this since development will take time and I'll need to test a lot of things.

Thanks in advance. =)

I will gladly help you test it, I do Believe Klei deliberately made it to where the same user could not join the same server twice. My internet is bad but all you need is to see if certain function work right? I have a ton of time on my hands, so this wont be bothersome to me. I'm pretty bored most of the time any way XD

If you have a discord here is my discord if you want to contact me  Little_Luna #3033

Wow, thank you! :o

I was starting to think I'd need to create a new Steam account and buy another copy of the game just so I could test my mod. =\
I get that they don't want to allow the same user to use the same copy of the game multiple times, but there should really be a solution for doing this for testing.
For example, they could have allowed multiple copies of the game to run on the same computer and allowed the same client to connect to its localhost multiple times (I actually tried doing that but I didn't get it to work).

I'll download Discord later today and contact you when I can.
I spend most of the time with my girlfriend when she's home so I can only work on this when she's not around. ^_^;

Thanks again. =)