[Game Update] - 272331

• Developer
  • Overall tuning to the power and fertilizer economies    
    • Solar panels have a higher max wattage and sun is much much brighter so panels are at max watage for more of the day
    • Meteor showers occur for a smaller percentage of the season
    • Methane generator produces more waste heat    
    • Petroleum generator uses less fuel    
    • Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe
    • Compost produces dirt, sleet wheat requires dirt. Farm station still requires fertilizer
  • Reduced cost of Bunker Door and Bunker Tiles.
  • Puft and light bug will swim up through water to avoid drowning.
  • Hatches no longer try to move vertically between floor tiles.
  • Comet plays damage sounds as it passes through any tiles/buildings, not just on destroy. 
  • Fixed another crash when Duplicants were at the top of the simulation grid.
  • Fixed a simulation crash that could occur if a building was destroyed right after being placed using sandbox tools.
  • Fixed another debug key crash in the main menu.
  • Shine bugs stop glowing when they're overcrowded.
  • Liquids will attempt to displace their neighbour liquids if they have sufficient mass. This should _reduce_ the occurrences of a little puddle of liquid stopping the flow of a much larger river of liquid but checkboard type patterns will still ultimately result in the stall.
  • Shine bug egg names should no longer be capitalized when showing up in storage.
  • Creature pivot locators should no longer be visible.
  • Light bug babies should no longer all look the same.
  • Fixed some string formatting on the tooltips in the jobs menu.
  • "Unassigned" in the jobs menu is now localizable.
  • Meteor detector sound effects.

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Compost produces dirt, sleet wheat requires dirt.

Great!

11 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe

The end of an era...:wilson_camera:

• Like 2

Wheat needs dirt.  Dirt made in compost.  What do you use to feed the composter?  Only renewable would be something like lice which would be very micro to manually set to compost.  

Now fertilizer is just one to feed berries so is relagated to the unused heap.

Spam pet gens or spam petroleum to magma for Nat gas.

Edited by chemie

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

R9MX4: how can you create infinite power with the steam turbine? Don't they take a heat source (and are limited by it's heat output?)

1 minute ago, R9MX4 said:

Will you fix the infinite power source steam turbine?

3 minutes ago, chemie said:

What is the easiest way to cook fertilizer to dirt without making sand?

Why would you want to do such thing when fertilizer just became a very hard thing to make?

4 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Water Sieve > Polluted Dirt > Dirt

14 minutes ago, chemie said:

Wheat needs dirt.  Dirt made in compost.  What do you use to feed the composter?  Only renewable would be something like lice which would be very micro to manually set to compost.  

Now fertilizer is just one to feed berries so is relagated to the unused heap.

Spam pet gens or spam petroleum to magma for Nat gas.

Now flitration medlum is unlimited source(form sky..). So

Water sleve> polluted drit>composter?

1 minute ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

water sieve still is hardcoded to sand, so you can't just use regolith from space biom, first you need to melt it.

6 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

I need to check a current save to see what my dirt inventory looks like.  You could be right that sieves produce enough already.  Now we can't turn PW to power (which I am fine with) I don't see much use for PW so you might as well sieve it for dirt and water.

Otherwise I think a small oil tank heated via a metal refinery set to control tank at 150c will turn fert to dirt.  Temp won't matter if wheat is in planters 

Edited by chemie

3 minutes ago, chemie said:

I need to check a current save to see what my dirt inventory looks like.  You could be right that sieves produce enough already.  Now we can't turn PW to power (which I am fine with) I don't see much use for PW so you might as well sieve it for dirt and water.

can you please maybe give a tip what is most reliable source of PW? i do not have PW geyser and i don't want to be dependant on water geysers... now i see only oil -> petroleum and using petro gens which will output PW, but it's lategame. i need like 1.6 kg/sec of PW

Edited by Khullag

37 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe

They still emit 10g/s of natural gas(/methane), but my main problem with the new Fertilizer maker is the conversion rate of 120g input into 130g output.

Could we at least conserve the mass here ? (would lower the dirt requirements but that´s just my thoughts)

(PS: There is still some strange stuff happening to my transit tube crossings inside a vacuume)

Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

actually i agree, nerf to fert synths is good but NG geysers produce too low output. e.g. i have 1 NG geyser on current map and it gives 59 g/sec. and 1 NGG needs 90. i'm not event mentioning the dormant period...

Edited by Khullag
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Soulwind said:

I think the geysers could use a bit of a buff or they could reduce the consumption of the generators again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Khullag said:

can you please maybe give a tip what is most reliable source of PW? i do not have PW geyser and i don't want to be dependant on water geysers... now i see only oil -> petroleum and using petro gens which will output PW, but it's lategame. i need like 1.6 kg/sec of PW

What do you need the PW for now?  I think showers and biodistillers are only other producers

3 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I was thinking same thing.  Nat gas geysers are usually useless and without a buff you ignore nat gas and spam pet gens

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Last time I checked Oil well and Oil Refinery also output NG.

1 minute ago, chemie said:

What do you need the PW for now?  I think showers and biodistillers are only other producers

shower does not produce PW. it takes 1 kg of clean water and outputs 1 kg of PW. its just and exchange. i'm talking about refining any resource and getting PW. (oil-> petro and petro gens as example). biodistillers are also on my radar but to make it work i need like 36 pufts and enormous amount of PO which i also do not have :)

Like I said above fert synthesizers still produce 10g/s of natural gas/methane.

19 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

But I don´t like the way this effects our bathrooms ^^ (Now we have a bigger need for dirt so outhouses could raise in popularity.)

=> Please rebalance the outhouse/lavatory situation

(without the old fert synthesizers the polluted water gain using lavatories lost a bit of it´s charm)

Just now, Khullag said:

shower does not produce PW. it takes 1 kg of clean water and outputs 1 kg of PW. its just and exchange. i'm talking about refining any resource and getting PW. (oil-> petro and petro gens as example). biodistillers are also on my radar but to make it work i need like 36 pufts and enormous amount of PO which i also do not have :)

So again, why do you need so much PW?