talula

lets hear your best stories about burning your own base down

talula    19

i once torched a pretty good base, with three other survivors (one helped torch it, yey:wilson_evil:) just to get one of them (the one who was entirely uninvited, and was several times politely:wilson_flower: asked be on their way) to just stop ******* standing there :wilson_enraged:

Raspberry Shake    3,441

This kinda counts.

You, the WX, go get us some ashes!

... You know campfires spread if overfueled right?

Yes, why wouldn't I?

"Points at what was, until a second ago, a crockpot"

• Haha 1

CaptainChaotica    3,635

Main one I can think of is like:

"Okay, I made sure to turn off the fling-o-matic for the night so it won't put out our endofire AAAA THE DRYING RACKS!!"

Lots of that.  : P

...Notorious

shyguy1824    286

The server was being really laggy for me, so I decided to leave. was placing all my stuff down, but I failed to noticed that I placed one of my things a little to close to a dwarf star(I think that's what they're called) but due to the lag, I wasn't able to put it out or pick it up. basically, the whole base was on fire, and I left. veryone was out except for one guy who wasn't helping, so I didn't really get to see their reactions

everred    123

I actually wasn't the one that did it, but another person on my server had gotten a fire staff for the first time and tried it on a bird. But it was a little too close to our base so then everything was in flames before we knew it :p

lifetheuniverse    1,050

Clearing a buffer around a forest section, setting fire to it for charcoal, then birds lay seeds and the fire jumps over the clear line.

Same scenario but artificial forest and tumbleweeds.

Smacking a Koalaphant with a torch in order to provide light to fight it at night.

Forgetting that Fire Hounds are half F I R E.

• Haha 1

Myszuwa    7

I played with my boyfriend. He recently bought the game and is just learning how to survive. I usually play as Willow, this time it was like that. I gave him a lighter so he wouldn't have to make a torch. We set up a base: we already had a tent, boxes, machines, pots, bushes with blueberries. The base was close to the forest. Day 12 of the server. That day I went on a "trip" in search of materials and my boyfriend stayed near the base. Night came. And suddenly I hear "F**k!" (he was holding a lighter in hand) "I set the box on fire... (...) Oh no... everything is burning... (...) It burned." And when I came back I saw everything burned and I started laugh because it looks so funny :D

• Like 1

GetNerfedOn    431

Entered into a public server Springtime.

Gathered butterfly wings, met up with ppl at base, and everything went well until a storm occurred.

As it were, nobody had the sense to craft lightning rods. I watched, breaking down into mirth, as i watched lightning strike again and again and set an absurd amount of Berry Bushes into flame, with everyone just standing in shock.

The next day, people try to rebuild what's left of the farms. And that is when another storm comes, followed by more lightning, and more fires.

Mencken    241

Not in this game (shipwrecked) but still relevant.   Lit some poison sacs to get ash, wind blew them right into main chest area.   Took 5 days to restore..

Edited by Mencken

My friend and I were playing on a server together, just the two of us, I was playing Wilson and I think she was playing Wigfrid. She angered a tree guard and we both decided that it would be fun to light it on fire and have it run around. Unfortunately she ran it back to our camp while it was STILL ON FIRE and everything we had pretty much started smoking. I honestly was dumbstruck and probably could have put out more stuff if I wasn't too busy just watching her running around with a flaming tree guard after her. I think I saved the science machine in the end (it's what Wilson would have wanted). This was right before winter so we were pretty screwed after that. Great joke material though!

Yakult321    3

Well, once my friend and I were staying in our base and we had food cooking in the crockpot. While waiting I made a fire staff and held it in my hand. AND when the food was ready I CLICKED on the crockpot to harvest it. The next second my fire staff was SETTING FIRE TO the crockpot and everything was burning.

That was the most foolish thing I had ever done. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

avilmask    98

Summer at oasis. Due to circumstances we had to fight hounds in base. Everybody have seen a message "just don't kill red hounds, pull them out!". Well, that's when it's helpful to disable seasonal/weather effects, because heat/sandstorm/summer effects make it hard to see red...

Mattyington    230

During Rollback, group chat.

"So, you're telling me that holding the fire staff makes it so the priority is burning things rather than opening them. oooh....." 

• Haha 2

Wend-ros-y    19

This was during one of my first games [i'm still a noob so this was only a few days ago]

I was playing on a public server, messing around and uh...i died when some walruses attacked our base

soooo i misremembered "attacking hostile mobs makes them panic" and haunted one of the hounds

The hound turned into a fire hound.

and if i remember correctly, the hound was killed by Abigail.

and the whole base went up in flames and i felt horrible :wilson_cry:

it was rolled back right after and everything was okay though. 

Mr.Skitts    5

:wilson_cry:Ah yes recalling a tale from last year. Me and my friend (me as webber, him as Wolfgang) spent the better half of a day preparing for the ancient fuelweaver boss fight. The fight was hard with a lot of incoherent screaming on our part, but we had eventually won and we're both battered and bruised near the end of the fight. After gathering the loot and making it past the giant tentacle, an all too familiar rumbling sounded through the earth, an earthquake, we were dodging the falling debris expertly and once the earthquake had subsided I considered the quest a success.... Then I got killed by a falling gold nugget. (My friend will never let me live that down ;-;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

0VERL0RD    28

Recently I've gotten three of my friends to pick up DST, which means I spend most of my time panicked and sprinting between three lost newbies who still don't understand the virtues of staying together when I have to supervise them. Anyways, I manage to get us a decent base going, which I very stupidly allowed to be surrounded by trees, and it's about the beginning of winter. I leave our Willow and Winona unattended at base to bring a some winter gear to our Wilson as they revived, and the suddenly, all I see in the chat is ,

'GOD HAS FORSAKEN US' 'NO NO NO NO NO' 'HOW DO I PUT OUT A FIRE'

Willow, from what I gathered, went to go set some trees on fire for sanity, without taking any regard to how those fires would spread. To our camp. Winona, bless her heart, managed to save one single crock pot while everything else burned down.

I was gone for five minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1