Coming Soon - The Gorge!

4 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

image.png.a6c7cdbe28c3a94012e8887d37706b8a.png

isnt this a healing salve?
P.S : has anyone noticed after the gorge text comes there more eating sounds and the gnaw burps

It's a mortar and pestle and, even though the healing salve item has the medicine still in it when you have it as an item, it's used for grinding.

In this case I would assume that it's being used for grinding spices to put onto the food.

Some people even use a set to grind fresh tea leaves to let the leaves release more tea flavour into the solution.

Naturally also good for chemsitry.  By the power of grayskull grinding!

Hmm.

Forge was a gladiator battle- Health

Gorge is about feeding a gigantic ravenous monster-Hunger

What if there is only one more event and it's about sanity? That would be interesting, though we've definitely drifted from the survival genre quite a bit.

Also, I'm kinda wary of Mumsy. What if she just wants the survivors to fail so they can't conquer this world, too? Is she gonna sabotage or imprison them so that they suffer the curse? Or does she just want them to help keep her son safe?

Either way, seems like she has a system going.

And what is that key for? Maybe there's some more dark secrets to this world than what's shown.

13 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Also, I'm kinda wary of Mumsy. What if she just wants the survivors to fail so they can't conquer this world, too? Is she gonna sabotage or imprison them so that they suffer the curse? Or does she just want them to help keep her son safe?

And what is that key for? Maybe there's some more dark secrets to this world than what's shown.

I guess we'll have to wait a few more days for the beta to come out so we can get a look at Mumsy's dialogue. In any case, maybe the denizens of the Elder Bog don't hate the ancients as much as those of the Forge. It looks like they had a pretty nice city going before the Gnaw came, and generally, people are less likely to hate their conquerers if they get to live in prosperity. Or maybe they're just so desperate that they'd be willing to accept help from even Gatekeepers (or "Gatekeepers"/confused survivors). Anyway, we didn't get to hear the words in that exchange between Mumsy and Wickerbottom, so maybe she knows they aren't Gatekeepers because, unlike Pugna, Mumsy actually tries to listen before passing judgment.

Also, the key the Swamp Pig gives Wilson might just unlock the oven. It doesn't look like a gateway key.

4 hours ago, axxel said:

Maybe the goat mom is the queen? The brooch makes her somewhat noble. And the mourning veil makes sense if the king died because of the Gnaw's disease.

If so, that would also fit the Victorian theme. Didn't Queen Victoria herself wore mourning clothes for the rest of her life after her husband died?

I'm confused(and very hopeful) about this , so the event is "The gorge" and starts 6/14 to 7/9 , But at the same time Through The Ages beta starts too . Does that mean - we get the event and TTa content update (in beta) or just name bug and they are the same thing ?

44 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

If so, that would also fit the Victorian theme. Didn't Queen Victoria herself wore mourning clothes for the rest of her life after her husband died?

Yeah, for around 40 years up until she herself died.

I did a little research, and it turns out that the Victorians had this big obsession with death and mourning, with all sorts of customs involved. Given the high mortality rates back then, people ended up wearing mourning clothes for most of their lives. The social stigma associated with not following protocol was so strong that poorer families would sometimes refuse to use their preemptive funeral funds to buy necessities (like food or medicine) for a family member to prevent them from dying in the first place. Really. It's a bit weird.

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

So, let's get to the important stuff, what sacrifice do I need to make to be a part of the Beta?

Thank you.

Do any of you guys at Klei need their yard's grass mowed? dog washed? toilet unclogged? 

I would assume that it would be like at the Forge - an open beta which you can simply join through steam. I don't see why Klei would want a different system now. I could be wrong tho as we don't have any confirmed info yet, but JoeW said that we should "keep an eye on the forums" so I guess they'll tell it us when it's time.

From what we see of the trailer and what little I can make out from the leaked skins and portraits, I think the play area is going to be significantly larger than the Forge. Areas for mushrooms and whatever a "sweetwood tree" is. There appears to be coins, so I think the market is well involved, but that begs the question of, where do you get your cash if you're busy feeding the Gnaw?

Also, Wilson's outfit appears to related to Victorian physicians, and considering the "plague" the Gnaw apparently produces, I wonder if there will be medicine involved... There's no sprites that I know of that would suggest that to be the case though.

23 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

Yeah, for around 40 years up until she herself died.

I did a little research, and it turns out that the Victorians had this big obsession with death and mourning, with all sorts of customs involved. Given the high mortality rates back then, people ended up wearing mourning clothes for most of their lives. The social stigma associated with not following protocol was so strong that poorer families would sometimes refuse to use their preemptive funeral funds to buy necessities (like food or medicine) for a family member to prevent them from dying in the first place. Really. It's a bit weird.

They would cut locks of hair from their dead loved ones and have it made into jewelry. I know some who collects this stuff

2 minutes ago, saiavinn said:

From what we see of the trailer and what little I can make out from the leaked skins and portraits, I think the play area is going to be significantly larger than the Forge. Areas for mushrooms and whatever a "sweetwood tree" is. There appears to be coins, so I think the market is well involved, but that begs the question of, where do you get your cash if you're busy feeding the Gnaw?

Also, Wilson's outfit appears to related to Victorian physicians, and considering the "plague" the Gnaw apparently produces, I wonder if there will be medicine involved... There's no sprites that I know of that would suggest that to be the case though.

The coins appear to be given by the Gnaw when you feed it, according to the skin description.

Also, those are Sugarwood Trees.

image.png

4 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Hmm.

Forge was a gladiator battle- Health

Gorge is about feeding a gigantic ravenous monster-Hunger

What if there is only one more event and it's about sanity? That would be interesting, though we've definitely drifted from the survival genre quite a bit.

what about beaverness tho, i wanna get an event focused on our favorite canadian :)

10 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

image.png.ef6c9f5c43c59f48ed6cb1d119d84644.pngdevs y u no fix dis

59916d1ea8bd2_arielfanning.png.e9bd011cefa83082f8229e09cba7b118.pngMaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeee it's on purpose?

10 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

image.thumb.png.2207b38a0bac3b9b847c8f562c8be090.pngWhy do they look as if in they havent slept for days wilsons eyes usually have a grey tint around it

Sounds like me.:wilson_ecstatic:

7 hours ago, axxel said:

-I want to protect the child goat. I won't accept any comments about the child goat turning into meat roast.

Let's protect the babu goat from Shadman's artistry.:wilson_ecstatic:

6 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Actually now that you think of it, each place will have an animal ruler. Some have big kingdoms, some have small kingdoms. Like the Pig King, Goat Queen, and Pugma

5a6127b83dcc6_transparenthighpugna.png.490012aec446ab825f6a9ca1142eab79.png5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png"animal", riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Me personally, I think he fits into the category of amorphous blob. :wilson_dorky: 

um.thumb.png.df82b27f65b0a5ab441b4d0f7525b2a8.png

What I hope for next year if they bring back the Gorge is if they make it a drinking competition to see who can make the Gnaw boozed the most from alcoholism poisoning.

58ed5ece7fc16_starverscelebratingbeerday.thumb.png.389f7c19a61fbc4792eb5ceef7fd1a56.png

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

59916d1ea8bd2_arielfanning.png.e9bd011cefa83082f8229e09cba7b118.pngMaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeee it's on purpose?

Actually i found out that my meme mod was the reason :( XD

30 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Sounds like me.:wilson_ecstatic:

Let's protect the babu goat from Shadman's artistry.:wilson_ecstatic:

5a6127b83dcc6_transparenthighpugna.png.490012aec446ab825f6a9ca1142eab79.png5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png"animal", riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

um.thumb.png.df82b27f65b0a5ab441b4d0f7525b2a8.png

What I hope for next year if they bring back the Gorge is if they make it a drinking competition to see who can make the Gnaw boozed the most from alcoholism poisoning.

58ed5ece7fc16_starverscelebratingbeerday.thumb.png.389f7c19a61fbc4792eb5ceef7fd1a56.png

btw whos slickster?

Archived